Current Affairs of January 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of January 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 January 2011
- New telecom operators pay Rs.73.73 crore as penalty to DoT.
- BSF lodges protest with Pak rangers over ceasefire violation.
- Panic grips as LPG tanker turns turtle near Malappuram.
- Infiltration bid foiled along LoC in J&K, Pak guide arrested.
Current Affairs of 02 January 2011
- Church of England is split over consecration of women bishops.
- High Court Bench transfers murder case investigation to CB-CID.
- India to make another bid to buy Gandhi’s South Africa home.
- Chennai Sangamam to feature over 1,300 artists from all over State.
Current Affairs of 03 January 2011
- Coimbatore, Tiruchi and Madurai may get automated system for Indane gas refill.
- Govt land around Dholera to be put on sale first in SIR.
- RPI-Sena-BJP leaders vow to throw Cong-NCP out of power in state.
- BDCC beats all nationalized banks put together in disbursing farm loans.
Current Affairs of 04 January 2011
- State Election Commission overturns rejection of two nominations
- DRDO to set up research and innovation centre at IIT-Madras, says V.K. Saraswat.
- Indian Science Congress to see debates on academy-industry cooperation, environment.
Current Affairs of 05 January 2011
- Stalin asks Congress leaders to urge Centre for early release of flood aid.
- Madras High Court directs State Transport Corporation to employ HIV positive persons.
- Michael Bevan to coach Kings XI Punjab.
- U.S. dollar firms up sharply against rupee.
Current Affairs of 06 January 2011
- Citibank Fraud: SEBI probes violation in income proof rules.
- National meet on ‘Dalit households in village economies’ begins today.
- No leniency to those who dishonour tribal women: Supreme Court.
Current Affairs of 07 January 2011
- India to replace U.S. as 2nd largest economy by 2050.
- Sri Lanka dissolves local government councils ahead of polls.
- German astronomers spot long-lost chunk of battered proto-planet.
- High Court stays medical council notifications on entrance tests.
Current Affairs of 08 January 2011
- Swami Aseemanand’s confession reveals Hindutva terror activities.
- Twitter subpoenaed for accounts of Wikileaks-linked individuals.
- More than 3,000 police personnel deployed at Sabarimala, Pampa for Makaravilakku.
Current Affairs of 09 January 2011
- 2G scam: CBI registers preliminary enquiry to probe role of banks.
- DMDK writes to Mamata to increase frequency of Tirukkural Express.
- Indian envoy in U.K. probed for wife assault.
- Congress leaders demand withdrawal of Central forces from OU.
Current Affairs of 10 January 2011
- JITO to organise two-day global conference in Chennai.
- Nine AIADMK MLAs suspended for rest of Assembly session.
- Bar Council urges President to probe allegations against K.G. Balakrishnan.
- Iran plane crash toll rises to 77, black box found.
Current Affairs of 11 January 2011
- Bankers ask RBI to cut CRR, SLR in Third Quarter Review on Jan 25.
- Offer Rs.1, 500 per quintal for paddy: TNCSC employees’ forum.
- Former Microsoft India MD Rajan Anandan to head Google India.
- Rahul blames U.P. government for poor education, health systems.
- Moser Baer Power ties up funds for 2,520 MW thermal project in M.P.
Current Affairs of 12 January 2011
- BCCI top brass grilled over FEMA violations in IPL.
- Public statements on its 2G spectrum report improper, says CAG.
- I-T to examine complaints of ‘ghost employees’ in Games Organising Committee.
- Army Chief not for part use or modification of AFSPA.
Current Affairs of 13 January 2011
- Government to start medical colleges in Pudukottai, Virudhunagar districts.
- Election Commission to make independent assessment of law and order in West Bengal.
- Intelligence agencies verifying claims of IM member’s murder.
- Mullen predicts more violence in Afghanistan in 2011.
- Journalists to launch News Corp’s iPad newspaper.
Current Affairs of 14 January 2011
- Way paved for India’s enhanced partnership with World Bank.
- India clinch gold, silver in Alpine Men’s Giant Slalom event.
- Over 55 die as tragedy strikes Sabarimala pilgrims in Idukki.
- HDFC Q3 net up 33 p.c. at Rs. 891 crore.
- Intel reports record profit of $3.4 bn in Q4.
Current Affairs of 15 January 2011
- Sheila Dikshit reviews situation at the site of demolished mosque.
- World Bank agrees to support national programme to mitigate cyclone impact.
- PM and President condole death of Sabarimala pilgrims.
- Syed Bukhari leads Friday prayers at site of demolished mosque in Delhi.
Current Affairs of 16 January 2011
- Pietersen, Strauss propel England to 294 against Australia.
- DoT moots up to Rs. 2 cr penalty on unlawful phone tapping.
- Tax Forum: Whether windmills are eligible for straight-line depreciation.
Current Affairs of 17 January 2011
- Rupee falls by 18 paise at 4-week low against dollar.
- AIADMK rule will be established after Assembly elections, says Jayalalithaa.
- Supreme Court to examine RTE impact on private schools.
- Post-FPO, promoters holding in Tata Steel to reduce to 2.4 p.c.
Current Affairs of 18 January 2011
- Unsavoury questions on corruption await Indian CEOs in Davos.
- HR Management, both organisational ideology and operational idiom.
- JD(S) may launch nationwide stir against corruption.
Current Affairs of 19 January 2011
- Swiss banker who turned to WikiLeaks goes on trial.
- Textiles panel to campaign for U.S. business standards in Tirupur cluster.
- Pakistan seeks quick resolution of Kishenganga dispute in arbitration court.
- India’s 20th nuclear reactor connected to power grid.
Current Affairs of 20 January 2011
- Pranab to clarify government stand on ending black money.
- Advocates Forum urged Governor to dismiss complaints against CM.
- OIC panel meet declaration mentions Kashmir at Pakistan insistence.
- Kamal Nath aims to make Delhi Metro bigger than London Underground.
Current Affairs of 21 January 2011
- 14-year-old makes no.1 app of Apple store.
- Prime Minister has undermined MGNREGA, say social activists.
- J&K Govt sanctions relief for 38 militancy-affected families.
Current Affairs of 22 January 2011
- Son dies in hospital as man awaits MNREGS payments.
- Make searching enquiry to ensure confession is voluntary, says Supreme Court.
- Russian spy Anna Chapman makes TV debut as presenter.
- Young India’ should join the comity of nations: Purandeswari.
Current Affairs of 23 January 2011
- AIADMK to launch 20-day state-wide campaign over 2G scam.
- Top five IT companies to hire 1.8 lakh persons in 12 months, says Infosys.
- India condemns killing of fisherman; Sri Lanka denies involvement.
- India may have to wait till 2012 for information on black money.
Current Affairs of 24 January 2011
- Hero Honda executes licensing pact, paves way for Honda exit.
- State media: Kim Jong Il meets Egyptian CEO.
- North-western Pakistan jolted by magnitude 6.3 quake.
- Embassy raises Kamal Nath immunity question with State Department.
Current Affairs of 25 January 2011
- Indian-American sentenced to 32 years of imprisonment.
- Service providers warned against digging roads without permission.
- Nageswara Rao, Ahluwalia, Shashi Kapoor, Girish Kasaravalli among Padma awardees.
- State government told to give pension to widow of freedom fighter.
- All India Council for Technical Education issues notice to over 1,000 colleges.
Current Affairs of 26 January 2011
- 2G spectrum allocation likened to welfare schemes.
- Maharashtra institutes award in memory of Pandit Bhimsen Joshi.
- Life term extended to full life sentence for rape, murder of child.
- Colombo–Tuticorin ferry service in a few weeks: Ashok Kantha.
Current Affairs of 27 January 2011
- CBI told to give copies of encounter case documents to Shah.
- Labrador retriever named most popular dog in U.S.
- Ganga pollution: five more tanneries to be closed down in Kanpur.
- Vital information on the mysterious death of former MCL secretary and sons.
Current Affairs of 28 January 2011
- Tunisian PM names independents to key government posts.
- Minutes show CVC selection panel did not discuss Palmolein case.
- NAC suggests inclusion of domestic workers in Sexual Harassment Bill.
- Complaints of poor service, attacks on buses mark MTC unions’ strike.
Current Affairs of 29 January 2011
- ICC refuses to review decision of shifting WC match at Eden.
- WTO members for concluding Doha Round within 2011.
- Egypt’s Mubarak names vice president for 1st time.
- Special court rejects defence counsel application in Jayalalithaa case.
Current Affairs of 30 January 2011
- WEF ends on cautious note; question mark on ability to combat future crisis
- India-China classical music concert hosted in Singapore.
- Banks asked to lend Rs 100 cr to SHGs ahead CM’s Rachabanda.
Current Affairs of 31 January 2011
- Advise Sri Lanka to refrain from attacking fishermen: Karunandhi to PM.
- After rebel Li Na’s success, China’s old sporting system faces questions.
- TRAI: Govt. can get Rs. 90,000 cr from additional 2G spectrum sale.