Current Affairs of July 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of July 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 July 2012:
- Syed Zabiuddin Ansariaka Abu Jundal was monitored by the Indian intelligence establishment since 2008.
- Islamist Mohammed Morsithe is the first freely elected president of Egypt.
- All Bollywood actors will be charged 12% service tax from July 1, 2012.
- 5 Cricketers banned by BCCI.
- Neeraj Kumar as new Delhi Police commissioner appoints on Saturday.
- 48,000 carats of conflict diamonds were seized in Surat.
Current Affairs of 02 July 2012:
- India, Pak colts share U-19 Asia Cup Trophy.
- Delhi Gets It’s Hottest June In Five Years.
- Japan restarts nuclear reactor as protests mount.
- Vinod Duggal being appointed National Disaster Management authority (NDMA).
- SC: No disability pension in army if hurt-duty.
- Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal confirms role of Pakistani state actors.
Current Affairs of 03 July 2012:
- Islamist rebels destroying Mali’s heritage sites.
- Sanjay Gupta take charge as Director of Engineers India Ltd..
- Subsidy stays for less the 200 units.
- Spain beat Italy and wins the Euro cup.
- Delhi University third cutoff list out.
Current Affairs of 04 July 2012:
- Monsoon set to fall short this year but no fears of drought.
- PSBs strike ATM outsourcing deal.
- Murray finished off a rain interrupted match with a ruthless victory over Marin Cilic.
- Delhi blows its fuse over power cuts.
- IIT: Nearly 400 students opt out under exit policy.
Current Affairs of 05 July 2012:
- Scientists finally have found ‘God particle’.
- 4th cutoff list for Hans Raj.
- CBI charges Ashok Chavan in Adarsh case.
- ‘No mini-skirts’: Jamiat wants dress code for J&K tourists.
Current Affairs of 06 July 2012:
- New director at ONGC Videsh Ltd.
- Central Bank conferred with Leadership Award.
- Britain bans IM for causing series of blasts in India.
- 24 colleges still have BA seats,cutoffs dip up to 5%.
- Aditya Birla Group buys Canandian co.
Current Affairs of 07 July 2012:
- Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL) raised the price of CNG by Rs.2.90 per kg.
- Federer makes History.
- Robotic legs mimic human gait.
- 8% growth not god-given right.
Current Affairs of 08 July 2012:
- Airport line open by Aug-end.
- Aircraft Hijack by China security staff member.
- India is at variance with the global trend.
- Dr. Mukesh Batra received the Power Brand 2012 Award.
- Serena Williams wins the women’s Wimbledon title.
Current Affairs of 09 July 2012:
- Veteran actor Dara Singh critical.
- 573 Animals loses by Kaziranga in the flood.
- Roger Federer wins Wimbledon Title 2012.
- Fall in Rupee, 3% Service Tax To Make Trips Abroad Expensive.
- Global warming shrinks plant leaves.
Current Affairs of 10 July 2012:
- S.Korea’s softens stand in presidential bid.
- NASA claim of ‘arsenic life’ disproved.
- US football Olympian Hope Solo ‘warned’ by USADA after positive dope test.
- Golden Peacock Award to Airport Authority of India.
- Seats are still available for B. Com (H) and Eco (H) in colleges.
Current Affairs of 11 July 2012:
- World’s first nuclear cruiser up for auction as scrap.
- Montek expects economic turnaround by October.
- Mark Boucher quits international cricket.
- Flood fury hits 24 lakh in Assam.
- Technology Leader Award to Canara HSBC Life.
Current Affairs of 12 July 2012:
- Indian Army arrests Pakistani soldier in Jammu.
- Shetter to take oath as Karnataka Chief Minister today.
- Pre-Monsoon Showers Push Temp Down 10 Degrees.
- Merkel Visits Afghanistan.
Current Affairs of 13 July 2012:
- Australian fast bowler Brett Lee announces retirement form international cricket.
- No ban for Ek Tha tiger in Pakistan.
- Anand Trivedi has appointed as New Director of MMTC Limited.
- India’s ultimate Mard goes out fighting.
- TCS Q1 profit up 37% beats forecast.
- Golden Peacock awards presented.
Current Affairs of 14 July 2012:
- Exports drop 5.5% in June,imports 13.5%.
- 6th cutoff list out,BCom(H) still available.
- HDFC Bank net rises 31% to 1,417cr.
- FIIs pour in 7,300cr so far in July.
- Irfan Pathan replaces Vinay in ODI team for Sri Lanka series.
Current Affairs of 15 July 2012:
- Bollywood Actor Rajesh Khanna back in hospital.
- Tainted IOA Boss Demands Sports Minister Makens Resignation.
- Govt nod for Mars mission soon.
- KFs unpaid pilots go on strike.
- NCERT Drop 2 toons out of 21.
Current Affairs of 16 July 2012:
- Sunita williams gone to her second Space mission on Sunday.
- Daily cup of tea helps beat diarrhoea.
- 14 Amarnath yatris killed.
- Sushil kumar will Official flag-bearer in the London Olympics for india.
- Scientists see AIDS vaccine within reach after decades.
- DU Opens 7th cut off list today.
- Kingfisher Airline Pay Pilots February Salary Today.
Current Affairs of 17 July 2012:
- Rajesh Khanna to be discharged tomorrow.
- First Time In 100 Years, Women Beat Men In IQ Tests.
- A.K. Agarwal has been appointed New director of PFC.
- Jaswant Singh Vice-President Candidate form NDA.
- NHB Best Wins the Employer Brand Award.
- NTPC Wins theTeacher bags safety award.
- 7th cutoff: BCom(H) open in 5 colleges.
Current Affairs of 18 July 2012:
- Nuclear issue puts increasing pressure on Japan government.
- Saif-Kareena wedding in October.
- Mamata Banerjee Agreed to Support UPA Nominees.
- Once 2nd Largest Passenger Vehicle Maker,Tata Co Is Now Ranked 4th.
- Pakistan announce final World Twenty20 squad.
Current Affairs of 19 July 2012:
- Schools upset as CBSE makes changes to CCE.
- Heart Surgery of Statrughan Sinha on Monday.
- Taliban destroy 22 Nato trucks in Afghanistan.
- Bollywood actor Rajesh Khanna dies at 69.
- Govt mulls cooking gas subsidy cut, partial decontrol of diesel.
Current Affairs of 20 July 2012:
- Arun Kumar Pandey appoint new as director of NCL.
- New president of All India Public Sector Sports Promotion Board (AIPSSPB).
- Air traffic down 3.8% in June on high taxes,charges.
- BHEL Conferred Cost Management Awards.
- Integral Coach Factory ICF wins eco innovation award.
- Scientists have developed a Application to cut the skin cancer.
- DU to issue more OBC cutoff lists.
Current Affairs of 21 July 2012:
- 27% fuel stations reserved for OBCs.
- Microsoft logs in first quarterly loss in 26 yrs.
- Vegetable Price Remain Till Monsoon End, Say Sources.
- India vs Sri Lanka first ODI Today.
- Flipkart hikes minimum order value for free delivery.
Current Affairs of 22 July 2012:
- Rahul Sharma and Wayne Parnell Positive for Durgs.
- Japan firm told workers to lie about radiation exposure.
- Pranab Mukherjee to be elected as 13th President of India on Sunday.
- India Win First ODI Against Sri Lanka by 21 Runs,Kohli Cracks Ton.
Current Affairs of 23 July 2012:
- Pranab Mukherjee takes oath as 13th President of India.
- Dhoni,Team India fined for slow over-rate in first ODI.
- Scientists developed first complete computer to help better diagnosis, treatment of diseases.
- Cos Q1 net falls 8% since previous quarter.
Current Affairs of 24 July 2012:
- Reducing salt in your food can cut cancer risk.
- Boomb blast in Iraq kills 111 people in a day.
- Petrol price up by 70 paise per litre.
- ONGC gets Greentech Safety Management Award-2012.
- Scientists have created an artificial jellyfish.
- DalesSteyn Takes Fiver as South Africa Decimate England in 1st Test.
Current Affairs of 25 July 2012:
- No damage, tsunami after 6.6 quake hits off Indonesia’s Sumatra.
- Hesham Qandil appointed as new PM of Egypt.
- 4 Young Indians Wins the Origin Scientists Award.
- India Slump To Humiliating Defeat In Second One-Dayer.
- America’s first woman astronaut passes away.
Current Affairs of 26 July 2012:
- Amitabh Bachchan feels honoured to carry the London Olympics torch.
- Film director Ishara dies at 77.
- DRDO rejects 24 crore CWG aerostat gift.
- WADA bans 107 athletes in lead up to Games.
- New Method Stimulates Patients Body To Produce Bone-Building Protein.
Current Affairs of 27 July 2012:
- Egypt president meets Hamas leader Yesterday.
- The London Olympic 2012 Started today.
- Kya Super Kool Hain Hum Release Today.
- Experts Find A Chemical To Restore Sight In People With Degenerative Blindness.
- ESPN Star finds on-air sponsors for Olympics.
Current Affairs of 28 July 2012:
- Night shifts can raise risk of heart attack.
- India’s top guns aim for a bigger haul.
- Drunk driving is the major cause for road accidents fatalities.
- HIV Virus delete after bone marrow operation.
- M&M plans small cars on Logan platform.
Current Affairs of 29 July 2012:
- Hepatitis more lethal than HIV, malaria & dengue.
- Ashfaq Pervez Kayani, has been appointed as new defence secretary.
- 4 Insurance PSUs had net loss of 1.5 crore.
- Gambhir, Raina star in India’s five-wicket win vs Sri Lanka.
Current Affairs of 30 July 2012:
- Discovery of New White Blood Cell Reveals Target for Better Vaccine Design.
- Obama has slight edge against Romney.
- A $5000 car that helps you get through traffic jams.
- Baba’s Modi tango irks Team Anna.
- Maruti may hire 1,000 at Manesar.
Current Affairs of 31 July 2012:
- Fire on Tamil Nadu Express; 28 dead, several injured.
- Elusive gene that causes a form of blindness discovered.
- Anil Kumar Agarwal Appointed As New Director General.
- Gyanesh Pandey Appointed As New CMD of HSCC.
- Narang wins India’s first medal.