Current Affairs of June 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of June 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 June 2011
- Scientists extract enzymes from slaughtered animals.
- Money plant: Clever farmers borrow at 4%, invest at 8.5%.
- YSR Congress says it has the numbers to pull down Kiran govt.
- Schools association moves HC favouring govt move on Samacheer Kalvi.
- Students opting for school assessment rule roost in CBSE Std X results.
Current Affairs of 02 June 2011
- Register online within five days for Class X mark verification.
- Tamil actress complains about director Seeman to police.
- Fraud accused Abhay Gandhi planned to marry Deepika Padukone.
- Gujarat board (GSHSEB) may make HSC students failing in two subjects take supplementary exam.
- Egyptian businessman held for sex charges in New York.
Current Affairs of 03 June 2011
- Coimbatore, Tiruchi and Madurai may get automated system for Indane gas refill.
- Govt land around Dholera to be put on sale first in SIR.
- RPI-Sena-BJP leaders vow to throw Cong-NCP out of power in state.
- BDCC beats all nationalized banks put together in disbursing farm loans.
Current Affairs of 04 June 2011
- For ICSE students, good marks do not guarantee admission to Class 11.
- BCA 2nd-year students bag 5 of the top 10 ranks in PU.
- Pak beginning to recognize enemy within, feel Indian agencies.
- BJP calls UPA most corrupt govt since 1947.
- Arrest of an activist raises uncomfortable questions.
Current Affairs of 05 June 2011
- Naidu parades MLAs before Governor, seeks no confidence vote.
- Madras HC judge lashes out at port for failing to curb pollution.
- Kolkata daughter-in-law bags ‘Mrs India International’ title in Atlanta.
Current Affairs of 06 June 2011
- Live orchestra to entertain guests at 25th anniversary celebrations of Vijay and Shobha.
- Nathupur park: Only 28 of 87 trees transplanted.
- Bike-borne men snatch gold chain worth 40 K from Malad woman.
- Govt rethinks on Air India’s 787 Dreamliner purchase.
- Coca-Cola uses solar cooler to push rural sales.
Current Affairs of 07 June 2011
- Tackling terror: UK cabinet nod for crackdown on Muslim NGOs.
- Comed-K candidates can select seats from first week of July.
- PSEB results: 97 Ludhianvis make it to PSEB class XII merit list.
- PU: CET forms available online.
- Jayalalithaa appeals to PM for 1000 MW power to tide over shortage.
Current Affairs of 08 June 2011
- Patient wins battle against insurance company, gets1.2 lakhs.
- ITI-Vadnagar principal commits suicide to experience life after death.
- MMTC set to tap capital markets, offload 10%.
Current Affairs of 09 June 2011
- CMRL to consult heritage panel on relocation of statues at Ripon Buildings.
- Amendment to Uniform School Education Act challenged in High Court.
- 58 year old railway staff dies in a freak accident.
- Now, Baba Ramdev wants to raise 11,000-strong army.
- 2G scam: No wrongdoing by Tata Teleservices found, CBI tells JPC.
Current Affairs of 10 June 2011
- APSCW asks Arunachal govt to compensate Daporijo MMS victims.
- Saina, Kashyap and Sourabh reach Thailand Open quarterfinals.
- Surat General Hospital to provide dialysis facility for Rs 300.
- BJP youth wing protests against inviting KalmadiProtests against Kalmadi’s name in PMC invitation.
- Ahmedabad Schools: Second merit list for class XI science out.
Current Affairs of 11 June 2011
- Albin Myers rocked this evening with DJs like Erick Morillo and David Guetta in Pune.
- DMK quiet on Congress, blasts CBI for Kanimozhi’s woes.
- Supply power to dark zones or face agitation: Modhwadia.
- Congress steps up assets heat on Nagaland CM.
Current Affairs of 12 June 2011
- 42 nabbed in crackdown on smuggling of PDS.
- Minister promises redress of Telungupalayam’s woes.
- Village officer suspended on charges of misappropriation.
- Storm overturns vehicles, uproots trees in Ganjam.
- Thousands bid farewell to Khadakwasla MLA.
Current Affairs of 13 June 2011
- Accused in TV scam to surrender in CBI court after 15 years.
- Civil Services prelims paper set by UPSC surprises candidates.
- Govt showed favour to private oil explorers: CAG draft report.
- GMC proposes higher property tax rate than Ahmedabad.
Current Affairs of 14 June 2011
- Provogue-PEC Cocktail Challenge 2011 to celebrate first anniversary of Pune Expat Club, Provogue – Live Mad Nights in the city.
- SSA teachers exempted from mandatory training in vacations.
- DPA case: I-T commissioner’s Rs 4 crore worth assets seized.
- Jayalalithaa meets Tamil Nadu cadre bureaucrats.
- Gandhinagar can teach Ahmedabad how to nurture saplings without wasting water.
Current Affairs of 15 June 2011
- Socialites gather for an art exhibition organized to remember M F Husain in Ahmedabad.
- Not Central help, tariff revision may be only way to bail out TNEB.
- Save Ganga’ crusader dies after 115 days’ fast, Congress slams BJP govt In Uttarakhand.
- Land row: SC commission demands suspension of two officials.
Current Affairs of 16 June 2011
- Pune Baking Company celebrates the Fudge Day with delicious indulgences at the Pune Marriott Hotel and Convention Centre.
- Journalists hold chain hunger strike raise voice against attacks on journalists.
- SC gives Chandraswami a week to pay up Rs 9 crore FERA penalty.
- Mosquitoes close in attack but authorities have still not started taking serious action.
Current Affairs of 17 June 2011
- Dinner event to honour Marathi literary icon Mangesh Padgaonkar hosted by Dr Deepak Shikarpur in Pune.
- Youngsters at their trendiest best in this Bollywood themed birthday bash in a city disc in Ahmedabad.
- Up, Up Upma! Indian chef wins $100,000 prize in New York.
- 80-year-old man suffering from Alzheimer’s goes missing.
Current Affairs of 18 June 2011
- District administration widens ambit of e-district project.
- Kanimozhi, Raja conspired to get Rs 200 crore for Kalaignar TV, CBI tells SC.
- Kashmiri students leave past behind, get ready for the future.
- Duty evasion: Cops suspect nexus between liquor traders, excise staff.
- CDFD campus to come up at Survey of India premises.
Current Affairs of 19 June 2011
- GAIL plots issue: VMC chief seeks withdrawal of proposal.
- Court tells cops to ‘physically’ verify records of fake placement agency.
- Climate talks: India rebukes negotiators for acting in a partisan manner.
- Samjhauta blast: NIA to file charges against Aseemamand, 4 others.
- High drama marks Revolution Day celebrations across the state.
Current Affairs of 20 June 2011
- MSU’s FSW ranked 4th in list of best social work professional colleges.
- Army wants operational control of ITBP for better border posture against China.
- India square off against underperforming West Indies in first Test.
- Village with over 2,000 persons will have a bank by 2012: Meena.
Current Affairs of 21 June 2011
- Couples flock to Kamakhya for tying the knot during Ambubachi Mela.
- Haji Ali hawkers pelt BMC men with stonesSenior civic official hurt in stone pelting.
- Environment ministry appointed team ‘differs’ on Alaknanda project.
- Delhi Lokayukta seeks reasons for rejecting advice to sack Chauhan.
- DU second cutoff: BCom, Economics open in many colleges.
Current Affairs of 22 June 2011
- Pranab at receiving end of bug trick that has been tried on many.
- Praveen, Ishant sizzle as West Indies lose five quick wickets.
- Uppal SI suspended for replacing accused name in FIR.
- Corporator demands review of DC rules for old city areas.
Current Affairs of 23 June 2011
- Singhal, Barot grilled for 3 hours, statements recorded.
- Tata Steel wins $130m in TCP contract settlement.
- SUCI demands withdrawal of joint forces, Chhatradhar’s release.
- Andhra Pradesh mulls new guidelines for eco-tourism projects.
- Obama, Zardari agree to take steps to repair strained relations.
Current Affairs of 24 June 2011
- HC affirms ruling on consent of 70% tenants for redevelopment.
- Wakf panel dismisses Hinduja pleaDargah Land Sale Remains Null And Void.
- India bow out of Olympic qualifiers after 1-1 draw with Qatar.
- Flash taxi strike at international terminal stalls fleet cab launch.
- 15 injured in Malda college clash, cashier arrested.
Current Affairs of 25 June 2011
- Congress Working Committee dismisses Lokpal stir as BJP-RSS ploy.
- Indulal boycotted Swadeshi movement to express disapproval of Bapu’s philosophy.
- Akhil Gogoi’s arrest barbaric and politically motivated: Mahanta.
- Post IIT entrance results, students pour into Kota coaching institutions.
Current Affairs of 26 June 2011
- French composer-singer Betty Argo and her band performs live at a concert organized by a popular language institute in Ahmedabad.
- Diesel price hike may lead to rise in freight rates; Pranab asks states to cut cess on fuel.
- MSRTC employees told to treat senior citizens with respect.
- Colleges get accreditation on the basis of false claims about faculty’s qualification.
- Top job can now return to a Gandhi scion, hints Digvijay Singh.
Current Affairs of 27 June 2011
- Polio drive sees highest turnout since 2009, 68% kids immunized.
- Education dept meet on admission to CBSE school-test students today.
- PDS reform may be next faultline between govt and NAC.
Current Affairs of 28 June 2011
- Makeover for one-dayers; BCCI accepts diluted umpire review system.
- Ahmedabad’s first double-decker flyover to be inaugurated tomorrow.
- Ind vs WI: India up against pace and history at the Kensington Oval
- Illegal LPG cylinders seized in Shaherkotda; one arrested.
Current Affairs of 29 June 2011
- LPG Rs 16 less, 75 paise relief on kerosene in Orissa.
- Sambalpur University offers option of switching courses to unsuccessful applicants.
- Over 43k forms distributed on Day 1 of Std XI CAP.
- NID suspends three students for ragging junior in hostel.
- Higher secondary supplementary exams begin today across state.
Current Affairs of 30 June 2011
- CIC asks SBI subsidiary to review reasons for turning down applications under PM’s Rozgar Yojana.
- Ind vs WI: Rain plays spoilsport on Day 2 after Ishant’s double strike.
- IIT-Delhi rolls out ‘etiquette lessons’ for SC/ST students.