Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 21, 2014 major events.
- Which Indian states high court allows schools to levy fee for more than a month?
- Delhi High Court
- Allahabad High Court
- High Court of Kerala
- Madras High Court
- Name the senior vice-president of India business and Board member of Infosys who quits on 20th March?
- Ravi Teja
- Girish Chandra
- Mukesh Saini
- Chandrashekar Kakal
- Which Bollywood Actor received Best Actor nomination at the prestigious Asian Film Awards?
- Irrfan Khan
- Ranbir Kapoor
- Shahrukh Khan
- Ranveer Singh
- Which country’s 12th Class boy builds a waterproof shoe that charges phones as you walk?
- Which among the following NGO declared 2014 as the ‘year of the sparrow’?
- Help Age India
- Sargam Sanstha
- Ward Foundation
- Smile Foundation
- Which among the following writer passed away at 99 on Thursday?
- Vikram Seth
- Khushwant Singh
- Amitav Ghosh
- R. K. Narayan
- Which university scientists developed a new contact lens that could give its wearer infrared night vision?
- University of Minnesota
- Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- University of Michigan
- 14 Indians jailed for clashing with people in-
- Name the Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India who resigned on 20th March 2013?
- G. Gopalakrishna
- Shri Anand Sinha
- K C Chakrabarty
- Dr. Urjit R. Patel
- Which country insurers offering smog insurance to travellers visiting six heavily-polluted cities in-
- United States
Delhi High Court: Relaxing its restrain on unaided private schools in the capital, the Delhi High Court has set aside its order passed last year and has allowed these schools to charge fee for more than one month at a time from students.
Chandrashekar Kakal: India’s second largest software firm, Chandrashekar Kakal, senior vice-president of India business and Board member of Infosys quit on Thursday.
Irrfan Khan: The renowned Indian Bollywood Actor Irrfan Khan received a Best Actor nomination at the prestigious Asian Film Awards (AFA) for his role in the critically-acclaimed film, THE LUNCHBOX.
India: A 12th standard Indian boy Rajesh Adhikari from Nainital, has created a shoe that can charge mobile devices as you walk.
Ward Foundation: World Sparrow Day observed on the 20th of March every year to create awareness about the House Sparrow and other common birds and the need for their protection. NGO ‘Ward foundation’ declares 2014 as the ‘year of the sparrow’.
Khushwant Singh:Writer, historian and columnist Khushwant Singh died of cardiac arrest at his residence here on Thursday morning. He was 99.
University of Michigan: Researchers at University of Michigan developed a new James Bond-style smart contact lens that could give its wearer infrared night vision.
Singapore: Fourteen Indians were on Thursday jailed for clashing with a group of people in Singapores Little India, where the country’s worst riot in 40 years broke out last year.
K C Chakrabarty: Reserve Bank Deputy Governor K C Chakrabarty, known for strong views and who had fought with former SBI chairman in public on issues, has resigned, three months before his term was to end.
China: A Chinese insurer is offering smog insurance to travellers visiting six heavily-polluted cities in China during very hazy days.