Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 22, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country sets new record for most sixes in an innings in T20 Internationals?
- Sri Lanka
- At least 10 women killed in a boat accident in-
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Who has been named as new coach of Caribbean Premier League champions Jamaica Tallawahs?
- Mickey Arthur
- Dav Whatmore
- Chaminda Vaas
- Aravinda de Silva
- Who has been bagged the 2014 Google Digital Activism Award?
- Neeraj Pandey
- Ajay Bindra
- Mukul Saklani
- Shubhranshu Choudhary
- Which country’s court asked Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi to provide a copy of her passport?
- Unites States
- Sri Lanka
- Which player claimed the fastest ever ATP Tour win on Thursday by crushing Australian Bernard Tomic in 28 minutes and 20 seconds?
- Dudi Sela
- Édouard Roger-Vasselin
- Jarkko Nieminen
- Dmitry Tursunov
- Name the captain of Brazil’s first World Cup-winning team who passed away at 83?
- Newton de Sordi
- Hilderaldo Luiz Bellini
- Djalma Santos
- Mauro Ramos
- Which among the following cricketer equalled the record of second fastest half-century in T20Is?
- Paul Stirling
- Kevin O’Brien
- Andrew Poynter
- Stephan Myburgh
- How many percent aspiring school teachers failing to clear the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2014?
- Ninety-eight Percent
- Fifty Percent
- Sixty-two Percent
- Seventy-six Percent
- Name the Senior Congress leader who resigned from the Congress and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday?
- Prem Rawat
- Vijay Bahuguna
- Satpal Maharaj
- Yashpal Arya
Netherlands: The Netherlands batsmen hit 19 sixes in this match the most in a T20 international innings. The previous best was Australia’s 18 against England at the Rose Bowl last year.
Rajasthan: At least 10 women killed as boat capsizes in Rajasthan’s state Tonk district on Friday, nearly 390 kilometres southwest of New Delhi.
Mickey Arthur: Former Australia coach Mickey Arthur appointed as new head coach of Caribbean Premier League champions the Jamaica Tallawahs.
Shubhranshu Choudhary: Indian Journalist Shubhranshu Choudhary who launched a unique communication platform in 2004 in Chhattisgarh called CGNet Swara, is the winner of the 2014 Google Digital Activism Award.
United States: A US court has asked Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi to provide a copy of her passport to show that she was not in the US between September 2 and September 9 last year.
Jarkko Nieminen: Finland’s Jarkko Nieminen claimed the fastest ever ATP Tour win on Thursday by crushing Australian Bernard Tomic 6-0,6-1 in 28 minutes and 20 seconds to advance to the second round of the Sony Open.
Hilderaldo Luiz Bellini: Hilderaldo Luiz Bellini, the captain of Brazil’s first World Cup-winning team, died Thursday aged 83 after a long illness.
Stephan Myburgh: Stephan Myburgh’s 17-ball fifty equalled the second fastest half-century in T20Is. Ireland’s Paul Stirling had hit a 17-ball fifty against Afghanistan in the final of the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier in 2012.
Ninety-eight Percent: Questions over the quality of teacher training in the country continue with more than 98% of aspiring school teachers failing to clear the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2014.
Satpal Maharaj: Senior Congress leader and sitting MP from the Pauri constituency Satpal Maharaj on Friday resigned from the Congress and joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).