Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 16, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country voted a UN Security Council resolution drafted by the US declaring the referendum in Crimea invalid?
- Name the chief medical officer of Aligarh Muslim University who shot himself on Friday?
- Imran Khan
- Faisel Iqbal
- Shoiab Mirza
- Mohammad Arshad
- Which car company agreed to seek approval from minority shareholders on its investment plan in Gujarat to outsource production?
- Tata Motors
- Honda Motors
- Maruti Suzuki
- Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
- Which Indian state launched 1800 110 132 helpline to register complaints against illegal movement of cash in city ahead the Lok Sabha polls?
- Which among the following Union Minister admitted to south Delhi hospital on Saturday for treatment of a heart ailment?
- Kapil Sibal
- Mapanna Mallikarjun Kharge
- Veerappa Moily
- Manish Tewari
- Which Indian badminton player enter the semifinals of Indian Wells open 2014?
- Saina Nehwal
- PV Sindhu
- Ashwini Ponnappa
- Jwala Gutta
- At least 212 people lost their lives in a gunfight between rebels and military personnel in-
- Name the former Indian cricket captain who finished third at the annual All-India Senior’s Golf Championship?
- Kapil Dev
- Saurav Gangualy
- Anil Kumble
- Rahul Dravid
- Which university scientists develop robotic fish that can swim like real fish?
- California Institute of Technology
- University of Delhi
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Maryland
- Which Indian-American nominated as Assistant Secretary, Department of Commerce, US by president Barack Obama?
- Sidharth Malhotra
- Arun M. Kumar
- Rishi Dhawan
- Mukul Pradhan
Russia: Russia on Saturday voted a UN Security Council resolution drafted by the US declaring the referendum in Crimea invalid, even as close ally China abstained, isolating Moscow further on the Ukraine crisis.
Mohammad Arshad: Mohammad Arshad, chief medical officer of Aligarh Muslim University, shot himself on Friday. He wrote in his suicide note that he was suffering form depression.
Maruti Suzuki : Maruti Suzuki on Saturday agreed to seek approval from minority shareholders on its investment plan in Gujarat to outsource production at a new factory to its parent Suzuki After investor ire and possible legal and regulatory challenges threatened to scuttle the project.
Delhi: A helpline number 1800 110 132 was launched on Saturday in Delhi to register complaints against illegal movement of cash in city ahead the Lok Sabha polls.
Manish Tewari: Union Minister Manish Tewari was admitted to a south Delhi hospital on Saturday for treatment of a heart ailment.
PV Sindhu: Indian shuttler PV Sindhu tamed World No.2 Shixian Wang in straight games to enter the women’s singles semifinals at the $125,000 Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold at St. Jakobshalle in Basel in Switzerland.
Nigeria: At least 212 people lost their lives in a gunfight between rebels and military personnel in Nigeria on Friday, the media reported.
Kapil Dev: Former Indian cricket captain Kapil Dev finished third at the annual All-India Senior’s Golf Championship played at the Royal Calcutta Golf Club. Kapil turned in a total score of 235 over 54 holes.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Scientists of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have succeeded in developing a robotic fish that can swim completely like a real fish. The researchers have designed the robot on the basis of a new generation of machines called soft robots.
Arun M. Kumar: Indian-American Arun M. Kumar has been nominated by President Barack Obama to a key administration post, giving him charge of international trade at a critical juncture when the U.S. is looking to increase its export.