Current Affairs of June 2013 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of June 2013. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 June 2013:
- Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation to spend Rs 7 crore on Old Town roads.
- Educationists divided on Delhi University’s 4-year undergraduate programme.
- Railways wants to use 1.3L sq m of its land to raise Rs 7k crore.
Current Affairs of 02 June 2013:
- Srinivasan sets terms for exit, BCCI members unwilling to play ball.
- Marking of wards begin in new nagar panchayats in Greater Hyderabad.
- Uttarakhand Congress issues notice to three leaders for anti-party activities.
Current Affairs of 03 June 2013:
- Bastar bloodbath: World War II-era runway used to airlift Maoist-attack survivors.
- Increased negative marking in JEE-Advanced catches students off guard.
- JNNURM funds on hold as Nagpur Municipal Corporation goes slow on admin reforms.
- Employees Provident Fund Organization launches judicial inquiry against Nagpur Municipal Corporation for PF default.
Current Affairs of 04 June 2013:
- Sonia Gandhi announces special package for northeast women.
- Botsa Satyanarayana, Jana Reddy in Delhi to bat for sacked D L Ravindra Reddy.
- Medical Council of India nod for 50 more MBBS seats at Gandhi Medical College.
- Rs 10,000-crore revamp plan of Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport gets Maharashtra govt’s approval.
Current Affairs of 05 June 2013:
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation chief under fire from dairy unions.
- Zofa Welfare Organisation seeks judicial probe into arson at Saikhumphai.
- Film on river conservation wins national award at Gujarat International Film Festival.
- World Environment Day 2013: Environment pays as state goes heavy on industrialization.
Current Affairs of 06 June 2013:
- Nashik Municipal Corporation to speed up acquisition of Manoharnagar-Untawadi DP road.
- TN Pollution Control Board to strictly monitor air pollution levels in Thadagam.
- Narayan Bandekar elected Goa Chamber of Commerce and Industry president.
Current Affairs of 07 June 2013:
- Combined Entrance Examination results for engineering, medical courses out.
- Ind vs SA: Shikhar Dhawan’s ton sets up India’s win over South Africa.
- From IITs to Japanese language, HSC subject toppers to pursue dreams.
- Admission supervisory committee scraps private medical entrance test.
Current Affairs of 08 June 2013:
- Varanasi Municipal Corporation plans to introduce more than 300 colourful boats in Ganga.
- Bahujan Samaj Party leader accuses Samajwadi Party of foul play in Handia bypoll.
- CBI seeks arrest of former ministers Sabita Indra Reddy, Dharmana Prasada Rao in Jagan assets case.
- Panel to share data with UP, Haryana on duplicate voters in Delhi and rest of NCR.
Current Affairs of 09 June 2013:
- The second Slutwalk kicked off from Jadavpur to Triangular park in Kolkata.
- Moderate pre-monsoon showers hit CR hard, 50 services cancelled on Fri.
- Petition in high court over replacement of ‘Sindh’ with ‘Sindhu’ in national anthem.
- Nagpur University stops admissions to 338 colleges sans full-time teachers.
- Vidarbha Taxpayers Association to move HC over no shopping frontage.
Current Affairs of 10 June 2013:
- Tunnel-boring machines lie unused as Northern Railway still to give nod.
- Atal-Advani era ends as Narendra Modi appointed head of BJP poll panel.
- Hope for delayed projects, state drafts policy holding contractors accountable.
- Hearing in SGPDA, MMC markets’ cleanliness case adjourned to June 21.
Current Affairs of 11 June 2013:
- Chief minister directs PWD, Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation to use plastics, slag for roads.
- Flooding, traffic jams welcome monsoon to Goa; 11 inches of rain recorded since Friday.
- Forest officials yet to identify entrails seized from Goa engineering college.
- Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company earned extra revenue, but claimed surcharge for loss.
Current Affairs of 12 June 2013:
- Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission to probe recording snag, orders fresh hearing.
- Apex body of Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology to address staff regularization row.
- Police set to grill Suraj Pancholi about Jiah Khan’s 5 letters, abortion claim.
- Hubli-Dharwad Municipal Corporation begins operation clean-up of storm water drains.
Current Affairs of 13 June 2013:
- Madurai Kamaraj University launches online fee payment; to benefit 1.5 lakh students.
- US whistleblower Edward Snowden to fight extradition from Hong Kong, promises more disclosures.
- Facing low local body tax collection, Nagpur Municipal Corporation fails to garner property tax too.
- Goa government employees’ association seeks human rights commission help for GMC staffers.
Current Affairs of 14 June 2013:
- Russian Centre of Science and Culture and the International Federation of Indo-Russian Youth Clubs hosted an evening to celebrate 22nd Russian Day in Delhi.
- All Assam Students’ Union gives govt 15 days to clarify stand on SEBA reformation steps.
- Dengue handling puts health department in line of fire at zilla panchayath meet.
- Sharad Pawar becomes a Mumbaikar, perhaps with eye on MCA polls.
Current Affairs of 15 June 2013:
- 45% rise in sexual harassment cases in Mumbai, rapes up by 5%.
- National Tiger Conservation Authority mulling CBI probe into tiger poaching.
- Under pressure, Nagpur University removes blacklist of 338 colleges from website.
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Gujarat sees ‘sinister design’ in Satish Verma’s approach.
Current Affairs of 16 June 2013:
- All Assam Lawyer’s Association demands pension for lawyers above 60 years.
- Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar admits MBA students without UGC approval.
- Insurance Regulation and Development Authority likely to revise norms for bancassurance.
- Class Xth results: 100% result for 125 schools in Pune, Pimpri-Chinchwad areas.
Current Affairs of 17 June 2013:
- Assam health minister refutes Tarun Gogoi’s allegation, says he has no personal ambition.
- Gauhati Commerce College increases cutoff marks for B.Com by 2%.
- Pune Municipal Corporation helpline records 20 pothole complaints in two weeks.
- Student detects vulnerability in Indian Certificate of Secondary Education website.
Current Affairs of 18 June 2013:
- Government exploring legal action against hospital officials in HIV case: Tarun Gogoi.
- State-level panel to prevent financial bungling in Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
- SL vs Aus: Sri Lanka beat Australia by 20 runs to enter Champions Trophy semis.
- Rs 2 crore payment glitch stops treatment of AIDS patients across India.
Current Affairs of 19 June 2013:
- Uttar Pradesh: 23 districts on flood alert, over 20 killed as monsoon plays havoc.
- Shortage of ambulances and staff at Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences hamper work.
- National Democratic Front of Bodoland chief Ranjan Daimary set to walk free.
- Green revolution erupts against Mandal-Becharaji special investment region.
Current Affairs of 20 June 2013:
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, industrial body organise seminar to promote indigenization.
- Sex harassment claim rocks National University of Juridical Sciences.
- MBBS counselling for backward class candidates under revised list.
- State govt shoots down NHAI proposal to divert forests for NH-12.
Current Affairs of 21 June 2013:
- India annihilate Sri Lanka by 8 wickets; set up summit clash against England.
- NMC confident of 20% growth in revenue through LBT in current fiscal.
- Ram Jhula may be further delayed as NMC refuses to pay higher cost.
- Unpaid fuel bills hold up police vehicles, patrolling affected in Ahmedabad.
Current Affairs of 22 June 2013:
- GMCH’s forensic medicine department first in state to start medico-legal services.
- Team India needs to be wary of few pitfalls in Champions Trophy final.
- Mayor takes husband, son to Korea on study tour as NGO members.
- HC tells state to decide on setting up civic force to tackle illegal buildings.
Current Affairs of 23 June 2013:
- Varanasi Municipal Corporation’s claims of ‘smooth monsoon’ prove false.
- Only 2.23 lakh power connections in city against population of 60 lakh.
- Nitish Kumar is commander of secular forces: Diwan Syed Shah Zainul Abedin Ali Khan.
- Designs of 5,600 buildings under Patna Municipal Corporation scanner.
Current Affairs of 24 June 2013:
- Use of chemical fertilizers falls owing to high prices: Madhukar Panhale.
- All pilgrims rescued from Kedarnath, focus shifts to Badrinath and Harsil.
- From November, Indians to pay Rs 2.7 lakh bond for UK visa.
- Railways ropes in National Institute of Design to give coaches facelift.
Current Affairs of 25 June 2013:
- On PM visit eve, militants kill 8 jawans in Srinagar; Hizbul Mujahideen owns up attack.
- Corporation of the City of Panaji councillors oppose officer on special duty for mayor Furtado.
- Implement comprehensive conservation plan to avoid human-elephant conflict.
- Chidambaram says 50,000 rescued so far in Uttarakhand, many still stranded.
Current Affairs of 26 June 2013:
- Sarpanchs under zilla parishad scanner for incomplete anganwadis.
- Police announce Rs 2-lakh reward for information on Manipal gang-rape culprits.
- School students join ‘do-justice’ chorus, demand justice for Manipal rape victim.
- BJP reconstructs 2003 Mr Bantadhar slogan to win third term in MP.
Current Affairs of 27 June 2013:
- Coimbatore Medical College Hospital launches new set-up to curb stealing of babies.
- Monsoon gains momentum in Rajasthan, heavy rains likely in eastern region.
- Sawai Man Singh hospital set to become centre for bone marrow transplants.
- British Council officials visit Lady Amritabai Daga, Kavikulguru Institute of Technology and Science.
Current Affairs of 28 June 2013:
- Shankarapura jasmine gets national identity; but only exports can help farmers get better value.
- Uttarakhand chief secretary raises estimate of missing 10-fold from 350 to 3,000.
- World’s oldest genome sequenced from 700,000-yr-old horse DNA.
- HC paves way for extradition of priest wanted for sex abuse in US.
Current Affairs of 29 June 2013:
- RBI to issue new coins on 150th birth anniversary of Madan Mohan Malviya.
- Shiv Sena MLA visits plot ‘grabbed’ by MCA, BMC to respond in 7 days.
- Gopinath Munde could be in big trouble over Rs 8 crore poll spending remark.
- Indian Maritime University students sail high with solar-powered trimaran.
Current Affairs of 30 June 2013:
- Maharashtra Veterinary Council cries for more powers and government support.
- Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission okays Rs 542.11 crore FSA.
- Telangana Students Joint Action Committee to contest 2014 polls, announce party in September.
- Vidarbha Statutory Development Board to prepare report on Gadchiroli, Yavatmal.
- UP Technical University’s 19 centres for document verification, counselling in SEE.