Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 29, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country officially certified as a Polio Free country by World Health Organisation (WHO)?
- New Zealand
- Who has been replaced N Srinivasan as BCCI President for IPL-7?
- Ravi Shastri
- Digambar Kamat
- Arun Lal
- Sunil Gavaskar
- At least 5 crew members killed in C-130J aircraft crashed in-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Which Bollywood actress launched Rashtriya Aam Party on Friday?
- Rakhi Sawant
- Jaya Prada
- Aruna Irani
- Which country’s president ordered the release of Indian fishermen after UN vote abstention?
- Sri Lanka
- Which Indian player entered the semifinals of Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton?
- Mithlesh Gupta
- Ghansyam Sinha
- Sourabh Varma
- Rinku Malhotra
- Name the former Goa chief minister who will be arrested in connection with a Rs35,000 crore mining scam?
- Digambar Kamat
- Churchill Alemao
- Ravi S. Naik
- Francisco Sardinha
- Ban on smoking in public places helped to cut childhood asthma attacks by-
- 35 Percent
- 10 Percent
- 5 Percent
- 20 Percent
- Which country Air force fired 9 nuclear base commanders over cheating scandal?
- United States
- Which the following cricket becomes the first team to qualify for ICC t20 world cup?
- West Indies
- South Africa
India: The World Health Organisation (WHO) on 27 March 2014 certified India as a Polio Free country. This action of WHO made India one of the 11 countries of South-East Region to be free from polio virus.
Sunil Gavaskar: Sunil Gavaskar appointed as interim chief of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in place of N Srinivasan during upcoming IPL 7 but allowed Chennai Superkings (CSK) and Rajasthan Royals (RR) to play in the tournament.
Madhya Pradesh: A newly acquired US-made C-130J transport aircraft today crashed near Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh after taking off from Agra air base, killing five crew members, including four officers.
Rakhi Sawant: Rakhi Sawant on Friday bid farewell to the industry and launched her political career by establishing Rashtriya Aam Party. She will file her nomination from Mumbai Northwest on Saturday,
Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka’s president on Friday ordered the release of Indian fishermen detained for poaching after New Delhi surprisingly refused to back a US-led censure motion against Colombo at the UN’s top rights body.
Sourabh Varma: Sourabh Varma stormed into the semifinals in the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold Badminton at Pasir Gudang on Friday. Eighth seeded Varma upset Chinese Taipei’s third seed Tien Chen Chou by 22-20, 18-21, 21-15.
Digambar Kamat: Former Goa chief minister Digambar Kamat will be arrested in connection with a Rs35,000 crore mining scam.
10 Percent: The study of data from parts of North America and Europe where smoking bans have been introduced also showed a 10% fall in hospital attendance for childhood asthma attacks.
United States: US Air Force has fired nine top commanders in the wake of a major scandal involving systemic cheating on proficiency tests by officers in the US nuclear missile programme as early as 2011.
India: Former champions India became the first team to qualify for the World Twenty20 semi-finals after beating Bangladesh by eight wickets in their Group 2 Super 10 match of the ICC World Twenty20 on Friday.