|Group of 77 or G-77
- Established: June 15, 1964
- Objective: To promote economic co-operation among developing nations.
- Members: 134
|International Criminal Police Organization For (INTERPOL)
- Established: Sept. 7, 1923
- Objective: To promote the international cooperation among criminal police authorities.
- Members: 186
- Headquarters: Lyon, France.
|International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Established: June 23, 1894
- Objective: To promote the Olympic ideals and administer Olympic Games.
- Members: 203
- Headquarters: Switzerland.
|International Organization For Standardization ( ISO)
- Established: Feb., 1947
- Objective: To promote development of international standards.
- Members: 158
- Headquarters: Switzerland.
|International Red Cross And Crescent Movement
- Established: By Henry Duet in 1863
- Objective: To promote worldwide humanitarian aid.
- Headquarters: Geneva,Switzerland.
|Non-Aligned Movement (NAM)
- Established: Sept., 1961
- Headquarter: Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- Objective: Political co-operation and separate itself from both USA and USSR (in the cold-war era).
- Members: 118
- The credit of evolving the concept goes to Pt. Jawahar lal Nehru. The other contributors were Marshal Tito (President of Yugoslavia), Dr. Sukamo (President of Indonesia) and General Nasser (President of Egypt). Bandung conference in Indonesia became the forum for the birth of NAM.
|European Union (EU)
- Established: Apr.8, 1965. Effective on July 1, 1967
- Objective: To create a united Europe in which member countries would have such strong economic and political bonds that war would cease to be a recurring fact.
- Members: 27 (The ten new countries which joined in 2004 are Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slavakia and Slovania). Bulgaria & Romania joined in 2007.
- Headquarters: Brussels (Belgium). The common European, currency, Euro, was launched on Jan. 1, 1999
|North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Established: April 4, 1949
- Objective: Mutual defense and cooperation
- Members: 27 + Russia
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
|Organization of Petroleum
Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Established: Sept,1959
- Objective: Attempts to set world prices by controlling oil production and also persues member interest in trade and development.
- Members: Algeria, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, UAE, Nigeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Angola and Venezuela.
- Headquarters: Vienna (Austria).
|South Asian Association For Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- Established: Dec. 8, 1985
- Objective: To promote economic, social and cultural cooperation.
- Members: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Srilanka, Afghanistan.
- Headquarters: Katmandu, Nepal.
|World Meteorological Organization (WMO)
- Established: Oct. 11, 1947, Effective from April 4, 1951.
- Objective: Specialized UN Agency concerned with meteorological cooperation.
- Members: 162
- Headquarters: Geneva
|Amnesty International (AI)
- Established: May 28, 1961
- Objective: To keep a watch over human rights violation worldwide.
- Headquarters: London
- Members: 150
- Got Nobel Prize in 1977 for Peace.
|Organization Of The Islamic Conference (OIC)
- Established: Sept. 25, 1969
- Objective: To promote Islamic solidarity among member states and to consolidate cooperation among members.
- Members: 57
- Headquarters:Kilo 6, Mecca Road, P.O.B. 178, Saudi Arabia.
|Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- Established: June 7, 2002.
- Objective: To develop mutual cooperation.
- Members: Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrghiztan and Tajikistan.
|Scouts and Guides
- Established: 1907 by Lt. Gen. Baden Powell.
- Objective: To encourage good character, loyalty to god and country, service to other people and physical and mental fitness.
- Members: About 13 million members of around 115 nations.
- World Scouts Bureau: Geneva (Switzerland).
|World Wildlife Fund For Nature (WWF)
- Established: Sept. 11, 1961
- Objective: To save the wildlife from extinction
- Members: All the countries of the world
- Headquarters: Gland (Switzerland)