Current Affairs of March 2013 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of March 2013. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 March 2013:
- NASA discovered third radiation belt circling earth.
- GDP growth declines to 4.5% in Quarter 3.
- Anurag G Thapliyal appointed as new Coast Guard chief.
- Mubarak Gul appointed as new speaker of Legislative Assembly.
- Union Budget 2013: No change in income tax slabs or rates, 10% surcharge on super-rich.
- Bruce Reynolds mastermind behind UK’s Great Train Robbery dies at 81.
- Akali Dal wins Punjab by election.
Current Affairs of 02 March 2013:
- Car bomb kills at least 22 in Iraqi capital.
- Mukul Sangma elected as CLP leader.
- Vijitah Bhandara wins NCR Cup.
- Anil Ananthaswamy conferred with Physics Journalism Prize.
- Antarctica Team Finds Largest Chondrite Meteorite in Past 25 Years.
- Petrol price up by Rs.1.40 a litre.
Current Affairs of 03 March 2013:
- Urvinder Pal Singh Madan appointed as new commissioner of MMRDA.
- Non-subsidised LPG rates cut by Rs 37.50 per cylinder.
- IRCTC books record over 5 lakh rail e-tickets on single day.
- Novak Djokovic win 4th Dubai Championships beat Tomas Berdych in the final.
- West Indies defeat Zimbabwe by 8 wickets in T20 internationals.
Current Affairs of 04 March 2013:
- 26 people dead in Ongoing Sabah Siege in Malaysia.
- Brett Lee appointed as new Kolkata Knight Riders bowling mentor.
- West Indies beat Zimbabwe by 41 runs in 2nd T20.
- Unmukt Chand smashes ton as Delhi clinch Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- Services beat Kerala to win 67th santosh trophy title.
Current Affairs of 05 March 2013:
- K.K.Saberwal appointed new director (Finance) of the DMRC.
- Hind Copper CMD Conferred With Global HR Excellence Award.
- Veena Swarup conferred with Women Super Achievers Award.
- Anurag G Thapliyal appointed new Director General of Indian Coast Guard.
Current Affairs of 06 March 2013:
- Pinaki Chandra Ghose appointed as new Suprme Court judge.
- Tony Fernandes appointed new CEO of Air Asia India.
- Varun Gandhi gets a clean chit in 2009 hate speech case.
- India beat Australia by innings and 135 runs to take 2-0 series lead.
- Scientists developed Locust-inspired collision sensors to prevent car crashes.
- Airtel launches free roaming scheme in 5 states.
Current Affairs of 07 March 2013:
- Scientists develop a breath test that could detect stomach cancers.
- Sri Lankan batsman Thilan Samaraweera retires from international cricket.
- Somdev crashes out of Indian Wells Masters Tournament.
- New Delhi to host Junior Hockey World Cup from Dec 6-15.
- C.B.S.E introduce human rights and gender studies elective course in Class XI.
Current Affairs of 08 March 2013:
- Eshwarappa resinged as Karnataka BJP President Post.
- Deborah wins bronze medal in Asian Cycling Championships.
- Smriti Mehra clinches second Hero Women’s pro golf tour title.
- India’s Industrial production likely rose to 1.2% in January.
Current Affairs of 09 March 2013:
- BlackBerry India managing director Sunil Dutt resigns.
- 15 killed and 24 injured in Jammu and Kashmir bus accident.
- Delhi gang-rape victim honoured with Rani Laxmi Bai award.
- Dr. V. Shanta conferred with Awaiyar Award 2013.
- Scientists have found that Nanoparticles loaded with bee venom kill HIV.
Current Affairs of 10 March 2013:
- Uhuru Kenyatta elected new president of keneya.
- Saina Nehwal crashes out of the All England Championships.
- Lava launched Etab Connect 7-inch 3G voice-calling tablet at just Rs. 9,499.
- Delhi University admissions for business courses start from April 1.
Current Affairs of 11 March 2013:
- Nelson Mandela discharged from hospital.
- Ravindra Rai appointed as new Jharkhand BJP chief.
- Issa Hayatou re-elected president of Confederation of African Football.
- Times Group MD Vineet Jain conferred with Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
- Tine Baun becomes oldest player to win All-England Women’s title.
Current Affairs of 12 March 2013:
- Jagdish Kumar appointed new director of IPGCL.
- Sanjiv Kumar Gupta appointed new Director of Hindustan Prefab Limited.
- NTPCL has win conferred with Best HR Strategy Award.
- Car sales lowest in 12 years,truck sale down 35%.
Current Affairs of 13 March 2013:
- Ralph Waters appointed as new Chairman of ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
- Legendary painter Ganesh Pyne passes away.
- Usain Bolt, Ennis bags World Sportswoman of the Year Awards.
Current Affairs of 14 March 2013:
- Sundar Pichai appointed new chief of Google’s Chrome.
- RoshanWarjri elected Meghalaya’s first woman home minister.
- Xi Jinping elected new president of China.
- 200 Bihar students disqualified for cheating in class 10 board exams.
Current Affairs of 15 March 2013:
- Bharti Airtel slapped Rs. 350 crore fine by telecom department over 3G roaming.
- Xu Dejun appointed as new CEO of ZTE India.
- Kenichi Ayukawa appointed as new MD & CEO of Maruti Suzuki.
- West Indies beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets in the first test.
Current Affairs of 16 March 2013:
- Odisha law minister resigns after dowry allegations.
- Anji Reddy, founder of Dr Reddy’s Laboratories dies at 72.
- Oil companies cut petrol prices by Rs. 2 per litre.
- Saina Nehwal reach the into the quarterfinals of the Swiss Open.
Current Affairs of 17 March 2013:
- Shahi Imam snaps ties with SP.
- TVS marketing head quits.
- BSNL’s source spam topped in the list of global study.
- Shikhar Dhawan Made World record against Australia in Mohali Test.
Current Affairs of 18 March 2013:
- Mobile app for Metro info.
- Goa CM takes on SC over mining ban.
- Ex-army chief is Israels new defence minister.
- Resurgent Nadal in Indian Wells final.
Current Affairs of 19 March 2013:
- Rangana Herath grabbed three wickets of the second and final Test.
- 10-year ban At Bangladesh umpire for fixing.
- Bihar’s 1,600 students caught cheating in exams.
- 60th national film awards Paan Singh Tomar top prize best film.
- Entry fee at zoo doubled from April 1.
Current Affairs of 20 March 2013:
- Gaganjeet Bhullar is now the top Indian golfer in world rankings.
- Retired IAS officer Prabhat C Chaturvedi is new TTFI president.
- Goa-Mumbai private tourist bus falls off bridge 37 killed.
- The IGI Airport Found Seven Gold Biscuits In A Toilet.
Current Affairs of 21 March 2013:
- ICC has rejected the Pakistan Cricket Board’s DRS reservations during SA series.
- Bangladesh Prez dies in Singapore hospital at 85.
- Karnataka polls on May 5, results 3 days later.
- Delhi-bound Kingfisher Airlines flight has a close shave.
- India tests 290-km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile from underwater.
- Govt OKs 5.82 Percent SAIL stake sale.
Current Affairs of 22 March 2013:
- 33 Get Life Terms For 1993 Blasts That Killed 257.
- Pietro Mennea, former 200 metre world record holder, dies at 60.
- Joe Polchinski is announced a Laureate of the 2013 Physics Frontier Prize.
- Pierre Deligne wins Norway’s $1 million Abel math prize.
- Scientists discovered a Cell therapy may help fight leukaemia.
Current Affairs of 23 March 2013:
- Bomb blast in Balochistan market killed 8 people and 40 injured.
- China Pips Japan To Become Second Biggest Film Market.
- Lebanon’s Prime Minister Najib Mikati resigns.
- Chinua Achebe, Author of ‘Things Fall Apart’, Dies at 82.
- Diesel price rises again, to cost 45 paise more per litre.
- Government approves 12 FDI proposals worth Rs.2,609 crore.
Current Affairs of 24 March 2013:
- Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari quits as chairman of PPP.
- Sri Lanka beat Bangladesh by 8 wickets in 1st ODI.
- Nathan lyon takes 5 wickets, India takes 4 runs lead on day 2.
- Delhi University executive council to discuss retro fee cut.
Current Affairs of 25 March 2013:
- Sajjan Singh Kothari appointed as new Rajasthan Lokayukta.
- Mir Hazar Khan Khoso appionted Pakistan’s caretaker Prime Minister.
- Metro trains to operate only after 2pm on Holi.
- Navneet Kaur Dhillon wins Femina Miss India 2013.
- Amitabh Bachchan conferred with Andhra state awards.
Current Affairs of 26 March 2013:
- Simon Helmot appointed as new Coach of Hyderabad Sunrisers.
- A.K.Singhal conferred with Life Time Achievement Award.
- Peter fulton hits another ton, New Zealand on top against England.
Current Affairs of 27 March 2013:
- Veteran Actress Sukumari Passes Away at 74 in Chennai.
- Police book record 668 cases for drunk driving this Holi.
- Tiger Woods is back as No.1 after two-year long drought.
- Novak Djokovic crashes out of Miami Masters.
- NASA Scientists Find Moon, Asteroids Share History.
Current Affairs of 28 March 2013:
- Najam Sethi appointed as Interim Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Julia Pierson appointed as first female US Secret Service head.
- Saina nominated for BWF Female Player of the Year award.
- Robin Van Persie overtakes Cruyff goal record.
- New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder critical, in coma after bashings.
Current Affairs of 29 March 2013:
- Mercedes Benz India Marketing Director Debashis Mitra resigns.
- Former South Africa President Nelson Mandela Hospitalized.
- Nokia’s senior VP for India, Mideast and Africa, D Shivakumar resigns.
- Angelo Mathews appointed new captain of Pune Warriors India.
- Gurinder Sandhu conferred with Steve Waugh Medal.
Current Affairs of 30 March 2013:
- British actor Richard Griffiths dies at 65.
- Madhya Pradesh topples Bihar, new No 1 in economic growth.
- Serena Williams enter the final of WTA Miami Tournament.
- Delhi University online lecture series start from April 1.
- Sri Lanka becomes 1st in South Asia to roll out full 4G mobile network.
Current Affairs of 31 March 2013:
- Five killed in South Africa helicopter crash at Kruger National Park.
- Anadi Barua appointed as new chief coach of women’s football team.
- Punjab beat Uttar Pradesh by 51 runs to meet gujarat in Mushtaq Ali T20 final.
- Britain’s Andy Murray to face Roger Federer in Miami final.
- New Zealand Cricketer Jesse Ryder out of coma, no memory of attack.