Current Affairs of March 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of March 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 March 2011
- DJ Rakesh set the tone for the fun-filled bash at Pune lounge.
- Municipal Corporation presents Rs 812 cr budget.
- The powerplay debate stretches across the Indian Ocean.
- Maya slams 2011 Budget, terms it anti-people.
- Reduced prices of electronic goods bring cheer, gold, silver prices disappoint.
Current Affairs of 02 March 2011
- VNIT’s annual fest- Aarohi presented in association with Nagpur Times.
- LS MPs to govt: Bring back Indians languishing in foreign jails.
- Maharashtra will spend Rs 20 crore to hire dredgers for creeks’ clean up.
Current Affairs of 03 March 2011
- Mala and Sangeeta organized a spring themed bash for their fellow club members in Kanpur.
- Nagpur’s bigiwigs grace the wedding of the daughter of Shobha and Sunil Raisoni, Shraddha with Aditya Surana in Indore.
- 33.5 kg ketamine worth Rs 3.35 cr seized at Chennai port.
- CMs want complete ban on futures trading in essential commodities.
Current Affairs of 04 March 2011
- PMPML driver on phone, gets Rs 1,000 for posting photo of using cellphone while driving.
- A fun farewell bash organised by the Archi Society of Priyadarshini Institute of Architecture and Design Studies in Nagpur.
- World Cup: Zimbabwe draw inspiration from Irish uprising against New Zealand.
- 50 years of Presidency University’s political science department.
Current Affairs of 05 March 2011
- Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2010, Manasvi Mamgai flagged off Hero Cycles India Cyclothon in Pune.
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Saturday offers Lankans a chance of redemption.
- 2G scam: Raja may be charged with endangering national security.
- World Cup: Windies win by 9 wickets as Bangladesh skittled out for 58.
- Mukesh shoots a rare albatross, Das leads PGTI Players’ Championship.
Current Affairs of 06 March 2011
- World Cup: Bangladesh reach Chittagong with tight security.
- Ex-CJI kin bought Rs 2 crore worth property in 5 years.
- CCP polls: Customs and central excise asked not to transfer its employee from Margao.
Current Affairs of 07 March 2011
- Missing Class XI student was strangled to death.
- KNMK to reconsider tie-up if Congress not a part of DMK front.
- 29-year-old man dies after fall from coconut tree at Vasco.
- 2G scam: CBI may soon question Kanimozhi, Raja’s wife.
Current Affairs of 08 March 2011
- UDRS creates confusion and uncertainty
- ASI, constable suspended for accepting bribe in court premises
- 15 flights on hold at Kolkata aiport as radar screen flickers
Current Affairs of 09 March 2011
- Irate Samajwadi Party men block traffic, lock CMO’s office.
- CAT seeks papers on cop who took on Hasan Ali.
- Greens slam lopsided tree plantation on Ngp-Chanda state highway.
- Student sustains fracture after thrashed by teacher Student sustains fracture.
- I-T sleuths find more foreign accounts linked to Hasan Ali.
Current Affairs of 10 March 2011
- Revellers end party, usher in season of Lent lenten austerity begins with ash Wednesday.
- Tax demand on Hasan Ali and associates pegged at Rs 71,845 crore.
- UP should have dedicated staff to monitor, implement MGNREGS’.
- MACT puts onus on driver, gives Rs 5 lakhs as damages to victim’s family.
Current Affairs of 11 March 2011
- 66 of 250 screened at World Kidney Day camp have high blood sugar.
- Jayalalithaa signs deal with Sarat, allots two seats for his party.
- Met office forecast 38 degrees in 3 days, independent observer forecast 40 degrees.
- SL vs Zim: Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 139 runs to enter quarterfinals.
- 50% quota nod will put men on backfoot.
Current Affairs of 12 March 2011
- CBSE’s new courses set stage for students’ career dreams.
- Ind vs SA: India gear up for tough South Africa challenge.
- Kolkata Police to use helicopter for security during World Cup matches.
- Accident tribunal pays Rs 8.5 lakh to dead cyclist’s family as compensation.
Current Affairs of 13 March 2011
- Sashi Tharoor, Prahlad Kakkar shared their views on leadership at Mirchi Guruz event organised by Rama Group in Pune.
- UGC grants SGGSC 11 research projects.
- 40ft to 60ft: Repeat road widening leaves residents fuming.
- Ex-IAS babu while in MoEF panel ‘connects’ to Kakarapalli power plant.
Current Affairs of 14 March 2011
- Students attend Dr. Shashi Tharoor’s lecture on ‘India and the world challenges.
- for 21st Century’ at Vasantrao Despande Hall in Nagpur.
- PMO meet to review policy on non-communicable diseases.
- India has inked $50bn def deals since Kargil.
- D-Street looks for new growth leaders in consumerist India.
Current Affairs of 15 March 2011
- As Japan horror unfolds, safety fears cloud up nuclear sunrise.
- JK govt sanctions Rs 5 crore for 102 killed in Kashmir unrest.
- Shopkeeper fined Rs 25K for giving goods in plastic bags.
- Google features 80th anniversary of India’s first talkie ‘Alam Ara’.
Current Affairs of 16 March 2011
- 20 years, 92 quakes: Ground trembles beneath Jaitapur’s feet.
- Simi, Sharmila to compete in 11th leg of Hero Honda Professional Golf Tour.
- Govt decides to pay deputation allowance to IAS, IPS officers.
- Govt to set up 10 metropolitan courts, hundred new fast-track courts to speed up trials.
Current Affairs of 17 March 2011
- Bogus company visits PU, offers PR job to 10 students.
- 25 of 61 pirates arrested by Navy at sea are children below 15 years.
- 600 more MBBS seats in AIIMS-like institutes.
- Sadiq Batcha had links with hawala operators in Dubai.
Current Affairs of 18 March 2011
- Fire in manufacturing unit at Rahatni in Pimpri-Chinchwad.
- Societies with over 80 flats may have to set up STPs.
- 16 abducted baby girls rescued from brothels in MP.
- Pranab dares BJP, Left to move court on cash-for-votes leaks.
- Eng vs WI: England beat West Indies by 18 runs to stay afloat in World Cup.
Current Affairs of 19 March 2011
- NSCN(K) militant found dead, Army official goes missing.
- 11-yr-old Rajkot boy scores full marks in Microsoft exam.
- AITA Super Series tennis tournament begins at CLTA.
- Sheila admits demand-supply gap, Govt working on reforms.
Current Affairs of 20 March 2011
- Bookies face manpower problems due to Holi, may skip Ind-WI tie.
- Launch of a high profile avant-garde furniture and accessories showroom of a Danish brand in Ahmedabad.
- GMSSS-16 distributes 80 forms, GMSSS-46 gives out none.
- India vs West Indies: Sehwag’s injury a worry as India take on Windies.
- Fund blockage leaves 55000 students without desks for four years: CAG
Current Affairs of 21 March 2011
- Enrolment in primary schools plunges 2.6 million in 2 years.
- Sachin Tendulkar puts integrity above quest for 100th ton.
- Enrolment in primary schools plunges 2.6 million in 2 years.
- 80% applicants don’t take the driving test’No driving test for most applicants at RTO.
- Six terrorists had slipped into Mumbai to strike during World Cup.
Current Affairs of 22 March 2011
- Jaitapur activists challenge arrests in HCJaitapur activists move high court over arrests.
- ET: IT cos see 5% rise in pricing on higher salary.
- Container pile-up at Chennai port continues; over 20,000 uncleared.
- IT industry to pay commercial rates for power from March 31.
- Obama favours Gaddafi’s ouster, says NATO to coordinate next phase of action.
Current Affairs of 23 March 2011
- Yet another farewell bash hosted by the IT department students of Priyadarshini College of Engineering and Architecture in Nagpur.
- Man gets six months’ imprisonment for beating up PMPML bus conductor.
- Delhi budget: Diesel vehicles to cost more, free healthcare for 27L kids.
Current Affairs of 24 March 2011
- Peons, security-men get lucky in GU draw for coveted tickets for quarter final cricket match.
- 4 crore cable, DTH subscribers may feel pinch of copyright tax.
- Reply to RTI pleas promptly and correctly, PCMC employees told.
- Cong cadres sore over omissions in list, burn effigy of TNCC chief C D S Mani.
Current Affairs of 25 March 2011
- Avichal Kapur and wife Ruchi hosted a Holi milan for the chartered accountants in Lucknow.
- Ind vs Aus: Yuvraj, Sachin, Raina help Men in Blue avenge 2003 humiliation.
- Nine months on, AP government yet to pay Saina’s 25-lakh.
- India vs Pakistan: Ponting predicts India will beat Pakistan in the semifinals.
- English bridges gap: Teach India helps them land job, get promotion.
Current Affairs of 26 March 2011
- Royal folks of the City Palace had a had a gala bash on Holi organised in the gardens of the palace in Jaipur.
- Commonwealth Games: Shunglu panel lays blame at CM, L-G’s door.
- SA vs NZ: Oram, Ryder help Kiwis book berth in World Cup semis.
- Cricket diplomacy back: PM invites Gilani, Zardari for Mohali match.
- New MGNREGA social audit norms to make them independent.
Current Affairs of 27 March 2011
- SL vs Eng: Tharanga, Dilshan slam centuries as Sri Lanka humble England.
- Lucknow Municipal Corporation seals 6 shops, nationalised bank.
- Gurgaon to ban supply of construction materials to colonies near IAF depot.
- Infighting in NCP forces Pusad MC chief to resign.
- Indo-Tibetan society to strengthen friendship between the two states.
Current Affairs of 28 March 2011
- IAF on call at Fortress Mohali for India-Pak World Cup semifinal.
- Rs 8.6 cr combined court complex in Alandur ready to open.
- Universalization of food security law may take a hit, shows survey.
- Vashi conman promises meeting with NCW chief, dupes 77-yr-old.
Current Affairs of 29 March 2011
- Upma and Vinayjit Lal Varma organized a grand bash for their son Kunal Varma on his 16th birthday
- Framed in rape case, man seeks Rs 4.5cr damages.
- City neighbourhoods to resound with battle between neighbours
- Ind vs Pak: India, Pakistan get ready for showdown with dew respect.
- Mohali World Cup clash: Army, missiles brought in, Sonia coming to back PM.
Current Affairs of 30 March 2011
- Nagpurians enjoys classical music at the musical programme ‘Bhairav Se Bhairavi Tak’ organised by Academy of Medical Sciences.
- A fashionable farewell bash of electrical department of the YCCE College in Nagpur.
- Main focus of F&CC meet was on sanctioning works of operation and maintenance cell.
- Education dept awards mid-day meal contract to ISKCON.
Current Affairs of 31 March 2011
- Farewell party organized for BSc- IT department of the Sadabai Raisoni College.
- Members of Radio Mirchi FM had a blast at a rain dance party cum Holi celebrations organised in Kanpur.
- Ministry of environment tells HC it accepts expert panel report on Lavasa.
- Coastal eco-disaster: State’s saline area increases by 15%.