Current Affairs of May 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of May 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 May 2011
- 155 cases booked as govt cracks down again on mining trucks.
- AGP pledges to root out graft if it comes to power in Dispur.
- Bitter truth: Recession takes juice out of alphonso in UK.
- Minister assures to solve Wani residents’ issue in 3 months.
Current Affairs of 02 May 2011
- Ketamine worth Rs 45 lakh seized at Tiruchi airport.
- BSP leader held for 2008 clash at law college.
- Clash of exams: It’ll be AIEEE versus Comed-K on May 8.
Current Affairs of 03 May 2011
- Singer-composer Avadhoot Gupte mesmerized audiences with his mellifluous renditions of Swabhimaan geets on Maharashtra Day in Nagpur.
- Mumbai’s next development plan may be ready by 2016.
Current Affairs of 04 May 2011
- Varsa and Rajni celebrated 18th anniversary party at a newly opened discotheque situated near the SG Highway in Ahmedabad.
- Nitin and Nidhi Agrawal threw a grand birthday party for their son Divit in Nagpur.
- Radhika Chari partying hard on her 18th birthday with her friends and cousins at Bottleneck.
Current Affairs of 05 May 2011
- President of the club Jasbir Singh Bhatia organized a party on the occassion of Baisakhi in Kanpur.
- CSK vs RR: Chennai Super Kings thrash Rajasthan Royals by 8 wickets.
- 26/11 co-accused Tahawwur Hussain Rana arraigned in Chicago court.
- Students learn intricacies of journalism at Times NIE summer programme.
- Ramdev announces anti-graft crusade, to go on indefinite fast from June 4.
Current Affairs of 06 May 2011
- Modern version of Mughal-E-Azam and party organized by members of a prominent club in Kanpur.
- Parents worried over exam correction as teachers work across subjects.
- Indian students win RoboCup Singapore Open 2011.
- 11 cartridges at ex-DGP’s house, former owner summoned.
Current Affairs of 07 May 2011
- Aavin issued showcause notice for flouting safety normas at Sholinganallur dairy.
- MI vs DD: Stopping Sehwag will be Mumbai Indians’ top priority.
- SC sends contempt notice to Subroto Roy for alleged interference in 2G probe.
- CBI team to visit Mauritius next week to probe money trail in 2G scam.
- NGOs engaged in producing news programmes barred from receiving foreign contributions.
Current Affairs of 08 May 2011
- FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) organized an award function to honour ‘Women of Excellence’ at a leading star hotel.
- KKR vs CSK: Rain gain for Kolkata Knight Riders against Chennai Super Kings.
Current Affairs of 09 May 2011
- Missing woman found dead in Pudhupakkam Lake; police suspect murder.
- Learning with the Times: Endosulfan has chronic adverse effects on humans.
- RCB vs KTK: Bangalore jump to third spot in points table after crushing Kochi.
- Another 10% degree seats reserved for engineering diploma holders.
Current Affairs of 10 May 2011
- Bigiwigs of the city trooped in to bless Dr Ruchi Mishra and Dr Ashutosh Sharma on their wedding ceremony.
- Over 27,000 film scripts at NFAI now at the click of a button.
- Metro takes a backbench when it comes to school board exams.
- IIT staffer found dead in pool on Powai campus.
Current Affairs of 11 May 2011
- Young professionals enjoy at a high profile event organised at a city hotel in Ahmedabad.
- Congress dissidents claim show cause notices issued for complaining to AICC.
- Beat heat with home remedies this summer: PAU scientists.
- JDA selects Sanjose-Supreme for Rs 1100 cr Ring road project.
- 3 I-T officials to be transferred for demanding bribe from JSW.
Current Affairs of 12 May 2011
- Google announces Chromebook, to be available from June 15.
- Narmada canal: Govt to pay more for acquiring land from farmers.
- City’s graphic designer makes logo for Delhi leather firm.
- Taluka committee meet on vector borne diseases held in Mapusa.
Current Affairs of 13 May 2011
- Fashion show ‘Impressions – Colours of Rajasthan 2011’ organized by students of a private university in Jaipur.
- 18 students from Tiruchi NIT secure admissions in IIMs.
- High rates, delayed approvals, corruption hit new investments.
- Social activists, NGOs divided over Hazare’s visit.
- Indian agencies had inputs showing Osama was in Pakistan custody since 2002.
Current Affairs of 14 May 2011
- TCS rejigs top management of UK unit.
- Day 2: Monnet Men’s Boxing Championship offers enthralling action.
- UN climate change panel refuses to correct `mistakes’ in Cancun pact.
- SC reverses disqualification of 16 Karnataka MLAs.
Current Affairs of 15 May 2011
- Tannishtha Chatterjee to work with Sunny Deol.
- Don’t be afraid to make wrong choices, ex-ISRO chief.
- Class XI science students ready for semester system.
- Empty nest syndrome: Elderly couple committed suicide in Jivraj Park.
- Finally, a clear view for radar at city airport.
Current Affairs of 16 May 2011
- Assam’s man of the moment who planned Congress triumph.
- Peace moves gain ground in Ayodhya after Supreme Court stay.
- Proxy women candidates have a field day in reserved wards.
- Residents want municipality on Gurgaon lines to deal with civic mess.
Current Affairs of 17 May 2011
- Senior students of Tirpude College Department of Management Studies and Research party hard before exams in Nagpur.
- Loliem-Pollem gram sabha rocked by mobile tower issue.
- The second spot may well be a launching pad for the DMDK.
- FIR against 5 SFD officials in Rs 2.89 crores scam.
Current Affairs of 18 May 2011
- A fun birthday bash of Shilpa and Mahesh Maloo’s daughter Shailey in Nagpur.
- Dum Maaro Dum” themed party at a city discotheque organized by prominent club in Kanpur.
- Army move to close road for traffic irks motorists in St Thomas Mount.
- Madras Christian College is a living lab for students zoology, botany and just anything.
Current Affairs of 19 May 2011
- Art lovers gather to appreciate the works displayed at this leading art gallery in Ahmedabad.
- NID student designs electric shop on wheels for disabled people.
Valuables worth Rs 10.5L stolen in two burglaries.
- Patrolling along rly tracks stepped up to check stone pelting.
Current Affairs of 20 May 2011
- Glamourous farewell party organised for final year students of fashion designing in Nagpur.
- Suicide helplines abuzz as exams, results fear take toll on students.
- Barely 1.5% make it to medical colleges via CET.
Current Affairs of 21 May 2011
- World renowned stunt masters perform free style biking, globe trotting mountain biking and BMX biking in Pune.
- Traffic police ask NHAI to take measures to prevent mishaps.
- Akashdeep helps ONGC smoke out IOC in Aga Khan hockey.
- Rs 353 cr allocated for tribals, coastal districts; TRS sees bias.
Current Affairs of 22 May 2011
- Margao blasts case: Accused seek transfer of cases to other court.
- OFB to introduce assault rifles with interchangeable barrel.
- Top four slots of IPL 4 booked; Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai in playoffs.
- Toll staff thrash youth, held4 toll naka staffers arrested for assaults.
Current Affairs of 23 May 2011
- Stormy Delhi forces 10 international flights to land in Ahmedabad.
- Five airlines tie up with pvt groundhandling agency at Chennai airport.
- Mixed reactions from stakeholders to Uncertainty over Samacheer Kalvi.
Current Affairs of 24 May 2011
- Delhi police announce Rs 50k reward for clues in Shobhit murder case.
- Naval base attack: Big blow to Pakistan’s snooping capabilities.
- Asian Grand Prix: Silver for Ram as Antil settles for bronze.
Current Affairs of 25 May 2011
- Jayalalithaa helps woman who sliced off tongue to celebrate her poll victory.
- Kalakshetra Road residents allege water is contaminated, demand action.
- Models sashayed down the ramp in style showcasing themed collections of budding designers in Lucknow.
- MLA suggests 76km tunnel to bring water from MP to Upper Wardha.
Current Affairs of 26 May 2011
- Students of a prominent city school party hard as they come with with flying colours after Class XII Board exams.
- PIL seeks representation of women/ SC/ ST in Lokpal panel.
- Wrongfully held, diplomat’s daughter sues NY for $1.5m.
- Riots probe panel intentionally delaying report: Minister.
- H&TE dept eyes land in Pune-Mumbai belt for IIIT project.
Current Affairs of 27 May 2011
- Ex-minister Ramadhar Singh forwarded to 14 days’ judicial remand.
- CIA team to examine Osama bin Laden compound in Abbottabad.
- NAC suggests setting up of Nutrition Mission to integrate child care schemes.
Current Affairs of 28 May 2011
- IPL 4 final: Gayle-led Royal Challengers take on consistent Super Kings.
- Board chairperson counsels students on helpline all through the day.
- 3,000 applications for caste validity certificates pending in Pune.
- Non-functional dialysis machines cause hardship to patients in GMC.
Current Affairs of 29 May 2011
- Chennai Super Kings beat Royal Challengers Bangalore to win IPL 4.
- Awards’ ceremonies postponed as BBSM announces boycott.
- Bikers snatch purse from 50-yr-old woman in DLF-I.
- India may approach NY court to prove ISI as terror group.
- India to add to `blue-water’ warfare punch with two new stealth frigates.
Current Affairs of 30 May 2011
- Raj Nagar slum dwellers to protest against Fire College eviction notice.
- At 359 metres, rail bridge over Chenab will be world’s highest.
- National award-winning film on Indian Ocean shot by an Amdavadi.
- AC/DC conversion of rakes to improve CR’s speed, services.
Current Affairs of 31 May 2011
- PCMC promises action against guilty officials in shoes purchase irregularities.
- CFC witnesses sudden rush for domicile, other certificates.
- Govt may stop acquisition of land beyond project requirement.
- GHMC panel polls: 4 Cong rebel corporators withdraw nominations.