Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 01, 2014 major events.
- Who became the 17th Indian bowler to complete 100 wickets or more in ODIs?
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Shami Ahmed
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- Five policemen, including an SHO, were killed and three others injured in Maoists attack in-
- Madhya Pradesh
- How many percent dearness allowance (DA) rose by Indian government of Friday?
- 20 Percent
- 5 Percent
- 10 Percent
- 15 Percent
- Name the Former Delhi chief minister who summoned by a trial court as an accused in a criminal defamation case?
- Sheila Dikshit
- Arvind Kejriwal
- Sushma Swaraj
- Sahib Singh Verma
- Which Indian has enforced a ban on fuel-powered vehicles within the campus?
- Uttar Pradesh Technical University
- Mahamaya Technical University
- Sharda University
- Gautam Buddha University
- Which among the following country builds world’s largest aircraft?
- South Korea
- How many percent Indian students going to United Kingdom dipped in 2013?
- 21 Percent
- 47 Percent
- 28 Percent
- 9 Percent
- Who became the third Indian cricketer to appear in 100 ODIs in a row?
- Rohit Sharma
- Shikar Dhawan
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Virat Kohli
- Who has been has been crowned the world’s oldest living man by the Guinness Book of World Records?
- Jiroemon Kimura
- Arturo Licata
- Alexander Imich
- Jeralean Talley
- Who has been appointed as the new chairman and managing director of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency?
- K S Popli
- Mahesh Saxena
- Pawan Mishra
- Rahul Bose
Ravichandran Ashwin: Ravichandran Ashwin became the 17th Indian bowler to complete 100 wickets or more in ODIs.
Chhattisgarh: Five Chhattisgarh policemen were killed and three others injured in an attack by Maoists in Chhattisgarh on Friday.
10 Percent: The Cabinet on Friday raised dearness allowance (DA) to 100% from 90%, benefiting 50 lakh central government staff and 30 lakh pensioners.
Arvind Kejriwal: Former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal was on Friday summoned by a trial court as an accused in a criminal defamation case filed against him by BJP leader Nitin Gadkari.
Gautam Buddha University: Gautam Buddha University in Greater Noida has enforced a ban on fuel-powered vehicles within the campus.
Britain: The world’s largest operational aircraft was unveiled in Britain. The Airlander was originally developed for the US Military and is 300 feet long, said Hybrid Air Vehicles-its makers.
21 Percent: The latest migration figures released by Office of National Statistics show study visas issued to Pakistani students were down 55% in the year to December 2013, and down 21% for Indians.
Virat Kohli: Virat Kohli has appeared in 100 ODIs in a row to become the third Indian player after Sachin Tendulkar (185) and Mohammad Azharuddin (126) to achieve the feat.
Arturo Licata: A 111-year-old Italian, Arturo Licata, from Enna, Sicily, has been crowned the world’s oldest living man by the Guinness Book of World Records.
K S Popli: K S Popli has been appointed as the new chairman and managing director of Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA).