Current Affairs of November 2009 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of November 2009. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 November 2009
- 11 killed, over 20 hurt in train-truck smash in Uttar Pradesh.
- U.K. to shake up banking, hundreds of branches for sale.
- Supreme Court: Goverment can regulate recruitments in minority institutions.
- Seven suspected militants killed in Manipur encounter.
Current Affairs of 02 November 2009
- TULF leader seeks CM’s help in solving ethnic issue.
- Centre issues directive for implementation of NREGS in naxal belt.
- SC judges finalise assets details, to be made public soon.
- Take oath in Marathi or face action, Raj warns all MLAs.
- Bangladesh Cabinet approves law to return confiscated property of Hindus.
Current Affairs of 03 November 2009
- Bangladesh Cabinet approves law to return vested property to minorities.
- Congress-NCP will be together in government: MPCC chief.
- Masjid demolition an act of religious fanaticism: Chidambaram.
- HRW asks Indian Govt. to punish those involved in 1984 Sikh riots.
- Saudi launches campaign to make Haj tobacco free.
Current Affairs of 04 November 2009
- Foundation for 700 MWe indigenous reactors in December.
- Agni-II may be launched tomorrow.
Current Affairs of 05 November 2009
- NPCIL to start building 2 PHWRs of 700 MWe in Gujarat by December-end.
- Centre offers Rs. 300 cr. to West Bengal for tiger conservation.
- Conform to legislation on teacher training, Sibal tells West Bengal.
- Saudi Arabia beheads one Indian, two Sri Lankans for murder.
Current Affairs of 06 November 2009
- Left demands reversal of Govt’s decision to divest PSU stakes.
- Eco sleuths use DNA bar-coding to nail poachers, map species.
- Jammu and Kashmir government allocates funds for sports infrastructure development.
- Indo-French deal gives assurance for lifetime supply of nuclear fuel for French reactors.
Current Affairs of 07 November 2009
- CSIR asks sacked Indian American scientist to vacate house.
- 65 p.c. polling in West Bengal by-elections.
- Over 60 p.c. turnout in Assembly by-polls; 53 p.c. in Firozabad LS.
- Suspected Maoists gun down three in Lalgarh hours before CM’s visit.
Current Affairs of 08 November 2009
- Fannie Mae seeks claims worth $ 15.8 billion from Lehman Brothers.
- India will be under pressure to maintain record: Sangakkara.
- Maharashtra Govt. to sell sugar, palm oil at subsidised rates.
- Bajaj Auto aim for 27 p.c. market share in motorcycles.
Current Affairs of 09 November 2009
- IP rights create a secure environment for investment in innovation.
- UNIFEM launches platform to end violence against women.
- Counting for by-polls to Firozabad, 31 Assembly seats on Tuesday.
- Attack on students, uranium sale to dominate Rudd’s Indian visit.
Current Affairs of 10 November 2009
- Climate Vulnerable Forum emphasizes on green economic development.
- Wipro eyes acquisition in BPO space.
- Andhra Bank, BoB and L & G insurance venture gets final nod.
- Congress gains simple majority in Haryana Assembly.
Current Affairs of 11 November 2009
- Rain claims first day’s play between Sri Lanka and President’s XI.
- Headley case: India advises U.S. investigators on lines to probe.
- Obama to meet national security team on AfPak today.
- China’s fighter jets for Pakistan.
- Seven panchayats in Kerala to be upgraded as municipalities.
Current Affairs of 12 November 2009
- 4 children die in China school canteen collapses as snow continues.
- Mayawati hails Delhi Metro’s maiden journey into Noida.
- Akhilesh ready to accept any challenge from Rahul Gandhi.
- Obama fails to resuscitate the Middle East peace process.
- MCA to refund ticket prices for abandoned match.
Current Affairs of 13 November 2009
- Oil creeps above $77 amid US demand concerns.
- Domestic call centre market seen at $6.8 bn by 2013.
- IT department summons Union Bank CMD in connection with Koda’s case.
- EIA nod must for construction projects over 20,000 sqm.
- Obama, Manmohan in Dawood, Osama company in Forbes list.
Current Affairs of 14 November 2009
- Pakistan’s Mumbai attack case: hearing rescheduled for Monday.
- Fort Hood shooter might have had links to militants in Pakistan.
- SAARC meet for strengthening administrative mechanism.
- Chandigarh Bench of the Armed Forces Tribunal inaugurated
Current Affairs of 15 November 2009
- Delhi to have ‘cultural notice boards’ ahead of Commonwealth Games.
- Discrepancies in information on mining leases given to Karnataka Minister.
- In China, Obama’s popularity challenges race stereotypes.
- Hasina to visit India on Dec 18; anti-terror pact on cards.
Current Affairs of 16 November 2009
- Kakodkar confident of meeting 2020 target of nuclear power generation.
- Obama Administration seeks “assurance” on NPT from India.
- SC refuses to quash PIL against Mayawati in Taj corridor scam.
- Bharat Forge plans Rs 50,000-cr investment in power sector.
Current Affairs of 17 November 2009
- Women Commission gives clean chit to Air India pilot in molestation case.
- Regional development, connectivity hit by cross-border terrorism.
- Indian-origin South Africans search for their roots.
Current Affairs of 18 November 2009
- Resolution on Manmohan’s state visit to be taken up today.
- Court gives 58 days extension to file indictment against Rana.
- Centre in talks with Jharkhand, Orissa on ArcelorMittal, Posco projects.
- Govt has power to regulate gas distribution in public interest.
- U.S. tells Pak to act and show results on 26/11 trial.
Current Affairs of 19 November 2009
- Mahindra Satyam close to finalising payback deal on Geelong project.
- Jharkhand polls: Rice, wheat for Re 1, says BJP manifesto.
- UN commission probing Bhutto’s assassination meets Musharraf.
Current Affairs of 20 November 2009
- Dell Q3 profit dips 54% despite better sales in China and India.
- US conducts counter terrorism course for Indian security forces.
- Pranab to hold talks with party leaders on sugarcane policy.
- India, U.S. trying to close differences on nuclear deal ahead of PM’s visit.
- 2 killed, 47 injured as train derails after Maoists blast tracks.
Current Affairs of 21 November 2009
- BSNL commercially launches 3G mobile services in Chennai.
- MP Govt. seeks court permission to open Union Carbide factory for public.
- Indian NGO conducts free eye-surgeries on 9000 Nigerians.
- Jethmalani’s remarks on Wahabism prompt Saudi envoy to walk out of meet.
Current Affairs of 22 November 2009
- Ban Ki-moon welcomes Sri Lanka’s decision to grant freedom to refugees.
- Italian police explain how VOIP was used on 26/11.
- China mine blast toll rises to 87.
- Boost to intelligence sharing, countering terror likely during Manmohan’s U.S. visit.
Current Affairs of 23 November 2009
- Manmohan signals expansion of liberalisation policies, calls for American investment.
- India conducts first night-trial of nuclear-capable Agni-II ballistic missile.
- Astronaut’s baby daughter born as he circles Earth.
- SBI Mutual Fund announces 50 pc dividend for Magnum Balanced Fund.
Current Affairs of 24 November 2009
- Jethmalani asks Karnataka Government to hand over mining cases to CBI.
- Liberhan suggests setting up of tribunal or regulatory body to control press.
- Manmohan against coalition forces’ pre-mature exit from Afghanistan.
Current Affairs of 25 November 2009
- Government cornered in RS on commonwealth games preparations.
- India, US to set up framework for enhancing economic cooperation.
- India, U.S. call for credible steps to eliminate safe havens for terrorists.
Current Affairs of 26 November 2009
- Liberhan panel’s list of culpable officials: most are retired, 2 dead,
- U.S. help sought to set up National Environmental Protection Authority,
- Congress wins 13 posts of chairmen in civic polls in Rajasthan
Current Affairs of 27 November 2009
- Chennai students in Indian youth delegation at Copenhagen.
- Post-26/11, Saurashtra coastal security still found wanting.
- RBI to ask banks to furnish exposure details in Dubai World.
- IAEA censures Iran; asks to halt uranium enrichment.
- After China, India considers setting emissions intensity target.
Current Affairs of 28 November 2009
- Nepal cabinet to meet near Everest to highlight climate change.
- India for emission cut target with equitable burden-sharing.
- U.K., France against ‘double standards’ in fight against terror.
Current Affairs of 29 November 2009
- Heated exchanges likely in Parliament over debate on Liberhan report.
- Youngster immolates himself; Students clash with police after KCR’s arrest.
- Nuclear experts probing radiation-contaminated water at Kaiga.
- Senior IAS officer commits suicide, Opposition demands CBI probe.
Current Affairs of 30 November 2009
- PM hopes US will get India official nuclear power state status.
- Obama pushes Pak to deliver, warns against using militants for strategy.
- BJP not to field leaders indicted by Liberhan in Parliamentary debate.
- BJP demands high-level inquiry against Ashok Chavan.