Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 03, 2014 major events.
- Who has been confirmed as new head coach of Pakistan cricket team?
- Rashid Latif
- Waqar Younis
- Aamer Sohail
- Saleem Malik
- Name the longest living Olympian who recently dies at age of 106?
- Harvey Keitel
- James Logan Jones
- Steve McQueen
- Walter Walsh
- Which company’s CEO & Managing Director recently resigned from his post?
- Bharti Airtel
- HCL Technologies Limited
- HeidelbergCement India Limited
- Dabur India Limited
- Eleven children were among 18 people killed in bomb blasts in-
- Saudi Arabia
- Who becomes the first South Asian federal judge in Illinois?
- Manish Shah
- Rajesh Goswami
- Arpit Verma
- Vinay Joshi
- Name the Jet Airways Chief Financial Officer who recently resigned from his post?
- Mahendra Kumar
- Harish Rawat
- Ravishankar Gopalakrishnan
- Narendra Tomar
- Twenty-two Muslims killed in sectarian attacks in-
- Which among the following country threatens WTO action over EU mango ban?
- Name the world’s second largest retailer who looking to exit India over unclear FDI policies?
- At least 350 dead and hundreds missing in landslide in-
Waqar Younis: Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Najam Sethi has confirmed that former Test captain Waqar Younis would be taking over as head coach of the national team later this month.
Walter Walsh: Walter Walsh, who captured gangsters as an FBI agent in the 1930s and went on to train Marine Corps snipers and become the longest-lived Olympian, has died. He was 106.
HeidelbergCement India Limited: Ashish Guha, CEO & Managing Director, HeidelbergCement India Ltd, has quit, marking the third high profile exit announcement in two days by a company CEO.
Syria: Eleven children were among 18 people killed in tow bombings which struck central Syria on Friday, state media reported, as al-Qaida’s chief called on its Syrian affiliate to stop fighting against rival jihadists.
Manish Shah: Indian-American Manish Shah has been confirmed by the US Senate as a federal judge in Illinois, making him the first South Asian federal judge in President Barack Obama’s home state.
Jet Airways: Jet Airways (India) Chief Financial Officer and Acting Chief Executive of the Company Mr. Ravishankar Gopalakrishnan, has resigned less than in four months after joining in mid-January.
Assam: Suspected tribal rebels have shot dead 22 Muslims in attacks in tea-growing state of Assam, where tension has run high during a drawn-out national election.
India: India on Friday made a forceful attempt to get the EU to reverse the ban on export of mangoes, going to the extent of threatening action at WTO if its demand was not met.
Carrefour: Carrefour, the world’s second largest retailer, has started to work on an exit plan from India after talks to sell its five wholesale stores to Sunil Mittal’s Bharti group failed.
Afghanistan: At least 350 people have been killed and many more are missing, the UN says, after a landslide hit the north-east Afghanistan province of Badakhshan.