Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 17, 2014 major events.
- Who has been received the “Green Agency of the Year award” and “Campaign of the Year Award” for its “Wake up, Clean up” project?
- Piyush Pandey
- Kunal Kohli
- Javed Akhtar
- Prasoon Joshi
- How many percent voters in Ukraine’s Crimea region supported union with Russia in a referendum according to exit poll?
- 30 Percent
- 48 Percent
- 93 Percent
- 68 Percent
- According to ‘The Women in Politics Map 2014’ which country ranked 73rd in participation of women in politics with just 9.9 percent?
- Saudi Arabia
- Which among the following comedian passed away at the age of 78?
- David Brenner
- Steve Landesberg
- David Letterman
- Robert Klein
- Which Sri Lankan cricketer announces his retirement from Twenty20 Internationals after the ongoing World T20 in Bangladesh?
- Tillakaratne Dilshan
- Angelo Mathews
- Lasith Malinga
- Kumar Sangakkara
- Who has been awarded with “Green Crusader of the Year Award” for her contribution towards protection of animals?
- Neeraj Jain
- Sushma Swaraj
- Maneka Gandhi
- Rohit Gupta
- Who has been lifted the STAR Sports Vijay Hazare Trophy 2014?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Gunmen killed more than 100 people in an attack on three villages in-
- How many bronze medals won by Indians at the Asian 20km Walking Championship at Nomi, Japan on Sunday?
- Who has been won the 2014 Australian Grand Prix title?
- Nico Rosberg
- Sergio Perez
- Fernando Alonso
- Kevin Magnussen
Prasoon Joshi: Prasoon Joshi, executive chairman & CEO McCann World Group India & president-South Asia received the “Green Agency of the Year award” and “Campaign of the Year Award” for its “Wake up, Clean up” project.
93 Percent: Ninety-three per cent of voters in Ukraine’s Crimea region supported union with Russia in a referendum on Sunday, Russian state media quoted an exit poll as saying. The vote has been condemned as illegal by the West.
India: The Women in Politics Map 2014 launched by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and UN Women has ranked India 73rd in participation of women in politics with just 9.9% of parliamentary or ministerial posts being occupied by women.
David Brenner: Comedian David Brenner, who is said to hold the record for being the most frequent guest on The Tonight Show, has passed away at the age of 78.
Kumar Sangakkara: Sri Lanka’s Kumar Sangakkara will retire from Twenty20 Internationals after the ongoing World T20 in Bangladesh.
Maneka Gandhi: Maneka Gandhi, politician, animal rights activist and environmentalist was awarded” Green Crusader of the Year Award” for her contribution towards protection of animals.br>
Karnataka: Karnataka annexed a historic triple crown here at the Eden Gardens on Sunday. The Ranji and Irani Cup champion lifted the STAR Sports Vijay Hazare Trophy for the first time defeating Railways by four wickets in a low-scoring final.
Nigeria: Gunmen killed more than 100 people in an attack on three villages in central Nigeria, an area where longstanding disputes over land, religion and ethnicity often erupt into violence.
Two:India’s Gurmeet Singh and Khusbir Kaur won bronze medals at the Asian 20km Walking Championship at Nomi, Japan, on Sunday. Khusbir broke her own national record of 1:34.28, set at the Moscow World Championships last year, with a time of 1:33.37.
Nico Rosberg: Nico Rosberg proved that Mercedes are the class of the field in the early stages of the new Formula One world championship with a runaway victory in Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix. It was the fourth win of his career.