Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 09, 2014 major events.
- Who becomes the third foreigner to claim an Indian Premier Legaue hat-trick?
- Kane Richardson
- Steve Smith
- Shane Watson
- Dale Steyn
- Who has been takes over as CBI’s first woman Additional Director?
- Archana Ramasundaram
- Megha Sharma
- Neelam Mishra
- Kirti Jain
- Which Indian state won the 285 awards under UPA rule?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Who has been appointed as new director of PR Department of BIS in New Delhi?
- Smriti Dhawan
- Neetu Sharma
- Renuka Salwan
- Binita Tomar
- Who has been won the International Arch of Europe Award 2014?
- Wilson College
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited
- Indian Aviation Academy (IAA)
- Which among the following singer recently arrested for raping his girlfriend?
- Jeet Ganguly
- Ankit Tiwari
- Mustafa Zahid
- Who has been appointed as new chairman of FTIL board?
- Venkat Chary
- Neha Sinha
- Deepak Gupta
- Amit Verma
- Which among the following British scientist passed away at age of 70?
- John Zarnecki
- David Southwood
- Bruce Lahn
- Colin Pillinger
- Which among the following country’s astronomers create first realistic virtual Universe?
- United States
- Who has been won the women’s Northern India Ladies & Junior Golf Championship?
- Aarti Kumari
- Preeti Jain
- Jyoti Sharma
- Gurbani Singh
Shane Watson: Shane Watson becomes only the third foreigner to claim an Indian Premier Legaue hat-trick. He is also the second in the current tournament, after teammate Pravin Tambe.
Archana Ramasundaram: IPS officer Archana Ramasundaram on yesterday took over as Additional Director of CBI, becoming the first woman to be elevated to this level in the probe agency.
Gujarat: Since 2004, Modi government in Gujarat has received 285 awards among which seven conferred by Prime Minister, 82 by various central government departments and 172 by well recognized national and international agencies for performing well in administration and development areas.
Renuka Salwan: Renuka Salwan has been appointed as the Director Public Relation, BIS, New Delhi. She holds the experience of more than 28 years and is an alumnus of School of Communications Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Indian Aviation Academy (IAA): Indian Aviation Academy (IAA) has been selected this year by the Business Initiative Directives Group (BIDG), Madrid (Spain) for the International Arch of Europe Award for quality and technology in Gold Category.
Ankit Tiwari: Ankit Tiwari, who sang the blockbuster ‘Sun Raha Hai Na’ for ‘Aashiqui 2’ has been arrested by the Versova police station on rape charges. His brother Ankur Tiwari has also been arrested.
Venkat Chary: The board of directors of the troubled Financial Technologies India (FTIL) on Thursday evening appointed Venkat Chary, one of its independent members, as its chairman after the arrest of Jignesh Shah, the founder-chairman of the company.
Colin Pillinger: Colin Pillinger, the space scientist best known for the Beagle 2 Mars mission, has died at the age of 70. Prof Pillinger was at his home in Cambridge when he suffered a brain haemorrhage and fell into a deep coma.
United States: Astronomers of MIT/Harvard-Smithsonian Center have created the first realistic virtual universe using a computer simulation called “Illustris.” Illustris can recreate 13 billion years of cosmic evolution in a cube 350 million light-years on a side with unprecedented resolution.
Gurbani Singh: Gurbani Singh carded two birdies and just one bogey to score a total of 218 to clinch the Usha Northern India Ladies & Junior Golf Championship. She was the only one to card a sub-par round on the day, one under 71.