Current Affairs of March 2009 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of March 2009. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking & all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 March 2009
- BJP pushes agenda from anti-terror platform.
- President rejects CEC advice, Navin Chawla stays.
- O’Neal turns back time, scores 45 points in Suns win.
- IIT Kanpur to host IIT Rajasthan for yet another year.
- Indian Pilots’ Guild gets back lost recognition.
Current Affairs of 02 March 2009
- MCI asks GMC Jammu to stop admission of MD students.
- Rupee falls to record low of 51.76/dollar.
- La Liga: Title race blown wide open as Barca lose thriller.
- Sonia: we ‘forced’ Pak to admit 26/11 truth.
- Ajit Singh-led RLD joins hands with BJP.
Current Affairs of 03 March 2009
- Oil spikes above USD 40 per barrel.
- Priyanka gives ‘winning tips’ to party workers in Amethi.
- Four govt agencies to work in tandem to combat biomedical waste menace.
- AMTS to terminate services of 30 private buses today.
Current Affairs of 04 March 2009
- IIT-K begins course on metallurgy.
- SP, RLD, BJP leaders join ruling BSP in Uttar Pradesh.
- ONGC’s realisation on crude sale at $45 in Quarter 4.
- World War II flying ace gets out of jail after 8 years.
Current Affairs of 05 March 2009
- United babysteps away from 3rd straight EPL title.
- BJP set to announce candidates for Delhi LS seats.
- ‘Indo-US tie yet to reach auto-pilot mode’.
- Supreme Court stays Andhra HC order on FIR against ‘killer’ cops.
Current Affairs of 06 March 2009
- Checks and balance: AMTS buses to be fitted with speed governors.
- BMW case: HC grants interim bail to Nanda.
- IPL is on with new schedule; no reduction in matches.
- Sri Lanka to open safe passage for civilians.
Current Affairs of 07 March 2009
- BJP to set up aviation cell for swift movement of party’s campaigners.
- CPM central committee meeting begins in Delhi.
- Pakistan gives $1.5 mn to UN for probing Benazir murder.
- ICC Women’s WC: India thrash Pakistan by 10 wickets.
- Orissa: for bigger LS pie, BJP ready to cut Assembly share.
Current Affairs of 08 March 2009
- T20 World Cup organisers to re-assess security post-Lahore.
- 26/11 accused want chargesheet in Urdu.
- Report: Tobacco drains $500 billion from global economy per year.
- British government may get 77 pc Lloyds stake in asset deal.
Current Affairs of 09 March 2009
- Rahul Gandhi to be star campaigner in Haryana.
- 2,000 AK-47 rifles but no bullets to fire.
- Irked with NCP, Cong begins candidate selection in Maha.
- Women just 7.53% of Central Govt workforce.
- PCB vows to host World Cup despite boycott call.
Current Affairs of 10 March 2009
- FICCI Report: 60% fall in Indo-Pak trade post 26/11.
- HPPSC destroys records despite a pending petition under RTI Act.
- CISF commandos to protect Indian diplomats in Pakistan.
- ICC to discuss mini World Cup’s fate in Sri Lanka.
Current Affairs of 11 March 2009
- Board asks DEOs to shuffle examiners to curb copying cases.
- Obama unlikely to mediate on Kashmir: US Congress report.
- US birds go hungry as Indian seeds get pricey.
- For security review, NSG joins team to visit missions in Kabul, Dhaka, Colombo.
- MMS case: CFSL report says clip not forged.
Current Affairs of 12 March 2009
- 2 IM terror suspects sent to 5-day police custody.
- Philippines ask ITF to shift Davis Cup tie from Pakistan
- United Nations: World population will hit 7 bn in 2012.
Current Affairs of 13 March 2009
- BJP set to announce candidates for Delhi.
- Pak protest: Authorities block highways leading to capital.
- US Senator wants bill to discourage outsourcing.
- Pak’s tour to Bangladesh hangs in balance.
- 269 players to play in IPL 2; KKR carries the biggest squad.
Current Affairs of 14 March 2009
- Satyam Scam: CID (Crime) books 12 people for cheating.
- Jammu and Kashmir High Courts asks Army to compensate for dead porters.
- IIM-A students join hands with ATS to create awareness on terror.
- BJP struggling in K’taka, but confident of win.
- World Bank proposes forex use to tide over recession.
Current Affairs of 15 March 2009
- UN in talks with Satyam for contract termination.
- FSFM-ASM to give training for industries.
- Madoffs’ $823-mn life of luxury.
- CEPT to introduce two e-courses this April.
- Western Railway’s new technology to monitor rakes 24×7.
Current Affairs of 16 March 2009
- Modi alleges misappropriation of Rs 50,000 cr by UPA govt.
- Modi, Pawar mock each other on campaign trail.
- Govt-IPL meeting on new schedule likely on Monday.
- HCL bags $350 mn Readers’ Digest deal.
Current Affairs of 17 March 2009
- US clears record $2.1 bn arms sale to India.
- Rupee appreciates to 51.30 against dollar.
- US clears record $2.1 bn arms sale to India.
- Indian eves lose to New Zealand in World Cup.
- Model violation: Left’s Rs 25,000-rain cheque.
Current Affairs of 18 March 2009
- Congress strikes back at RJD, finalise deal with JMM.
- EC slaps notices on Varun, BJP; suspends 2 officials.
- Pubs beware! Sri Ram Sene to now ‘work’ in Goa.
Current Affairs of 19 March 2009
- BSP banking on social engineering to woo voters.
- Hackers attack CPM site before launch.
- Divided EC united in strong reply to Varun’s speech.
- Govt places orders for 2,500 DTC buses for Games.
- 60-yr-old held in Mumbai for raping daughter over 9 years.
Current Affairs of 20 March 2009
- L&T likely to submit EoI for Satyam today.
- Varun Gandhi’s lawyer files reply to Election Commission notice
- India tighten the noose around New Zealand
- Anil Kapoor to play counter-terrorist cop in US TV show ‘24’
Current Affairs of 21 March 2009
- Class XII student dies, 3 injured on way to Board examination.
- Probe against MLA handed over to anti-corruption unit.
- OBCs, Patidars dominate BJP list of candidates in Gujarat.
- Implementation of RTI Act not on right track in Gujarat.
- Advani backer Bhagwat is new RSS Chief, Joshi new GS.
Current Affairs of 22 March 2009
- Alumni take SRCC-Stephen’s fight to the masses.
- SSG Hospital gets serious about proper disposal of biomedical waste.
- BJD talks with NCP, Left stuck, its MP joins BJP.
- RSS names Mohan Bhagwat its new chief.
Current Affairs of 23 March 2009
- L&T, Spice shortlisted for Satyam bidding.
- Sania slips to 100 in singles, 87 in doubles.
- GNLU to host first international moot court competition.
- Report: US to appoint Afghan PM to undermine Karzai
- 2002 train carnage case still not shifted to Godhra court.
Current Affairs of 24 March 2009
- 10% of party candidates have criminal background: Study.
- PM accuses BJP of dividing people on communal agenda.
- Rupee appreciates to 50.22 against dollar.
- NCP-Sena pitted against each other in 13 seats.
- Bollywood smiles after IPL moves out of India.
Current Affairs of 25 March 2009
- SP, BSP take e-mail route to reach out to voters.
- Satyam defers joining dates of 9,000 freshers.
- 26/11: FBI team arrives to finalise own chargesheet.
Current Affairs of 26 March 2009
- IBM to cut 5,000 jobs in US; India to benefit.
- US to go to UN if North Korea launches missile: Clinton.
- DoCoMo completes Tata Tele stake buy.
- Rupee appreciates to 50.63 against dollar.
- IT dept moves Supreme Court against Big B in tax waiver case.
Current Affairs of 27 March 2009
- Varun Gandhi may court arrest in Pilibhit today.
- Junior NTR hurt, TDP campaign suffers setback.
- 2002 riots case: Gujarat minister Mayaben resigns after bail cancelled.
Current Affairs of 28 March 2009
- Napier Test: India follow on, trail by 267 runs at close on Day 3.
- BJP downplaying Varun’s arrest, Cong dubbing it as tamasha.
- Crisis in mind, PM urges India Inc to be sensitive.
- US: Appropriate action if actionable intelligence against Osama.
Current Affairs of 29 March 2009
- Napier Test: India trail by 62 runs at close on Day 4.
- PMK-boosted Jayalalithaa says there is no Third Front.
- Anurag Kashyap, John Abraham team up for ‘Bombay Velvet’.
- Window on Pak Press: Pak rejects US revelation of ISI-Al Qaeda link.
Current Affairs of 30 March 2009
- Asif Ali Zardari clears proposal to end Governor’s Rule in Punjab.
- US ready to strike ‘high-value’ targets within Pakistan.
- Lawyer appointed for Kasab, trial to begin on April 6.
- NSA against Varun is ‘misuse of a serious law’: Maneka.
Current Affairs of 31 March 2009
- BCCI doles out money to keep IPL owners happy.
- Indian kills 6 of his family in US town after quarrel.
- IMF approves $846m loan disbursements to Pakistan.
- Kasab’s lawyer contemplating withdrawal from case.
- Multi-purpose wonder pill to help people with heart condition.