Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 11, 2014 major events.
- Which among the following country banned import of chilli pepper from India?
- United States
- Saudi Arabia
- Which West Indies cricketer announced his retirement from test matches?
- Darren Bravo
- Chris Gayle
- Marlon Samuels
- Darren Sammy
- Who becomes the second bowler to clinch 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League?
- Dale Steyn
- Amit Mishra
- Ravichandran Ashwin
- Mohit Sharma
- Which among the following country banned animal testing for cosmetic products?
- At least 7 members of a family were killed in landslide in-
- Himachal Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Which among the following political party wants fee policy for private schools?
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Aam Aadmi Party
- Samajwadi Party
- Indian Premier League 2014 final moved from Mumbai to-
- Which country sign pact with Myanmar to share information on insurgents?
- Who has been appointed as consultant to Delhi government?
- Ranjit Sinha
- Subhash Chandra Agrawal
- Durgesh Joshi
- Manpreet Singh
- Who has been won the BMW Open final 2014?
- Martin Klizan
- Albert Ramos
- Nicolás Almagro
- Thomaz Bellucci
Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia, the fifth-largest importer of fresh vegetables from India, has banned the import of Indian chili due to the presence of high pesticide residues in it.
Darren Sammy: Darren Sammy has retired from Test cricket after being replaced as West Indies captain by Denesh Ramdin. The all-rounder has led the Test side since 2010 and led the side to series victories over Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and New Zealand during his spell in charge.
Amit Mishra: After the wicket of Kevin Pietersen, Amit Mishra reached 100 Indian Premier League wickets. Amit Mishra has now become the second bowler to clinch 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League after Lasith Malinga who currently has 114 wickets to his name.
China: China has started the process of stopping animal testing for cosmetic products. Animal testing which was mandatory so far is not required anymore for cosmetic products manufactured in the country. China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) has issued the new rules.
Assam: Seven people, including five children, of a family were killed when their house was destroyed in a massive landslide early on Saturday in Assam’s Karimganj district.
Bharatiya Janata Party: BJP yesterday appealed to LG Najeeb Jung to frame a fees policy for private schools in Delhi to stop them from exploiting parents in the name of development charges, donations and other items.
Bangalore: The Indian Premier League (IPL) Governing Council on Saturday revamped the schedule by taking away all the matches from Chennai while the June 1 final was allotted to Bangalore.
India: After India suspended construction on an internal container port on India-Myanmar border, the two countries this week signed an agreement on border cooperation, promising to exchange information on insurgents and drugs and human trafficking.
Subhash Chandra Agrawal: Lt. Governor of Delhi Najeeb Jung has appointed Right to Information (RTI) activist Subhash Chandra Agrawal as consultant to the Delhi government.
Martin Klizan: Slovakian qualifier Martin Klizan defeated top-seeded Fabio Fognini 2—6, 6—1, 6—2 in the BMW Open final on Sunday for his second ATP World Tour title.