Integrated common entrance test or most commonly known as the ICET is a competitive entrance test accomplished by the state council of higher education in Andhra Pradesh and the Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam. ICET is accomplished at the state level for the graduates seeking admissions in MBA or MCA courses. This state level entrance test is accomplished every year in the month of may and more than 20 universities of the Andhra Pradesh state consider this score in there admissions.
The eligibilities for applying candidates are:
- The candidate should be Indian national and gratify the local/non-local criteria of the educational institutions. Foreign public should satisfy the rules laid down by precise university.
- Candidate should have passed or should be appearing in the final year exams of their bachelor’s degree (except BOL and BFA) by any recognized university of the state or equivalent.
- For admission in a MBA course candidates should have passed their renowned bachelor’s degree exam of not less than three years of period.
- Candidates applying for admissions in MCA courses must have passed their recognized bachelor’s grade exam of not less than three years of duration with mathematics at 10+2 level.
- The qualifying marks for the bachelors degree is 50% (45% for reserved categories).
As for the question paper it focuses on mental, analytical and communication ability of the candidate. The communication part basically focuses on the vocabulary, grammar, comprehension and business and computer terminology.
The analytical ability checks for the problem solving techniques and data analysis like analogies of entities or sequence and series problems, analysis of data in graphs and pies, Venn diagram, encoding problems, data sufficiency problems etc.
While the mathematical part stresses on basic algebra like matrices, binomial theorem, progressions, sets and relations and statistics which consists of frequency, mean, mode, deviations, probability and the trigonometry and then the geometrical part having problems of basic geometrical figures.
The question paper is basically designed to check the mental status and aptitude of the candidate and doesn’t rely on any core subjects. The duration of the entrance test is of 150 min.
The sale of application forms for the entrance test starts in the last week of February and ends after first week of April. The test is conducted across the Andhra state at 25 different cities. The question paper is a multiple choice question paper such that only one of the options is correct. There is no negative marking for choosing more than one option.