Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on March 30, 2014 major events.
- Who has been gets special jury award at Times Now NRI awards?
- Zubin Mehta
- A.R. Rehman
- Yuvan Shankar Raja
- Name the BJP’s senior leader who expelled from party for six years on Saturday?
- Arun Shourie
- Jaswant Singh
- Murli Manohar Joshi
- Yashwant Sinha
- At least 12 killed and 25 injured in serial bomb blast in-
- Which Indian shooter recently won the silver medal in World Cup in USA?
- Tejaswini Sawant
- Laishram Bombayla Devi
- Deepika Kumari
- Heena Sidhu
- Who has been elected as new president of Slovakia?
- Dušan Jarjabek
- Lubomír Javorský
- Andrej Kiska
- František Jehlicka
- Which among the following country to host 4th Clean Energy Ministerial meeting in April?
- United States
- Which among the following bank cut lending rates by 0.1 percent from March 30?
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- Union Bank of India
- HDFC Bank
- At least 24 people killed and dozens wounded in car bombing in-
- Saudi Arabia
- Name the Harry Potter actor who recently passes away at aged 65?
- Jason Isaacs
- Harry Melling
- Richard Griffiths
- Michael Gambon
- Which among the following cricketer hits fastest 50 in T20 internationals for South Africa?
- Hashim Amla
- AB de Villiers
- Quinton de Kock
- David Miller
Zubin Mehta: Renowned music director and concert conductor Zubin Mehta was conferred the special jury award by Times Now at the channels NRI of the Year awards.
Jaswant Singh: BJP expelled senior leader Jaswant Singh for a period of six years on saturday. This is the second time that the former Union minister has been expelled by the party.
Pakistan:A suicide bomber blew him up targeting a senior security forces official near the U.S. consulate in Peshawar on Friday, killing 12 people and injuring 25 others.
Heena Sidhu: World number two air pistol shooter Heena Sidhu clinched a silver medal at the ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning, USA. Heena shot a good 200.8 in the finals to clinch the silver.
Andrej Kiska: Andrej Kiska won by a landslide in Saturday’s presidential run-off. Mr Kiska will be Slovakia’s first president since independence in 1993 without a past in the Communist party.
India: Energy ministers from more than 20 of the world’s leading economies will gather in New Delhi, India on April 17-18 for the fourth international Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM4).
HDFC Bank: HDFC Bank has decided to cut its benchmark lending rates by 0.1 percentage point with effect from March 30. The Base Rate of the country’s second largest private sector bank will become 9.6 per cent from the existing 9.7 per cent.
Iraq: Car bomb attacks against four Shia mosques in Baghdad and one in Kirkuk killed at least 24 people and wounded more than 100 on Saturday.
Richard Griffiths: Richard Griffiths, the British actor who played the boy wizard’s unsympathetic Uncle Vernon in the “Harry Potter” movies, has died. He was 65.
AB de Villiers: South Africa marched into the ICC World Twenty20 semifinals by beating England by three runs on Saturday. AB de Villiers hits 69 off only 28 balls. He reached his 50 off 23 balls – the fastest 50 in T20 internationals for South Africa.