Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 04, 2014 major events.
- Which country records first case of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Corona virus?
- United States
- Who becomes the first South African player to complete 4,000 runs in twenty-20 cricket?
- Faf du Plessis
- AB de Villiers
- Jacques Kallis
- Jean-Paul Duminy
- Which among the following director recently conferred with Dada Saheb Phalke award?
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Karan Johar
- Rohit Shetty
- Who has been recently topped the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2014?
- Pramod Vakacharla
- Ravi Jagannath Vishal
- Manish Shukla
- Imran Khan
- Who has been created the national record in the men’s 50km walk at the IAAF World Race Walking Cup?
- Nirman Tomar
- Sandeep Kumar
- Vishal Mishra
- Bipin Chandra
- Which among the following player banned for one year for positive drugs test?
- Tyson Gay
- Asafa Powell
- Justin Gatlin
- Usain Bolt
- At 15 people were killed in a major fire at a cracker factory in-
- Madhya Pradesh
- Which country limits legal pot purchases to 10 grams per week?
- Which among the following country to ban legal highs at music fests?
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- Who has been won the women’s double Portugal Open title 2014?
- Eva Hrdinova and Valeria Solovyeva
- Soler-Espinosa and Shuai Zhang
- K. Peschke and K. Srebotnik
- Sania Mirza and Cara Black
United States: The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has confirmed the USs first case the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV ). The infected person is a US citizen who worked as a healthcare worker in Saudi Arabia.
Jean-Paul Duminy: Jean-Paul Duminy becomes the first South African player to complete 4,000 runs int20 cricket. He is also becomes 14th player to reach 4,000 runs in t20s.
Gulzar: Noted lyricist-director Gulzar was on Saturday conferred the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke award by President Pranab Mukherjee at the 61st National Film Awards ceremony here.
Pramod Vakacharla: Pramod Vakacharla (355/360) and Akram Khan (350) made it one-two for Andhra Pradesh in this years JEE (main), the results of which were announced on Saturday. Jharkhands Krishalay Raj (350) shared the second spot with Khan.
Sandeep Kumar: Sandeep Kumar finished 23rd with a national record in the 50km event on the first day of the IAAF World Race Walking Cup at Taicang, China. Sandeep clocked 3:56:22s to better Basanta Bahadur Rana’s earlier national record timing of 3:56:48s set during 2012 the London Olympics.
Tyson Gay: Former world double sprint champion Tyson Gay has been suspended for one year after testing positive in 2013 for a banned anabolic steroid by US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA ).
Madhya Pradesh: Fifteen people, including three children, were killed in a major fire at a cracker factory in Badnagar town in Madhya Pradeshs Ujjain district on Saturday. The factory belonged to one Yusuf Hussain, who was immediately detained.
Uruguay: Uruguay on Friday took a major step in setting rules for the government regulated sale of marijuana. Uruguay customers can buy up to 10 grams of marijuana a week at a price of about $0.90 per gram.
United Kingdom: More than 20 United Kingdom music festivals have banned the sale of ‘legal highs’ at their events this summer after a spike in the number of people dying from the drugs.
Sania Mirza and Cara Black: Sania Mirza and Cara Black won their first title of the season with a hard-fought 6-4 6-3 win over Eva Hrdinova and Valeria Solovyeva in the final of the WTA Portugal Open, here on Saturday.