Attempt questions based on February 28, 2016 major events and build you GK online:
1. Who has been appointed as Delhi Chief Police on February 28, 2016?
Director General Alok Kumar Verma will take over as Delhi Police Chief on March 1, 2016. He will be replaced BS Bassi.
2. Name of first chairman of Banks Board Bureau, who elected on 28th February?
Former Comptroller and Auditor General of India, Vinod Rai has been appointed the first chairman of Banks Board Bureau on 28th February 2016.
3. Which state announced that it assembly’s air its proceedings and other programmes through YouTube?
The Delhi Assembly’s plans to air its proceedings and other programmes through private cable TV and YouTube after failing to elicit a response from the Centre to its proposal for setting up an exclusive TV channel. Delhi Assembly Speaker Ram Niwas Goel said the House has started hiring consultants in this regard besides recruiting other staff required for the purpose.
4. Which International Airport has become the first airport to obtain ‘GreenCo Platinum’ rating?
Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) has become the first and only airport in the country to obtain‘GreenCo Platinum’ rating from the Green Building Council (GBC). Bangalore International Airport Ltd.
5. What is the name of Abdul Kalam’s Political party which launched on February 28, 2016?
A political party was launched in the name of former President APJ Abdul Kalam on February 28, 2016. V. Ponraj, who was scientific adviser to Kalam, announced the name of the party as ‘Abdul Kalam Vision India Party’.
6. Where is two bomb blast and killed at least 70 people on February 28, 2016?
Two bomb blast in a market northern Baghdad and killed at least 70 people on February 28, 2016. There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks, but suicide bombings are a tactic almost exclusively employed in Iraq by Sunni militants, especially the Islamic State.
7. Name of Cement Company which announced to acquire Jaypee Group’ cement capacity assets for Rs.16, 500crore?
Cement company UltraTech Limited has announced to accuire Jaypee Group’s 22.4 million tonnes of cement capacity assets for Rs.16,500 crore, making it the largest deal in the Indian cement sector.
8. Actor-comedian Kumarimuthu passed away recently. He belongs to which state?
Actor-comedian Kumarimuthu passed away on February 28, 2016 at age of 77 due to some age-related ailments. He is known for his comic roles, Kumarimuthu starred in nearly 50 films in his career spanning over three-decades.
9. Name of two country’s space signed an agreement of Collaborate on Red Planet?
India and the U.S. could jointly explore Mars and who knows an Indian astronaut could also head to the Red planet on a joint mission
10. How many nations will visit Prime Minister Narendra Modi from 30th March 2016?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will visit Saudi Arabia as a part of a three-nation tour starting late next month. Modi will visit Riyadh on April 2 on his way back from Washington where he will attend the Nuclear Summit.