Attempt questions based on February 28, 2016 major events and build you GK online:
1. What is the main aim of the Union Budget 2016-2017 presented on February 29?
Focus on Village, farmers and poor: The Union Budget 2016-2017 presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on February 29 for the poor, village, farmers. announcing new rural aid schemes and skimping on a bank bailout, in a strategy shift that seeks to boost his ruling party in coming state elections.
2. In which city, will be held the 5th edition of the Technotex from 21 April – 23 April 2016?
Mumbai: The 5th edition of Technotex will be held in Mumbai from 21 April – 23 April 2016, which aims to boost ‘Make in India’ in Technical Textiles. The 5th International Exhibition & Conference on Technical Textiles recognizes the immense potential of technical textiles and its increasingly diverse and innovative applications.
3. Who won the Motorsports Man-of-the-Year Trophy?
Armaan Ebrahim: Armaan Ebrahim was awarded of the Motorsports Man-of-the-Year Trophy at a gala award ceremony, organised by the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI) February 28, 2016.
4. Recently who has been elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Council of IFAD?
Dinesh Sharma: Additional Finance Secretary, Department Of Economic Affairs Dinesh Sharma was unanimously elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Council of IFAD for a period of two years in its 39th Session held in Rome, Italy.
5. Name of person who appointed as Bharity Janta Dal president for the 7th consecutive terms?
Naveen Patnaik: 14th Odisha current Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has been appointe as Bharity Janta Dal president for the 7th consecutive terms and 80 others were elected unopposed to the State executive of the party.
6. Who is the chief guest of the 40th anniversary of Indian Civil Accounts Service?
Pranab Mukherjee: Indian President Pranab Mukherjee recently elected as the chief guest at the 40th anniversary celebrations of Indian Civil Accounts Service, which will be held in 1st March, 2016.
7. When was held The 88th Oscar award ceremony?
February 29, 2016:The 88th Oscar award ceremony held in the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles on February 29, 2016. This academy ceremony was hosted by Indian Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra made her debut on the Oscars red carpet and presented the award.
8. What is the aim of ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ scheme?
connect states and districts of the country: Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced on February 29 that ‘Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat’ scheme will be launched which aim to connect states and districts of the country.
9. Who won the 1st All India Open Invitational Snooker Championship on February 29, 2016?
Rahul Sachdev:Former National Reds runner-up Rahul Sachdev won the 1st All India Open Invitational Snooker Championship on February 29, 2016. In the final, Rahul defeated current national 6Reds no.4 Pushpender Singh of Railways 5-3.
10. How much allocated each for celebrating Birth Centenary of Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay?
100 Crore:Union Budget 2016-17 has proposed allocation of initial sums of Rs. 100 Crore each allocated for celebrating Birth Centenary of Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay and 350th Birth Anniversary of Guru Gobind Singh.