Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 08, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country’s prime minister dismissed for abuse of power?
- Sri Lanka
A Thailand court has ordered Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and several cabinet ministers to step down. The Constitutional Court ruled that Ms Yingluck acted illegally when she transferred her national security head.
- Who becomes the first player to score 3,000 runs in Indian Premier League (IPL)?
- Chris Gayle
- Rohit Sharma
- Suresh Raina
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
Suresh Raina, the Chennai Super Kings batsman, has become the first player in Indian Premier League (IPL) history to score 3,000 runs. Raina achieved the feat during his knock of 35 against the Kings XI Punjab in their IPL 2014 clash at Cuttack.
- Name the OnMobile MD and CEO who recently quit his post?
- Pratik Chitra
- Mouli Raman
- Saurav Tiwary
- Amit Shah
OnMobile CEO & MD Mouli Raman has resigned. The Bangalore-based company said it would announce a new CEO in due course and that Raman would continue as CEO till the new person was on board.
- Which among the following country likely to banned WhatsApp?
- United States
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has vetoed a plan to ban WhatsApp, following a row over censorship of the popular messaging application. Access to social networks, including Twitter and Facebook, are routinely blocked by Iranian authorities.
- Who has been becomes European football’s first female professional team manager?
- Patricia Palinkas
- Helena Costa
- Katie Hnida
- Julie Harshbarger
French second-tier outfit Clermont Foot has announced that Portuguese manager Helena Costa will take over next season. Costa, 36, will become the first female coach of a French professional club.
- Which among the follwing country tightens reins on web with new ‘Bloggers Law’?
Russia has taken another major step toward restricting its once freewheeling Internet, as President Vladimir Putin quietly signed a new law requiring popular online voices to register with the government.
- Which university scientists create a new car system that detects pedestrians at night?
- Charles III University of Madrid
- Stanford University
- University of Oxford
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Researchers at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) in Spain have designed a new system for cars that can detect pedestrians upto 40 metres away in low visibility conditions such as night time driving.
- According to World Health Organization (WHO), Which Indian city is the most polluted air in the world?
Delhi is the most polluted city in the world when it comes to air quality, according to a WHO study released Wednesday. The 2014 version of the Ambient Air Pollution (AAP) database contains results of outdoor air pollution monitoring from almost 1600 cities in 91 countries.
- Who has been takes the top spot as the most searched IPL player this season?
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Virat Kohli
- Yuvraj Singh
- Chris Lynn
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) skipper Virat Kohli takes the top spot as the most searched IPL player this season, closely followed by Chennai Super Kings (CSK) captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Supreme Court recently banned Jallikattu (bull fights) in-
- Tamil Nadu
- Himachal Pradesh
The Supreme Court on Wednesday banned Jallikattu (bull fights) in Tamil Nadu and bullock-cart racing in other states and urged Parliament to give constitutional status to rights of animals.