Attempt questions based on March 1, 2016 major events and build you GK online:
1. Name of Airport which is the world’s best for the second consecutive year in its category?
Indira International Gandhi Airport: Indira Gandhi International Airport located in Delhi has got the world’s best for the second consecutive year in 25-40 Million Passengers Per Annum in its category. The rankings were announced by the Airports Council International.
2. Which state recently changed name of Mustafabad city to “Saraswati Nagar”?
Haryana: Haryana government has been changed name of mustafad city to “Saraswati Nagar” on 1st March. Mustafabad has a population of over 8,500 and about 100 km from was done in view of the importance of the Saraswati river in Hindu mythology.
3. Who constituted a committee to consider Scheduled Tribe status to six Communities of Assam?
Mahesh Kumar Shukla: A committee by Mahesh Kumar Shukla constituted to consider Scheduled Tribe status to six Communities of Assam. The Committee will submit its report by 31 May 2016. Special Secretary of Ministry of Home Affairs, Mahesh Kumar Singla will be head of this committee.
4. Name of 7th chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission who recently elected?
H.L. Dattu: Former Chief Justice of India H.L. Dattu took oath as 7th chairperson of the National Human Rights Commission on 29th February 2016. His appointment announced under the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993, by the President on the recommendation of the high powered committee headed by the Prime Minister for the tenure of 5 years.
5. Which Bollywood actor honoured with an achievement award for making his mark in the film industry?
Randeeo Hooda: Bollywood actory Randeeo Hooda honoured the visiting actor with an achievement award for making his mark in the film industry. On the occasion, the 39-year-old “Main Aur Charles” actor, also shared his memories of the time he spent as an international student in the country.
6. For what, mPhone’s promotors were arrested on the day of its launch?
For allegedly duping the Bank of Baroda: Kerala’s big mPhone’s promotors were arrested on the day of its launch for allegedly duping the Bank of Baroda. The promoters Anto Augustine, 32, and Josekutty Augustine, 24, both brothers from Kalpetta in Wayanad district.
7. Name of cricket team reach into Asia Cup Final winning by 5 wickets over Sri Lanka on March 1, 2016?
India: India reaches into the final of the Asia Cup T20 tournament in Mirpur, Bangladesh on 1st March winning by five-wicket over Sri Lanka. Virat Kohli smashed an unbeaten 56.
8. Who has been appointed as the 13th principal of St Stephen’s College on March 1, 2016?
John Varghese: Former professor at Hyderabad’s English and Foreign Languages University, John Varghese took charge as the 13th principal of St Stephen’s College on March 1, 2016.
9. What is the launched by Railway Department for unreserved tickets?
Bar Code System: Railways launched bar coding system for unreserved tickets to prevent revenue leakage and bring transparency in the ticketing system. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu said bar coding of unreserved tickets, one of the rail budget 2016-17 commitments, will be launched in three stations of the city – New Delhi, Old Delhi and Nizamuddin.
10. What is the solar eclipse?
The moon moves between the earth and the sun: A full solar eclipse will occur on March 8 and 9. A full solar eclipse occurs when the moon moves between the earth and the sun and almost completely blocks the light of the sun. The Epoch Times said the eclipse will be partially viewable to folks living in Australia, East Asia and Southeast Asia and will begin at 23:19 UTC on March 8.