Test and build your general knowledge on current affairs questions with answers based on May 17, 2014 major events.
- Which Indian State’s Chief Minister resigned after result of General Election 2014?
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Supreme Court orders closure of 50% of iron and manganese mines in-
- Tamil Nadu
- Which country’s Cricket Board fined 5 cricketers for participating in unauthorized Twenty20 tournament in US?
- Sri Lanka
- Which political party sweeps all 7 seats of Delhi in General Election 2014?
- Aam Aadmi Party
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Samajwadi Party
- Name the Maharashtra industries minister who recently quit his post?
- Chhagan Bhujbal
- Uddhav Thackeray
- Ajit Pawar
- Narayan Rane
- Which Indian Player recently crashed out of Allam British Open 2014?
- Joshna Chinappa
- Dipika Pallikal
- Nita Tanuja
- Aarti Mehra
- Who has been appointed as new head coach of the United States women’s national team?
- Patricia Palinkas
- Katie Hnida
- Jill Ellis
- Samantha Gordon
- At least 10 were killed and more than 70 injured in serial bomb blasts in-
- Which among the following person to replace Ramnik Ambani in the board of directors of Reliance Industries?
- Dinesh Chautala
- Tina Munim
- Nita Ambani
- Murli Vijay
- Which university scientists create replica of shark skin with 3D Printing?
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Columbia University
- Yale University
Assam: Three-time Chief Minister of Assam, Tarun Gogoi, on Friday has taken responsibility for Congress’ poor performance and announced that he is stepping down. The announcement came in the wake of the election results that shows BJP stealing the show with over 323 seats, a very safe majority.
Odisha: The Supreme Court on Friday ordered closure of 26 iron ore and manganese mines in Odisha to protect the environment. These mines account for nearly 25% of the national production of the two minerals vital for the sector.
Pakistan: The Pakistan Cricket Board fined five of its cricketers $5,000 each on Friday for participating in an unauthorized Twenty20 tournament in the United States. Fawad Alam, Wahab Riaz, Abdul Razzaq, Nasir Jamshed and Shazaib Hasan were each fined 500,000 rupees ($5,000 dollars).
Bharatiya Janta Party: The Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) of Delhi has managed to sweep all the 7 Lok Sabha seats in the National Capital- Delhi in the General Elections of 2014 followed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) at the second position and Indian National Congress (INC) third.
Narayan Rane: Maharashtra industries minister Narayan Rane has resigned from the Congress-NCP government following the defeat of his son Nilesh Rane who was contesting Lok Sabha polls from the Ratnagiri-Sindhudurg seat.
Joshna Chinappa: The Indian challenge in the Allam British Open squash championship ended here on Thursday as Joshna Chinappa lost 1-3 to Joelle King of New Zealand in the quarter-finals.
Jill Ellis: Jill Ellis was named head coach of the squad Friday, five months before qualifying for the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup in Canada begins. Ellis, 47, has been serving as interim head coach since April 6.
Kenya: Two blasts hit Kenya’s capital on Friday, killing 10 people and injuring 70 more in the latest in a string of increasingly frequent terror attacks.
Nita Ambani: The board of directors of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has recommended Nita M Ambani, chairperson of Reliance Foundation and wife of RIL Chairman Mukesh Ambani, be appointed a director on the company’s board in place of Ramnik H Ambani, who is retiring at 90.
Harvard University: Researchers from Harvard University have successfully created a 3D-printed model of shark skin to show the scales help the animal swim. The scientists scanned the animal’s skin and found denticles, teeth-like scales that help sharks move efficiently.