Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 10, 2014 major events.
- Name the former Andhra Pradesh chief minister who recently passed away?
- Nadendla Bhaskara Rao
- Jesudasu Seelam
- Kotla Vijaya Bhaskara Reddy
- Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy
- Which tennis player beat Li Na to enter semi-finals of the Madrid Open?
- Maria Sharapova
- Ana Ivanovic
- Victoria Azarenka
- Anna Kournikova
- Who has been appointed as new test captain of West Indies cricket team?
- Dwayne Bravo
- Kieron Pollard
- Denesh Ramdin
- Chris Gayle
- Name the Samsung India’s mobile business head who recently quit his post?
- Vineet Taneja
- Pankaj Batra
- Mohit Sharma
- Arpit Verma
- Which political party won the fifth consecutive South African election?
- Azanian People’s Organisation
- African National Congress party
- Pan Africanist Congress
- United Christian Democratic Party
- Which among the following Spanish Olympic athlete recently dies at the age of 36?
- Iván Pedroso
- Eusebio Cáceres
- Yago Lamela
- Gregor Cankar
- Which milk company increased milk prices in the Delhi-NCR region by Rs 2 a litre from today?
- Mother Dairy
- Who has been appointed as special poll observer for Varanasi constituency?
- Mahesh Gupta
- Praveen Kumar
- Neeraj Bhoj
- Rajat Saini
- Who has been appointed as news batting coach of New Zealand cricket team?
- Chris Cairns
- Stephen Fleming
- Daryl Tuffey
- Craig McMillan
- At least 13 people were killed in a road accident in-
- Uttar Pradesh
Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy: Former Andhra chief minister Pradesh Nedurumalli Janardhana Reddy (80) passed away after a prolonged illness here at the NIMS hospital in the early hours on Friday. Janardhana, a sitting Rajya Sabha member, was the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh between 1990 and 1992.
Maria Sharapova: Maria Sharapova booked her place in the last four of the Madrid Open on Friday as she edged a thrilling quarterfinal against second seed Li Na 2-6, 7-6 (7/5), 6-3.
Denesh Ramdin: Denesh Ramdin was appointed captain of the West Indies Test side in place of Darren Sammy and the wicketkeeper batsman’s first assignment will be the home series against New Zealand beginning next month.
Vineet Taneja: Samsung India’s country head for mobile phones and digital imaging Vineet Taneja had quit the company this week. Samsung had hired Vineet Taneja as its new country head in March 2013, to take over the role of Ranjit Yadav, who had quit the company in 2012.
African National Congress party: The ruling African National Congress party (ANC) has won South Africa’s fifth democratic election by a significant albeit reduced majority, debunking speculation that the party would be punished over high unemployment and political controversy.
Yago Lamela: Former Spanish long jumper Yago Lamela, who was the 1999 world championship silver medallist, was found dead at his home on Thursday. He was 36.
Amul: Dairy major Amul has increased milk prices in the Delhi-NCR region by Rs 2 a litre from today due to increase in cost of milk production. It is also considering raising prices in other parts of the country.
Praveen Kumar: The Election Commission (EC) on Friday appointed Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar the special observer for Varanasi constituency, where the district administration’s denial of permission to a BJP rally prompted the party to accuse the poll panel of bias.
Craig McMillan: Craig McMillan has been appointed the New Zealand batting coach for the upcoming tour of the West Indies, which starts later this month. McMillan played 55 Tests and 197 ODIs between 1997 and 2007.
Uttar Pradesh: Thirteen people were on Friday killed and three others seriously injured when a train rammed into a jeep at an unmanned railway crossing in Kothipur area in Maharajganj, Uttar Pradesh.