Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 07, 2014 major events.
- Who has been elected as news president of the Rajasthan Cricket Association?
- Arun Modi
- Lalit Modi
- Vinod Dube
- Mukesh Raut
- Which among the following country lifts ban on YouTube?
- Which country’s central bank to allow children aged over 10 years to independently open and operate savings bank accounts?
- United States
- Which among the following player life ban upholds by London High Court?
- Mervyn Westfield
- Mohammad Sami
- Danish Kaneria
- Salman Butt
- Which among the following banks net profit up 11% at Rs 1702 crore for the 4 quarter ending March 2014?
- HDFC Bank
- ICCI Bank
- State Bank of India
- Axis bank
- Who became the first Indian to be awarded the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE)?
- Laxmi Mittal
- Ratan Tata
- Mukesh Ambani
- Azim Premji
- Who has been appointed Joint Secretary in the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment?
- Arpit Kumar
- Radhe Shyam Pathak
- Nitin Arora
- Babu Lal Meena
- Which among the following country rejected peace push, fears of war rise in Ukraine?
- United States
- Avian flu virus found among penguins in-
- Who has been takes oath as new head coach of Pakistan Cricket team?
- Waqar Younis
- Moin Khan
- Rashid Latif
- Dav Whatmore
Lalit Modi: Lalit Modi, the former IPL chairman, has been declared the winner of the Rajasthan Cricket Association election. The BCCI’s interim president Shivlal Yadav responded immediately by suspending the RCA under Rule 32 (vii).
Pakistan: Pakistan’s parliament has voted unanimously to lift a ban on YouTube, which has been blocked in the country since September 2012. The resolution approved on May 6 is not legally binding but nonetheless it was welcomed by free speech campaigners as a positive step.
India: India’s central bank RBI on Tuesday said banks were at liberty to allow children aged over 10 years to independently open and operate savings bank accounts. The RBI also okayed facilities such as net banking for minors.
Danish Kaneria: Danish Kaneria, the former Essex and Pakistan spinner who was given a life ban after a disciplinary panel concluded that he had encouraged a team-mate to underperform, has lost a high court fight with the England and Wales Cricket Board.
HDFC Bank: Mortgage lender HDFC’s net profit for the fiscal fourth quarter ending March 2014 may rise 10.9 per cent year-on-year at Rs 1,702 crore. Net interest income, or interest earned over interest paid, may grow 16 per cent y-o-y to Rs 2,262 crore.
Ratan Tata: Ratan Tata became the first Indian to be awarded the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE) since India became a republic in 1950. British high commissioner to India James Bevan conducted the ceremony.
Babu Lal Meena: Babu Lal Meena has been appointed Joint Secretary in the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment. He is a 1991 batch IAS officer of Uttar Pradesh cadre.
Russia: Russia on Tuesday rejected a new peace initiative for Ukraine as fears of open war mounted over the ex-Soviet republic, whose troops are waging an increasingly deadly offensive against pro-Moscow rebels.
Antarctica: An international team of researchers have for the first time identified a new avian influenza virus in a group of Adelie penguins from Antarctica. The virus is unlike any other circulating avian flu viruses.
Waqar Younis: Legendary Pakistan fast bowler Waqar Younis has been appointed as the head coach of Pakistan cricket team for a two-year period starting from June 2014.