International Airport of India: Air transport in India started in 1911, when the world’s first flight postal service was transportation from Allahabad to Naini . Since then, Air transportation has facilitated the visit of the Indian people. The point between the West and South-East Asia, as in the world in terms of air transport in this country enjoys a central location.
Important Point of Air Transport of India
- Air transport in India started in 1911 AD, When the world’s first air mail service were transported between Allahabad and Naini .
- Indian National Airways Company was established in 1953 AD. In 1953, all aeronautical Companies nationalized placed under two newly corporations: Indian Aircraft Corporation and AI.
- Indian Aircraft Corporation besides to the internal parts of the country offers its services to neighboring countries like, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Maldives .
- In 1988, “Wayudut” established” as the third corporation for domestic flights in the country, which later merged with the Indian Aircraft Corporation.
- On August 24, 2007, Air India and Indian companies in the public sector aviation Aircraft Corporation merged. Now these are both companies has been employed in the name as National Aviation Company of India. The company’s brand name is “Air India”.
- International Airports Authority of India, the country’s four major airports in Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Chennai, while the National Airport Authority manages 86 domestic airports and stripes flying civilian defense manages airports.
- The country’s four major airports are Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi and Chennai, while the National Airport Authority manages 86 domestic airports and stripes flying civilian defense manages airports.
|Name of Airport||Location||State|
|Indira Gandhi International Airport||New Delhi||Delhi|
|Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport||Mumbai||Maharashtra|
|Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport,||Kolkata||West Bengal|
|Anna International Airport||Chennai||Tamil Nadu|
|Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport||Nagpur||Maharashtra|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport||Ahmedabad||Gujarat|
|Gopinath Bardoli International Airport||Guwahati||Assam|
|Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh|
|Sri Guru Ramdas Ji International Airport||Amritsar||Punjab|
|Trivandrum International Airport||Trivandrum||Kerala|
|Calicut International Airport,||Kozhikode||Kerala|
|Sheikh International Airport Alalm||Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Rajiv Gandhi International Airport||Hyderabad||Telangana|
|Cochin International Airport||Kochi||Kerala|
|Veer Savarkar International Airport||Port Blair,||Andaman & Nicobar|
|Dabolim International Airport||Goa||Goa|
|Devi Ahilyabai Holkar International Airport||Indore||Madhya Pradesh|
|Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport||Varanasi||Uttar Pradesh|
|Mangalore International Airport||Mangalore||Karnataka|
|Jaipur International Airport||Jaipur||Rajasthan|