Current Affairs of May 2010 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of May 2010. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking & all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 May 2010
- 6.3 magnitude quake hits Bering Sea.
- Bangkok protest loses country 233 million dollars in tourism revenue.
Current Affairs of 02 May 2010
- NSF chiefs slam government for tenure limit regulation.
- Sports Ministry cuts tenure of Kalmadi, sports federation heads.
- Delhi University panel gave nod for disposal of equipment.
- CBI probes Ajmer terror suspects’ link with Mecca Masjid blast.
Current Affairs of 03 May 2010
- For 2 years, lower rung employee stalled gamma irradiator auction.
- Renault, Bajaj, Nissan agree to price low cost car at $2,500.
- Mehsud claims responsibility for New York bomb plot.
- U.S. apprehensive of Ahmadinejad’s role during NPT deliberations.
Current Affairs of 04 May 2010
- Uproar in Lok Sabha over motormen strike, spectrum issue.
- FDI in food processing sector may touch Rs. 1,200 cr in FY’11.
Current Affairs of 05 May 2010
- Sports Ministry asked to file affidavit on tenure of sports body chiefs.
- Migratory birds ‘have magnetic beaks that help them navigate’.
- Bill in Rajya Sabha for quick disposal of environmental issues.
- Discussion on caste-based census derails as BJP takes on Lalu in Lok Sabha.
Current Affairs of 06 May 2010
- CIL may seal Rs. 7,700 cr in overseas deals this month
- BJP tenders unconditional apology for member’s remarks
- SC upholds Constitutional validity of MPLAD scheme
- ’26/11 Mumbai attacks help New York police to be better prepared’
Current Affairs of 07 May 2010
- Governors can’t be removed at Centre’s whims, says Court.
- Law introduced in US to revoke citizenship of terror suspects.
- RIL gains 3 p.c., RNRL plunges 10 p.c. on SC verdict.
- Centre’s gas pricing policy will prevail, rules Supreme Court.
Current Affairs of 08 May 2010
- US stocks cap a bad week with more losses on euro fears.
- Sensitisation workshop organised on Intellectual Property Rights.
- CPI (M) seeks full probe in Hindutva violence.
- CPI against hefty hike in salaries of MPs.
Current Affairs of 09 May 2010
- Without PAN, foreign IPL cricketers may lose one-fifth of earnings as tax.
- Youth arrested over Delhi Chief Minister threat call.
- Parents locked Nirupama on the day she died, alleges boyfriend’s father.
Current Affairs of 10 May 2010
- Eastern Enviro Care to form venture with Czech company.
- Vedanta buys Anglo American Zinc for $1.3 b.
- RNRL down 5 p.c. as selling continues, RIL up 4.48 p.c.
- German coalition under threat after defeat of Angela Merkel’s allies.
Current Affairs of 11 May 2010
- Government scouting for private partners for civilian plane project.
- Chidambaram rules out use of armed forces against Maoists.
- Delhi CM overrode Home Secretary’s advice on parole for Manu Sharma.
- Qureshi warns of elements that may try to scuttle peace process.
Current Affairs of 12 May 2010
- Food grain output to fall by 7 p.c. despite record wheat crop.
- Air India flights likely to be affected due to cabin crew agitation.
- Keshava Rao to head Telangana Congress to submit views.
- Telangana issue: Srikrishna Committee asks parties to explore alternatives.
- Newspaper executives meet in Beirut called off.
Current Affairs of 13 May 2010
- BCCI to use only the documentary proofs provided to Modi.
- Hideout busted near LoC in Rajouri, arms recovered.
- Bill Gates signs agreement with Bihar to boost health standards.
- Revamp of DRDO planned to make it more accountable.
Current Affairs of 14 May 2010
- Mudiraj community case: no stay atthis stage, says Supreme Court.
- National Fishworkers’ Forum to discuss pre-draft notification on Coastal.
- Hijacked British ship with six Indians freed.
- Constable killed as terrorists strike in Hyderabad old city.
Current Affairs of 15 May 2010
- Manipur businesses closed; women stage mourning protest.
- Madhuri Gupta’s judicial custody extended by 14 days.
- Court defers order on CBI’s move to withdraw Bofors case.
Current Affairs of 16 May 2010
- Sharad Yadav seeks to resolve problems within the JD(U).
- 10 killed in house collapse as dust storm lashes Ghazipur.
- Multi-layer security for Amarnath Yatra.
- Panel set up to look into fudging of muster rolls in NREGA.
Current Affairs of 17 May 2010
- IT, energy sectors can propel exports to $1 trillion by 2020.
- Arab-American wins Miss U.S.A. contest.
- Bangladesh restricts night-time movement along its borders.
Current Affairs of 18 May 2010
- Delhi govt. backs death for Afzal Guru.
- Chidambaram for bipartisan approach by parties to tackle Naxalism.
- Top U.S. intelligence officials in Pakistan for NYC bomb investigation.
Current Affairs of 19 May 2010
- Afzal Guru’s mercy petition sent to Delhi’s Lieutenant-Governor.
- German girls kidnapped in Yemen on their way home.
- Pakistan Army major held for links with Times Square bomber.
Current Affairs of 20 May 2010
- Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal, Orissa on cyclone alert, Laila may re-emerge.
- Kingfisher’s Mumbai-Lucknow flight grounded after bomb scare.
- Ransom for kidnapped woman cleared away by road maintenance team.
- Suspected ETA military leaders captured in France.
Current Affairs of 21 May 2010
- Wipro may expand its Kochi base.
- CAMPCO is all set to boost its choco chips production capacity to 70 tonnes a month.
- Weak ‘Laila’ pulls monsoon along in Bay of Bengal.
- Jharkhand has become theatre of absurd: Murli Manohar Joshi.
Current Affairs of 22 May 2010
- Amnesty asks Orissa to stop excessive use of police force against Adivasis.
- CBSE Class XII exams: Chennai records highest pass percentage again.
- Governor, Chief Minister condole plane crash.
- Hoda appointed as new State Election Commissioner.
- Vice-President to release English translation of Karunanidhi’s literary works.
Current Affairs of 23 May 2010
- Bangkok launches massive cleanup effort, curfew extended.
- 1000 artistes to perform at a unique dance programme.
- State health insurance scheme saved many hearts.
- Consumer forum demands quota for Nagore, Nagapattinam stations.
Current Affairs of 24 May 2010
- Stop hush-hush accord with EU on FTA, demands CPI(M).
- U.S. to seek information on China-Pakistan nuclear deal.
- FICCI wants government to pull out of PDS.
- SBI to expand reach to 50,000 unbanked villages in 2010-11.
- ‘Google, Sony among world’s most reputed companies’.
Current Affairs of 25 May 2010
- 26/11: Tahaliyani raps Azad Nagar officers for ‘cowardice’.
- ONGC in talks with energy giants for tie-up for KG gas block.
- Mukesh Ambani caps salary at Rs. 15 cr; other RIL executives get hike.
Current Affairs of 26 May 2010
- 17 Air India union leaders and staffers sacked for strike.
- Afzal sentence: BJP fears government may bow to rights groups.
- Cabinet Secretary to seek clarification from official on pro-Coke comment.
- 3G haul to have favourable impact on borrowings: Finance Secretary.
Current Affairs of 27 May 2010
- Explosive device recovered from Jammu-Srinagar highway.
- Army to analyse Tribunal verdict on Kargil war officer.
- Pratibha seeks China backing for permanent UNSC seat.
- President Patil meets Wen Jiabao, discusses bilateral issues.
Current Affairs of 28 May 2010
- Railways to halt night running of trains in WB, Orissa.
- U.S. adventurer floats across English Channel with helium balloons.
Current Affairs of 29 May 2010
- High Court cannot order revaluation of answer sheets: Supreme Court.
- Mirwaiz under house arrest, separatists call strike.
- Two US tourists kidnapped in Yemen.
- Zardari ‘disenchanted’ with India’s post-Mumbai handling.
Current Affairs of 30 May 2010
- Mangalore airport runway length to be increased by 1,000 ft.
- Government to enforce checks on airline cost cuts at expense of safety.
- All bodies recovered from Jnaneswari mishap site, toll 148.
- Driver’s negligence resulted in the mishap: Transport Minister.
- Gujarat Governor seeks report on communal hoardings.
Current Affairs of 31 May 2010
- Turkey warns Israeli attack may have ‘irreversible consequences’.
- Over 3 lakh saplings to be distributed under Haritha Keralam project.
- History Association to partake in World Classical Tamil meet.
- Air India flight plunges 5,000 feet after hitting air pocket; inquiry ordered.