Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 23, 2014 major events.
- Which AAP leader returns the ticket and refused to contest the upcoming elections from Lakhmipur Kheri?
- Ilyas Azmi
- Dr Rajender Sonkar
- Adarsh Shastri
- Dilip Pandey
- Name the former Goldman Sachs director who finned with $13.9 million and banned for life from serving as director of a public corporation?
- Vinod Dham
- Preet Bharara
- Rajat Gupta
- Anil Kumar
- Which among the following political party entire Delhi state unit joined Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday?
- Janata Dal (Secular)
- Shiv Sena
- Telugu Desam Party
- Name the former adviser to Manmohan Singh who quizzed by CBI in connection with alleged irregularities in allocation of coal blocks?
- Pulok Chatterji
- Shivshankar Menon
- Ajit Seth
- T. K. A. Nair
- Which among the following author and journalist joined Bhartiya Janta Party on Saturday?
- M J Akbar
- Deepak Chaurasia
- Rajat Sharma
- Karan Thapar
- Which university scientists create an antibiotic that can be switched on and off with light?
- Lviv University
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
- National Aviation University
- Kyiv National Economic University
- Name the chairman of the All India Muslim Ekta Manch who joined Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday?
- Abdul Karim Tunda
- Muhammad Waqas
- Shakeel Abbasi
- Haji Ikram Hassan
- Which country seen a 73% increase in citizens living over the age of 100 over the last 10 years?
- Which Actor replaces Advani loyalist from Ahmedabad (East) Lok Sabha seat?
- Paresh Rawal
- Mithun Chakraborty
- Name the BSP MP and actor who gets 2 months interim bail in maid torture case?
- Parasnath Yadava
- Mukhtar Ansari
- Dhananjay Singh
- Amar Singh
Ilyas Azmi: AAP founder-member Ilyas Azmi has refused to contest the upcoming elections from Lakhmipur Kheri, the seat where he has been fielded by the party.
Rajat Gupta: US regulator SEC has asked an appeals court to affirm a district courts decision that India-born former Goldman Sachs director Rajat Gupta pay a $13.9 million fine and be banned for life from serving as director of a public corporation.
Janata Dal (Secular): In what could signal a weakening of the third front in Delhi, the entire Delhi state unit of Janata Dal (Secular) joined Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday.
T. K. A. Nair: The CBI has questioned TKA Nair, adviser to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,in connection with alleged irregularities in allocation of coal blocks which included granting of a block to Hindalco at Talabira.
M J Akbar: Author and senior journalist M J Akbar today joined BJP in the presence of party president Rajnath Singh on Saturday.
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT): Scientists of Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) have produced an antibiotic, whose biological activity can be controlled with light.
Haji Ikram Hassan: The massive transfer into AAP was led by JD(S)s state president and chairman of the All India Muslim Ekta Manch, Haji Ikram Hassan.
Britain : Britain has seen a 73% increase in citizens living over the age of 100 over the last 10 years. Figures released by the Office of the National Statistics (ONS) on Friday showed that UK was home to 13,350 centenarians in 2012.
Paresh Rawal: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has replaced L.K. Advani’s loyalist and sitting MP Harin Pathak with Bollywood actor Paresh Rawal from Ahmedabad East Lok Sabha seat in Gujarat.
Dhananjay Singh: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, arrested for his maids murder, was on Saturday granted interim bail for two months by a trial court.