Current Affairs of January 2013 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of January 2013. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 January 2013:
- Deepak Mohan Spolia appointed as new chief secretary of delhi.
- Infra sector growth dips to 1.8% in November.
- Brain cells behind altruism discovered.
- Deep kissing increases the risk of spreading a viral disease.
Current Affairs of 02 January 2013:
- Sanjay Bangar announces retirement from cricket.
- D Subbarao appointed as new deputy governor of monetary policy depatment.
- Sairaj Bahutule retires from all form of Cricket.
- 99% teacher failed to clear the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2012.
- CBSE board examinations 2013 to start from March 1, 2013.
Current Affairs of 03 January 2013:
- Sandesh Parkar NCP leader from Konkan joins Congress.
- New Zealand bowled out for 45 by South Africa opening day of the first Test.
- Bharti Airtel launches mobile education services in India.
- Maruti Suzuki sales up 3.2 percent in December.
Current Affairs of 04 January 2013:
- Tennis star Leander Paes makes his Bollywood debut with Rajdhani Express.
- Pakistan defeat India in second ODI and take unassailable 2-0 lead in series.
- New compound could reverse symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
Current Affairs of 05 January 2013:
- Virat Kohli bags top honours at CEAT Cricket Awards 2011-2012.
- Scientists Create Tumour-Killing Cells Which Can Be Directly Injected Into Patients.
- South Africa beat New Zealand by an innings and 27 runs in 1st test.
- Scientists Discovered Protein behind Scaly and Dry Skin in Eczema.
- IIT Council decided to increase tuition fee by 80%.
Current Affairs of 06 January 2013:
- PA Sangma launches National People’s Party, joins NDA.
- India Look To Avoid Whitewash in Delhi vs Pakistan.
- Nicol David reached World Series Squash semifinal.
Current Affairs of 07 January 2013:
- Sunmeet Kaur, first woman winner of Kaun Banega Crorepati.
- Aadhaar must deliver all subsidy perks.
- Australia appointed to UN sanctions committe.
- Different educational boards agree to have similar question papers.
Current Affairs of 08 January 2013:
- Lionel Messi wins 4th FIFA Ballon d’Or Award for the fourth time.
- R.G.Rajan appionted as new Chairman & Managing Director of National Fertilizers Limited.
- A.K.Purwaha has been conferred with the Lifetime Achievement Award 2012.
Current Affairs of 09 January 2013:
- S.K. Sarkar appointed as new Secretary of Ministry of Water Resources.
- University of Kashmir conferred with best research award in Earth Sciences.
- Domestic car sales down 12.5 %, bikes sales up in December.
Current Affairs of 10 January 2013:
- Jack Lewn appionted as new US treasury secretary of White House.
- Government set to raise diesel price by Rs 4.50/litre, LPG by Rs 100.
- Government increases railway fares by up to 25%.
- Saina, Kashyap, Sindhu reach second round in Korea Open.
Current Affairs of 11 January 2013:
- Bomb Blast in Pakistan 115 killed, over 200 injured.
- Indian Oil conferred with Energy Conservation Award.
- Sharat Sharma appionted as new Director of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
- Veteran movie maker, S Ramanathan passes away.
- Government approves 10% stake sale in Engineers India.
Current Affairs of 12 January 2013:
- England beat India by 9 runs, take 1-0 lead in ODI series.
- Australia beat Sri Lanka by 107 runs in 1st ODI.
- Audi launches new Q5 SUV at Rs 43.16 lakh.
- Scientists discover a piece of the Milky Way’s galactic skeleton.
Current Affairs of 13 January 2013:
- World’s oldest woman Koto Okubo, dies at 115.
- Plastic bags survive on confusion over high court order.
- Fiscal deficit likely to be contained at 5.3% of GDP.
Current Affairs of 14 January 2013:
- President of Sri Lanka Dismisses Chief Justice Shirani Bandaranayake.
- Nikhat Zareen clinched the silver medal at the 2nd Nations Cup boxing championship.
- Sri Lanka beat Australia in Second ODI by 8 wickets, level the series 1-1.
- Tata Consultancy Services Quarter 3 sales seen rising 2.2%, shares gain.
- Fiscal deficit likely to be 5.3% of GDP.
Current Affairs of 15 January 2013:
- 45 people killed in Syrian military attacks.
- Urjit Patel takes charge as new Deptuy Governor of Reserve Bank of India.
- Dharmendra Kumar appointed as new Special CP in Delhi Police.
- South Africa beat New Zealand by innings and 197 runs in the 2nd Test match.
- Inflation slows to 3 Year low, RBI may cut rates.
Current Affairs of 16 January 2013:
- India beat England in 2nd ODI by 127 runs, level the series 1-1.
- Hockey India League to send back all Pakistan players.
- Kamla Sharma elected as new Punjab Bharatiya Janata Party Chief.
- Gopa Vittal appointed as new CEO of Bharti Airtel.
- Petrol price hiked by 35 paise per litre.
Current Affairs of 17 January 2013:
- Om Prakash Chautala and Ajay Chautala jailed over illegal recruitment cheat.
- Rama Raman appointed as new CEO of Noida Extension Authority.
- Dr B R Mittal appionted as new president of PGIMER.
- Airtel launches free prepaid Facebook plan.
- FDI inflow to China dips 3.7%, first time in 3 Years.
Current Affairs of 18 January 2013:
- K.K.Gupta appointed as new Chairman of Indraprastha Gas Limited.
- Madhya Pradesh was awarded Krishi Karman Award for the year 2011-12.
- Olympic bronze-medallist Saina Nehwal rises to number 2 in world rankings.
- Diesel subsidy on way out, price to go up 45 paise every month.
Current Affairs of 19 January 2013:
- President’s rule imposed in Jharkhand from Friday.
- Actor Sophiya Haque dies aged 41.
- Sri Lanka beat Australia by four wickets take 2-1 lead in the series.
- Mahesh Bhupathi wins in doubles but Rohan Bopanna loses in Australian Open.
Current Affairs of 20 January 2013:
- Rahul Gandhi appointed vice president of Congress.
- New Zealand beat south africa by one wicket in first one day.
- India beat England by 7 wickets, lead the 5-match series 2-1.
- Saina Nehwal loses in semis of Malaysia Open.
Current Affairs of 21 January 2013:
- Maria Sharapova reach the quarter-final of Australian Open.
- Scientists developed a new Method for safe blood transfusion.
- UltraTech falls almost 2% as Quarter 3 profit drops.
Current Affairs of 22 January 2013:
- Anil Kumble appointed as new chief mentor of Mumbai Indians IPL Team.
- B. Prasada Rao has been conferred the Top Rankers Entrepreneurial Path Breaker Award 2013.
- D.K. Bandyopadhyay was conferred with Top Rankers Excellence Award.
- Mumbai in Ranji final for 44th time, take on Saurashtra.
- Government hikes import duty on gold, platinum to 6%.
Current Affairs of 23 January 2013:
- Former Haryana CM Chautala gets 10 years in jail.
- Rajnath Singh elected the new president of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Mahesh Bhupathi and Nadia Petrova entered the quarter-finals of Australian Open.
- Auto driver’s daughter is national topper in CA exams.
Current Affairs of 24 January 2013:
- Poor get 10% job quota in Haryana.
- Uddhav Thackeray takes charge as Shiv Sena president.
- India beats England by 5 wickets,take 3-1 lead in the series.
- New Zealand beat South Africa by 27 runs in 2nd ODI.
- Australia beat Sri Lanka in 5th one dayer to level the series 2-2.
Current Affairs of 25 January 2013:
- Former South Africa captain Van der Merwe passes away at 75.
- Mahesh Bhupathi, Sania Mirza out of Australian Open mixed doubles.
- Punjab Warriors beat Mumbai by 4-3, earn first win at home.
- Reserve Bank of India may reduce key rates by 25bps.
Current Affairs of 26 January 2013:
- Andy Murray beats Roger Federer to reach Australian Open final.
- Rahul Dravid, Rajesh Khanna and Mary Kom to get Padma Bhushan Award.
- Denis McDonough appointed as new white house chief of staff.
- Microsoft Quarter 2 Profits Down By 3.7 Percent.
Current Affairs of 27 January 2013:
- Victoria Azarenka wins the Australian Open beat Li Na in the Final.
- Delhi Waveriders beat Mumbai Magicians 4-3 in HIL.
- Sri Lanka beat Australia by 5 wickets in the first T20 International.
- South Africa beat New Zealand by 1 wicket, avoid whitewash.
Current Affairs of 28 January 2013:
- Jasraj Joshi wins Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012.
- Graham Thorpe appointed as new batting coach of England.
- John Wright appionted as new coach of Mumbai Indians IPL Team.
- Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray to win Australian Open.
- England beat India by 7 wickets in the 5th ODI, India win the series 3-2.
- India successfully test-fires underwater missile.
Current Affairs of 29 January 2013:
- Sanath Jayasuriya appointed as new head of selection panel.
- Naveen Patnaik appionts President of BJD for fifth time.
- Mumbai beat Saurashtra to win their 40th Ranji Trophy Title.
- Satish Kumar conferred with Life time Achievement Award.
Current Affairs of 30 January 2013:
- Tata Indica Vista D90 launched starting at Rs 5.99 lakh.
- RBI cuts repo rate, CRR by 0.25 per cent; loans may get cheaper.
- Aircel launches free mobile roaming service.
Current Affairs of 31 January 2013:
- Manoj Kohli appointed as new Managing Director of Bharti Airtel.
- Dennis Lillee appointed new Bowling adviser of Australian Cricket Team.
- Mumbai Magicians beat Uttar Pradesh Wizards by 4-0 get 1st win in HIL.
- HDFC Bank cuts auto loan rates by upto 0.5%.