Current Affairs of May 2013 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of May 2013. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 May 2013:
- Chennai Super Kings beat Pune Warriors by 37 runs.
- China pips US to become world’s biggest PC market.
- Amul hikes milk price by Rs. 2 per litre in Delhi/NCR from today.
- Non-subsidized domestic cooking gas cylinders price down by Rs 54.
- Reserve Bank of India may cut repo rate by 25 basis points.
- 5 car bombs kill 36 in Shiite areas across Iraq.
Current Affairs of 02 May 2013:
- Turkish Airlines bans bright lipstick on hostesses.
- 5.8-magnitude earthquake hits north India, kills 2 in Jammu and 70 injured.
- Supreme Court upholds 51% FDI in multi-brand retail.
- Delhi Daredevils defeat Kolkata Knight Riders by seven wickets.
- Delhi Government raised Auto, Taxi fares by 25% in delhi from today.
- George Bailey appointed as new vice-captain for ICC Champions Trophy.
Current Affairs of 03 May 2013:
- Chris Kelly, Kris Kross rapper, dies at 34 in Atlanta hospital.
- Tapan Kumar Basak appointed as new Executive Director of PRPC.
- PV Sindhu enter the semi final of Malaysia Grand Prix Gold.
- Chennai Super Kings beat Kings XI Punjab by 15 runs.
Current Affairs of 04 May 2013:
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Rajasthan Royals by 8 wickets.
- Power tariff hiked by 1.5% in Delhi.
- P V Sindhu enter the final of Malaysia Grand Prix Gold badminton tournament.
- Kerala’s Haritha V Kumar tops Civil Services Examination 2012.
- RBI cuts repo rate by 25 basis points to 7.25%, holds CRR.
Current Affairs of 05 May 2013:
- Miley Cyrus named hottest female celebrity.
- James Dobbins appointed as Washington’s new special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Odisha Chief Minister announces free medicine facilities at government hospitals.
- P.V Sindhu clinched the Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold Title.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Delhi Daredevils by 6 wickets.
Current Affairs of 06 May 2013:
- LeBron James named National Basketball Association most valuable player.
- British deputy speaker Nigel Evans held for gay rape.
- Zimbabwe beat Bangladesh by 6 wickets in the second ODI.
- Rajasthan Royals defeat Pune Warriors by 5 wickets.
Current Affairs of 07 May 2013:
- Prakash Chand appointed as new Executive Director BHEL.
- Veteran journalist Profulla Chandra Borua dies at 75.
- President Pranab Mukherjee Presents 60th National Film Awards.
- Kings XI Punjab beat Royal Challengers by six wickets.
- Reliance Communications raises mobile call rates by up to 30 percent.
Current Affairs of 08 May 2013:
- Indian-origin Ivan Menezes appointed as new CEO of Diageo.
- Mumbai Indians beat Kolkata Knight Riders by 65 runs.
- Novak Djokovic crushed out of Madrid Open in second round.
- Duke Researchers Create a DIY Invisibility Cloak Using a 3D Printer.
Current Affairs of 09 May 2013:
- Congress wins Karnataka elections after 14 years.
- Chennai Super Kings thrash Sunrisers Hyderabad by 77 runs.
- Zaka Ashraf appointed as new chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- Tamil Nadu government banned production, sale of gutka, pan masala.
- Kerala Board’s class 12th results announced.
Current Affairs of 10 May 2013:
- Rajasthan Royals beat Kings XI Punjab by 8 wickets.
- Amy Hood becomes first female to be appointed as Microsoft finance chief officer.
- Britain government introduce a new legislation that will make forced marriages punishable.
- Gulshan Rai appointed as new cyber security chief of India.
- Aston Villa skipper Stiliyan Petrov quits football.
- Italian luxury knitwear legend Ottavio Missoni dies at 92.
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan declares 50% seats for women.
Current Affairs of 11 May 2013:
- Rail Minister and Law Minister quits over corruption charges.
- Siddaramaiah appointed as new Chief Minister of Karnataka, to take oath on Monday.
- Diesel costlier by Re 1 per litre from Saturday.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore beat Delhi Daredevils by 4 runs.
Current Affairs of 12 May 2013:
- Kapil Sibal to get additional charge of Law, Joshi gets Railway Ministry.
- Nawaz Sharif declares victory in Pakistan elections.
- Wigan beat Manchester City To Win FA Cup.
- Two Indian teenagers awarded with Thiel fellowship 2013.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Kings XI Punjab by 30 runs to remain in the play-offs race.
Current Affairs of 13 May 2013:
- Nawaz back as PM in Paks first government change via ballot.
- Siddaramaiah to take oath as 22nd Karnataka Chief Minister today.
- Serena Williams beats Maria Sharapova to win Madrid Open.
- Rafael Nadal claims 5th title of the year.
- Poovamma wins gold, India bagged 12 medals in the Asian Grand Prix.
- Kolkata Knight Riders beat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 5 wickets.
Current Affairs of 14 May 2013:
- Photographer Jagdish Mali passes away.
- Rajgopal Nogja appointed as new COO of Hindustan Construction Company.
- Abhinav Bindra’s name recommended for Bharat Ratna.
- Mumbai Indians beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 7 wickets.
- Retail inflation eases to 9.39% in April.
Current Affairs of 15 May 2013:
- Riaz H Khokhar will be Pakistan’s new ambassador to the United States.
- Islamic scholar Asghar Ali Engineer passes away at 73.
- Safdarjung Hospital residential doctors go on strike again.
- Vodafone launched International roaming pack offering over 90% discount.
- Chennai Super Kings beat Delhi Daredevils by 33 runs.
- No entrance test for Bachelor of Arts in journalism.
Current Affairs of 16 May 2013:
- Mittu Chandilya appointed as new CEO of Air Asia India.
- Arunachal Pradesh missing from Maharashtra Board textbooks.
- Direct Benefit Transfer scheme on LPG in 20 districts from June.
- Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals by 14 runs.
- Finance Minister approves 8.5% interest on provident fund deposits for 2012-13.
Current Affairs of 17 May 2013:
- Football Icon David Beckham announced his retirement.
- Daniel I. Werfel appointed as new acting chief of Internal Revenue Service.
- S Sreesanth & 2 other cricketers arrested for IPL spot fixing.
- UK scientists have found a way to make 3D images without camera.
- Only 4 student scored more than 50% marks in civil services.
Current Affairs of 18 May 2013:
- Dhanraj Choudhary first Indian to be on ITTF executive board.
- Former Argentine dictator Videla dies in prison at the age of 87.
- Tomas Berdych beat Novak Djokovic to reach the semifinals of the Rome Masters.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad beat Rajasthan Royals by 23 runs.
- United State scientists created first cloned human embryo.
Current Affairs of 19 May 2013:
- Raha Moharrak become the first Saudi Arabian woman to scale the Mount Everest.
- France became the 14th country to legalize same-sex marriage.
- Hoyer Larsen appointed as new president of Badminton World Federation.
- Kings XI Punjab beat Mumbai Indians by 50 runs.
- India women win bronze in Archery World Cup in Shanghai.
Current Affairs of 20 May 2013:
- Samina Baig has become the first Pakistani woman to scale Mount Everest.
- Bhartiya Janta Party appointed Amit Shah in-charge of Uttar Pradesh.
- Deepika Kumari bags two silver, India finish fourth in Archery World Cup.
- Serena Williams beats Victoria Azarenka to win Rome title.
- Rafael Nadal beat Roger Federer to win the Italian Open Title.
- Pune Warriors India beat Delhi Daredevils by 38 runs.
Current Affairs of 21 May 2013:
- Kerala athlete KT Neena qualifies for World Youth Championships.
- P.K. Jain appointed as new Director (Marketing) of MMTC Limited.
- Congress removes Uttar Pradesh all 8 zonal chiefs, names new ones.
- Free treatment for acid, sexual attack victims in Gujarat hospitals.
- Ginger compounds may be effective in treating asthma symptoms.
- Scientists found Video games may boost heart health in kids.
Current Affairs of 22 May 2013:
- Oklahoma tornado kills at least 24 people and 200 injured.
- The Doors co-founder Ray Manzarek dies at 74.
- Arunima Sinha becomes first Indian amputee to scale Mount Everest.
- Former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala gets 6 weeks bail for surgery.
- TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai for IPL Spot-fixing.
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians by 48 runs to reach IPL 6 final.
- General Motors India to hike diesel vehicle prices by up to Rs 10000 from June.
Current Affairs of 23 May 2013:
- K.J. Sengupta appointed as new chief justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court.
- Sanjay Dutt moved to Pune’s Yerwada jail.
- Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy gets UN award for ‘Mass Contact Programme’.
- Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 4 wickets to face Mumbai Indians in Qualifier 2.
- BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully test-fired.
Current Affairs of 24 May 2013:
- Japanese Mountaineer Yuichiro Miura becomes oldest man to climb Mount Everest.
- At least 12 killed, 17 injured as bomb hits security vehicle in Pakistan.
- East Bengal clinched Calcutta Football League title.
- State Bank of India Quarter 4 net profit drop to 18.54% at Rs 3,299 crore.
Current Affairs of 25 May 2013:
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested in IPL betting case.
- Etienne Benet appioned as new managing director of Nestle India.
- Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals by 4 wickets to enter the final of IPL 6.
Current Affairs of 26 May 2013:
- R K Mathur appointed as the New Defence Secretary.
- Amitabh Choudhary retains Jharkhand State Cricket Association President’s post.
- Veteran playback singer TM Soundararajan passes away.
- Journalist and author Haynes Johnson dies at age 81.
Current Affairs of 27 May 2013:
- Mother Dairy hikes milk prices up to Rs 3 per litre from today.
- Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs to lift maiden IPL title.
- Scientists discovered new reason why humans began walking on two feet.
- Sudha Sharma to be appointed as new head of Central Board of Direct Taxes.
Current Affairs of 28 May 2013:
- Sachin Tendulkar retires from Indian Premier League.
- CBSE class XII results declared, again girls leave boys behind.
- Reserve Bank of India imposes restrictions on bank loans against gold.
- Housing prices increased marginally by an average 1.1% in top 20 major cities.
Current Affairs of 29 May 2013:
- Islamabad high court suspends Ashraf as Pakistan Cricket Board chairman.
- Kushal Singh appointed as new chairperson of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
- Dr. V.K. Saraswat honoured with Aryabhatta award.
- Jamjang Deru wins three medals in Asian Youth Weightlifting Championship.
Current Affairs of 30 May 2013:
- Taliban No 2 Wali ur-Rehman reported dead in US drone strike.
- Civil society activist Aruna Roy has quit the National Advisory Council.
- Mumbai mulls mannequin bikini ban to curb sex crime.
- LPG subsidy to be credited directly in bank accounts from June 1.
Current Affairs of 31 May 2013:
- Justice Kaul appointed as new chief justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court.
- India’s Bilal Habib wins UNESCO’s young scientist award 2013.
- Bengali filmmaker Rituparno Ghosh passes away at age of 49 in Kolkata.
- Scientists discovered a chicken-sized flying dinosaur in China.