Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 06, 2014 major events.
- Name the former union minister who slapped by Enforcement Directorate in money laundering case?
- Dasari Narayana Rao
- S. V. Krishna Reddy
- Chandra Mohan
- Jagapati Babu
- Which among the following company won the International Safety Award 2014?
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- NTPC Limited
- BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL)
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)
- The World Health Organization (WHO) issued travel restrictions over polio spread on-
- Which country’s researchers discover formula for winning in rock-paper-scissors?
- New Zealand
- Which among the following Nobel-winning economist recently dies at 83?
- Gary Becker
- Kevin M. Murphy
- Jacob Mincer
- Milton Friedman
- Which among the following company recalls his 30,000 Brio, Amaze units?
- Tata Motors
- Honda Cars India Limited
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Bentley Motors Limited
- Which among the following tennis player dies at the age of 30 from liver cancer?
- Johanna Larsson
- Anna-Lena Grönefeld
- Marina Erakovic
- Elena Baltacha
- Which among the following cricketer takes first hat-trick of Indian Premier League (IPL) 2014?
- Pravin Tambe
- Shane Watson
- Umesh Yadav
- Vinay Kumar
- Who has been appointed as new president of South Goa advocates association (SGAA)?
- Pankaj Kumar Meena
- Vikas Kumar
- Rajeev Gomes
- Mayank Aggarwal
- Name the Panama vice-president who won the presidential election?
- Ivan Lendl
- Juan Carlos Varela
- Björn Borg
Dasari Narayana Rao: The ED on Monday registered a money laundering case against former junior coal minister Dasari Narayana Rao and Congress MP Naveen Jindal in connection with the allocation of coal blocks to Jindal Steel in Jharkhand in 2008.
BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL): British Safety Council, UK, has awarded BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) with the. The award was conferred on BYPL on April 25 at the Grosvenor House in London.
Pakistan: The World Health Organization on Monday issued an international alert over the resurgence of polio a disease over which India has just won a hard-fought battle. The WHO alert was accompanied by travel restrictions on Pakistan, including the requirement for Pakistanis to show evidence of polio vaccination before applying for a visa.
China: Scientists have discovered a new formula that can help you win at Rock-Paper-Scissors by predicting your opponent’s moves. Researchers in China found that people do not play the game randomly they follow hidden patterns that can be predicted to win games.
Gary Becker: Gary Becker, whose work applying the principles of economics to a wide range of human behavior won the Nobel Prize in 1992, has died at age 83.
Honda Cars India Limited: Honda Cars India Limited (HCIL) is recalling over 30,000 units of select variants of the Amaze entry sedan and Brio hatchback to inspect them for a possible defect in the brake system.
Elena Baltacha: The former British No1 Elena Baltacha died of liver cancer early on Sunday morning. She was 30. Born in Ukraine and raised in Scotland, Baltacha revealed she had the illness in March.
Pravin Tambe: Leg spinner Pravin Tambe struck the first hat-trick of the season to script Rajasthan Royals’ 10-run sensational win over Kolkata Knight Riders in their maiden Indian Premier League (IPL) match at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera on Monday.
Rajeev Gomes: Rajeev Gomes has been appointed as new president of South Goa advocates association (SGAA) on Sunday. The SGAA elections are held every two years.
Juan Carlos Varela: Panamanian vice-president Juan Carlos Varela has been declared the victor in Sundays’ presidential election, thwarting an attempt by outgoing President Ricardo Martinelli to extend his grip on power by electing a hand-picked successor.