Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 05, 2014 major events.
- Who has been won the best actor award at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne?
- Rajkummar Rao
- Shahrukh Khan
- Amitabh Bachchan
- Farhan Akhtar
- Who has been won the BMW Open final?
- Pablo Cuevas
- Martin Klizan
- Facundo Bagnis
- Adrian Ungur
- 18 passengers were killed and more than 145 injured in a train accident in-
- Tamil Nadu
- Who has been appointed as new prime minister of Libya?
- Ifran Khan
- Mohammed Sahil
- Ahmed Matiq
- Faisel Khan
- Who has been won the boys’ under-19 title at the ISA Junior Open squash tournament?
- Sumit Aggarwal
- Kush Kumar
- Neeraj Pal
- Arpit Saxena
- Name the PayPal director of strategy who recently fired by company for misbehavior with colleagues?
- Pawan Garg
- Mukesh Sinha
- Bikran Basu
- Rakesh Agrawal
- The National Green tribunal banned mining in-
- Sariska Tiger Reserve
- Anshi National Park
- Jim Corbett National Park
- Bandhavgarh National Park
- Name the Tata Motors senior Vice President of passenger car unit who recently quits?
- Satish Jain
- Manoj Bhoj
- Ankush Arora
- Rahul Mukherjee
- At least 43 militants killed in military campaign in-
- Which Producer recently conferred with Special Jury and Special Mention awards at the 61st National Film Awards?
- Aftab Shivdasani
- Tusshar Kapoor
- Arshad Warsi
- Riteish Deshmukh
Farhan Akhtar: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar, who recently received the best actor award from the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy here, has been honoured at the ongoing Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM). The actor bagged the best actor award for his work in “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag”.
Martin Klizan: Slovakian qualifier Martin Klizan defeated top-seeded Fabio Fognini 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 in the BMW Open final on Sunday for his second ATP World Tour title.
Maharashtra: Eighteen passengers were killed and more than 145 injured after an engine and four coaches of the Diva-Sawantwadi Road Passenger train derailed between Nagothane and Roha stations in Maharashtra’s Raigad district at 9.40 am on Sunday.
Ahmed Matiq: Libya’s parliament swore in an Islamist-backed businessman as interim prime minister Sunday despite a challenge to the results that led to a walkout by secular lawmakers. The interim parliament named Ahmed Matiq, 42 years old, as prime minister in a televised session.
Kush Kumar: Tamil Nadu’s Kush Kumar won the boys’ u-19 title at the ISA Junior Open squash tournament after defeating Vijay Kumar, also from TN, 11-3, 11-7, 11-9 here on Sunday.
Rakesh Agrawal: PayPal, a company that allows web users to make monetary transactions on the web, fired senior executive Rakesh Agrawal after he made a series of insulting – and mostly incomprehensible – tweets against co-workers.
Sariska Tiger Reserve: The National Green Tribunals central zone bench in Bhopal has banned mining in 84 stone and marble quarries inside and within 1 km radius of the Sariska tiger reserve and adjoining Jamwa Ramgarh sanctuary.
Ankush Arora: Tata Motors’ Ankush Arora, senior vice-president-commercial of the passenger vehicle business unit has resigned. Arora joined Tata Motors in April 2013. He is an alumnus of the Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology.
Yemen: Fighting and airstrikes in an al-Qaida stronghold in southern Yemen killed six suspected militants and four soldiers Sunday, the military said, part of an ongoing military campaign that killed another 37 fighters overnight.
Riteish Deshmukh: Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh second Marathi venture “Yellow” won the Special Jury and Special Mention awards at the 61st National Film Awards.