Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) MBA Admission Test
IIFT MBA Admission test is a spirited entrance test performed by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade for admissions in the MBA program in the IIFT Delhi and Kolkata campus. The institute is a premier institute for international trade and business management as well as research in the country. IIFT is a deemed university established by the Department of commerce, government of India. As a university the institute presents options for a number of courses but it is predictable as one of the best centers in the country for its MBA program in international business (IB).
It is a six trimester program. The eligibilities for candidates applying to admissions are:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field from a recognized university spanning for a minimum of 3 years is a must.
- The candidates appearing in the qualifying examination may appear in the test by submitting the proof of required qualification by the beginning of October of the year of commencement of the course at the institute.
- No age limit is there for admissions in the MBA program at the institute.
- For Indian nationals (all categories) – The admission process consists of entrance exam, group discussion and personal interviews. The entrance exam is an objective test. Paper consists of questions of multiple choice answers as all other standard examinations for management degree. The written test is organized at selected centers across India namely Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam. The marks obtained in the written test in selection criteria for GD/PI. The duration of the written test is of two hours (in English only). In general it consists of 200 questions covering general knowledge, English comprehension, quantitative analysis and logical reasoning. It is a general aptitude test to mark the candidate’s ability in management skills.
- For foreign nationals- On the origin of General Management Aptitude Test or GMAT. The score obligation proclaimed by the institute at the time of application procedure.
The advertisement/sale of application for entrance starts in the month of July and goes up to September. The exam is conducted on the fourth Sunday of November. The program commences by July next year.