Current Affairs of March 2010 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of March 2010. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking & all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 March 2010
- 26/11: Pak court fixes March 6 for next hearing.
- Problems can be solved if Pakistan takes a more reasonable attitude.
- Petition challenging Zardari’s continuation as president dismissed.
- India, Saudi Arabia affirm commitment to improve ties.
Current Affairs of 02 March 2010
- Nissan Motor unveils global compact car Micra at Geneva show.
- Muslim scholar issues ‘fatwa’ condemning al-Qaeda terrorism.
- Shammi Kapoor not good for any Padma; Paes denied Padma Bhushan.
Current Affairs of 03 March 2010
- Long tenures of IOA NSF office-bearers worries Sports Ministry.
- Autonomous computer framework could keep soldiers safer in war zones.
- Bodies of two more students recovered, Annamalai University closed indefinitely.
- TANSI crafts Rs.9-crore worth of furniture for the new Assembly.
- SIT Special Public Prosecutor, deputy pull out of Gulberg Society case.
Current Affairs of 04 March 2010
- Keep non-trade issues out of FTA, FICCI tells EU.
- Ensure Pakistan does not use military aid against us: India.
- Missing Indian toddler feared killed, say Melbourne police.
Current Affairs of 05 March 2010
- Women, children among 63 killed in stampede in Uttar Pradesh.
- Govt. to give Rs. 12,000 crore in cash to fuel retailers.
- SEBI to further probe insider trading charges in RPL shares.
Current Affairs of 06 March 2010
- Parents allowed to see Gurshan’s body at Melbourne morgue.
- Stampede: Rajnath defends Maharaj, targets Mayawati.
- BJP slams Mayawati over compensation for stampede victims.
Current Affairs of 07 March 2010
- Test-firing of GSLV core stage halted at 150 seconds.
- Australia to make use of Indian Diaspora services.
- New industrial corridor and Rail coach factory will industrialise Palakkad.
Current Affairs of 08 March 2010
- Sri Lanka Army completes summary of evidence against Fonseka.
- Dutch bishop calls for sex abuse probe.
- Myanmar enacts election laws, but no date for poll.
- UNDP: Asia Pacific region has one of the world’s worst gender gaps.
- Deemed university: Supreme Court asks Centre to put reports online.
Current Affairs of 09 March 2010
- Indian-origin woman found dead near Chicago.
- High Court declines to put off IPL schedule.
- Pratibha Patil presents ’President Standards’ awards to IAF units.
- India decides to formally back Climate Change Accord.
Current Affairs of 10 March 2010
- Supertech’s huge outlay on housing projects
- Thermax-Babcock venture to make supercritical boilers
- Congress gives credit to Sonia for passage of women’s Bill
- Sukna land scam: Armed Forces Tribunal refuses interim relief to Gen. Rath
Current Affairs of 11 March 2010
- ICCR signs MoU with Colombo Univ. for Visiting Chair
- State-of-the-art Secretariat draws on Tamil Nadu’s democratic traditions
- India needs real time decision support system to nab criminals: Chidambaram
- Face-off between government and RJD, SP over suspension.
Current Affairs of 12 March 2010
- Higher industrial output to help India achieve 7.2 p.c. GDP: Pranab.
- ISI supports LeT, other terror outfits in Pak: Chidambaram.
- Supreme Court Grant permanent commission for women in defence services.
- SIT summons former BJP General Secretary for 2002 riots case.
Current Affairs of 13 March 2010
- Average domestic salary at IIM-A placements at nearly 15 lakh.
- IIM-C sees 20 per cent rise in average offers.
- Pakistan Navy test fires missiles in Arabian Sea manoeuvres.
- Nitin Gadkari to declare BJP national executive on March 16.
Current Affairs of 14 March 2010
- Mulayam fears male representation will dwindle in Parliament.
- Chinese Premier hits back at Copenhagen criticism.
- PCB to appear before Senate standing committee on sports.
- CBI may approach Supreme Court on Sohrabuddin case again.
- Gender concerns are only on the periphery, says ILO study.
Current Affairs of 15 March 2010
- Court may consider plea to recall order referring Zakia complaint to SIT.
- Eight hurt in India-Bangladesh border gunfight.
- US lawmaker: Lashkar has 320 global targets, 20 in India.
- Saudi Arabia not to influence China on Iran.
Current Affairs of 16 March 2010
- UK clashes with France on hedge fund rules.
- US envoy cancels Middle East trip amid US-Israel feud.
- Bru/Reang refugee camp gutted, 1800 people homeless in Tripura.
- Court to hear Lt. General’s plea in Sukna scam on March 29.
Current Affairs of 17 March 2010
- Feasibility study on Indo-Australian FTA to be finalised by April.
- India will be a dominant player in South Asia, Middle East.
- Neuro-surgery department worst affected due to attrition at AIIMS.
- Renault Nisaan Allaince eyes India as part of global strategy.
Current Affairs of 18 March 2010
- Tata Teleservices to repay debt, fuel GSM from tower sale proceeds
- India Inc raises Rs. 23,730 crore via IPO in April-January: SEBI.
- Australian carjack suspect who escaped from hospital captured.
Current Affairs of 19 March 2010
- Dalmia Cement (Bharat) restructures operations.
- Clinton says pact with Russia near on nukes.
- Javed Akhtar, Mani Shankar Aiyar nominated to Rajya Sabha.
- Chidambaram to visit Britain to discuss anti-terror cooperation.
Current Affairs of 20 March 2010
- 76% of militants killed in Kashmir in 2 years are foreigners.
- Article 136 only a discretionary remedy, says Supreme Court.
- Indian envoy to Sri Lanka visits relief camps.
Current Affairs of 21 March 2010
- Award for Russian mathematician for solving Poincaré Conjecture.
- British Airways cabin crews strike for second day.
- China rejects U.S. sanctions threat.
- China set to export trains for Mumbai Metro Rail project.
- Chawla wants statute change to protect ECs from removal.
Current Affairs of 22 March 2010
- Punjab industrialists fume over 58-hour weekly power-cut.
- India ready with text of convention against international terrorism.
- India-born doctor pleads not guilty in Australian court.
Current Affairs of 23 March 2010
- ‘Singapore has much to offer in developing SEZs in India’.
- Census to compare behaviour of Sunderbans, terrestrial tigers.
- Chinese vice premier in India for talks on agriculture, environment.
Current Affairs of 24 March 2010
- Decks cleared for construction of mega road projects.
- Congress for quota for minorities as per Ranganath Misra report.
- UK government not justified in denying guarantee to Tata Motors’.
- Mentioning caste in answer sheets compulsory in Bihar district.
Current Affairs of 25 March 2010
- Amitabh’s presence at Mumbai function a closed issue: Congress
- N. Ram to sue Indian Express and Financial Express writer, Editor-in-Chief, and Publisher for defamation
- Maoists blast under-construction police building in Bihar
- Another boat carrying asylum seekers intercepted in Australia
Current Affairs of 26 March 2010
- Social Sciences can shed light on climate change: Judith Rees
- CPI (M) plans to move cut motion on Finance Bill
Current Affairs of 27 March 2010
- BJP candidate complains on duplicate voters.
- State Government contests charge of Congress on JNNURM projects.
- Modi appears before SIT, says it is a fitting reply to critics.
- Manmohan expresses concern over the huge backlog of cases.
Current Affairs of 28 March 2010
- Sharmila walks the ramp with 92-year-old SEWA artisan.
- 123 trapped in flooded coal mine in northern China.
- Islam Siddiqui appointed U.S. chief Agriculture Negotiator.
- Gates Foundation to go all out to reduce child deaths in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar.
Current Affairs of 29 March 2010
- Insecure attachment with mother affects behaviour of boys.
- Ranbaxy signs pact with US firm for developing biosimilars.
- Air India to pay Rs 50,000 compensation for flight delay.
- Obama vows to deny al-Qaeda safe haven in Afghanistan.
Current Affairs of 30 March 2010
- Royal Bank of Scotland fined 28.59 mn pounds for competition law breach.
- Bharti to launch 3G services by year-end.
- Wipro expands operations in Australia, opens development centre.
- Indian dentist in Australia shares her struggle in short video.
- Exhibition of contemporary tribal art from India opens on note of controversy.
Current Affairs of 31 March 2010
- US aircraft crashes in Gulf, search on for missing crew member
- Govt. working on steps to rescue kidnapped Indian sailors
- India rejects bid to include caste in U.N. norms for racial bias