Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 02, 2014 major events.
- Who has been appointed national chairman of selectors for Australian cricket team?
- Greg Chappell
- Merv Hughes
- Rod Marsh
- Ian Healy
- Name the Israeli filmmaker who passed away at age of 98?
- Menahem Golan
- Yehoram Gaon
- Assi Dayan
- Shaike Levi
- Who has been won the 8th Chinthamani memorial open snooker tournament 2014?
- Bimal Jain
- Aman Sharma
- Dinesh Chowhan
- Laxman Rawat
- Name the Sinn Féin president who recently held over 1972 Jean McConville killing?
- Gerry Adams
- Ian Paisley
- Gerry Kelly
- Peter Robinson
- Which among the following cricket nation regain No.1 position in T20I rankings?
- Sri Lanka
- South Africa
- Who has named as next chief executive officer of Ford India?
- Joseph Hinrichs
- Mark Fields
- Lewis Booth
- Jacques Nasser
- Who has been recently resigned as the managing director and chief executive officer of Multi Commodity Exchange?
- Suraj Gupta
- Narendra Kumar
- Amit Sharma
- Manoj Vaish
- Which among the following British model died from an overdose of heroin?
- Peaches Geldof
- Paula Yates
- Katie Hopkins
- Daisy Lowe
- Which among the following BJP leader held for instigating attack on Somnath Bharti?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu
- Kaushal Kishore Mishra
- Parkash Singh Badal
- Bikram Singh Majithia
- Who has been appointed as new Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (DCAS)?
- S B P Sinha
- Naveen Pal
- Ranjeet Rai
- Sanjay Tomar
Rod Marsh: Former Australian wicket-keeper Rod Marsh has, as expected, been announced as the man to take over as national chairman of selectors, with former chairman Trevor Hohns and champion batsman Mark Waugh to join him on the four-man selection panel.
Assi Dayan: Actor and director Assi Dayan, an Israeli cultural icon who was known for both his trailblazing films and troubled personal life, died on Thursday in his Tel Aviv home. He was 68.
Laxman Rawat: Laxman Rawat of Petroleum Sports Board got the better of Faizal Khan of Railways 14-51, 65-24, 45-82, 55-42, 60-11, 1-54, 26-99, 66-43, 84-14 to emerge the champion of the eighth Chinthamani memorial open snooker tournament at the S.S. Sports Academy.
Gerry Adams: Gerry Adams, the Sinn Féin leader and chief architect of the Irish republican movement’s peace strategy, has been arrested by police over a notorious Troubles murder that has haunted his political career for decades.
India: India on Thursday climbed up a position and regained its number one ranking in Twenty20 Internationals after the annual update of the ICC Rankings. The Indian side has swapped places with ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 champions, Sri Lanka.
Mark Fields: Ford Motor Co said on Thursday that its chief operating officer, Mark Fields, will succeed Alan Mulally as chief executive officer, effective on July 1.
Manoj Vaish: Manoj Vaish has resigned as the managing director and chief executive officer of the country’s leading commodity exchange MCX exactly three months after joining the bourse, citing health reasons.
Peaches Geldof: Heroin use played a role in the death of Peaches Geldof, the daughter of Live Aid founder Bob Geldof, an inquest in Britain has heard. The 25-year-old model and journalist, who had two young children, was found dead at her home.
Kaushal Kishore Mishra: BJP leader Kaushal Kishore Mishra was on Thursday arrested and later released on bail for his alleged involvement in the attack on AAP leader and ex-Delhi law minister, Somnath Bharti, during a TV show in Varanasi on April 23.
S B P Sinha: Air Marshal S B P Sinha took over as the new deputy chief of the force on Wednesday. An ace fighter pilot commissioned in June 1980, Sinha will have to steer all IAF modernization projects in his new assignment.