Current Affairs of November 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of November 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 November 2011:
- Mirchpur killings: Three convicts get life term.
- Spot fixing: UK court may give its verdict today.
- Brace for petrol price hike of Rs.1.80/litre.
- Dhoni, Abhinav Bindra get honorary rank of Lt Col.
Current Affairs of 02 November 2011:
- WHO: Medical bills pushing Indians below poverty line.
- Pakistan woman issued Indian voter ID card by mistake.
- Paswan goes all out to promote son’s film.
- 2 held for planting bomb on Advani’s yatra route.
- Anti-capitalists hold protest march in France ahead of G20 summit.
- Digvijaya advises Centre on supply quota.
Current Affairs of 03 November 2011:
- The Income Tax Department on Thursday conducted searches at the premises of prominent industrialist Gautam Singhania in Mumbai and in Delhi over alleged tax evasion. — Nov 03, Hindustan Times.
- Obama bumped Chinese President Hu Jintao from the No. 1 spot on the magazine’s annual rankings to the third place with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin taking the second position. — Nov 03, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 04 November 2011:
- The Kerala high court today said central and state governments cannot “wash their hands” off and directed the Indian Oil Corporation and Reliance Petroleum to produce their balance sheets and quarterly reports before it in three weeks. Petrol price up by Rs 1.82 — Nov 04, Hindustan Times.
- Pakistan on Friday said it is not taking any “U-turn” on normalising trade relations with India and granting the MFN status is a part of that process. — Nov 04, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 05 November 2011:
- Pakistan envoy denies U-turn on MFN status to India.
- BCCI opposes Sports Bill, writes to ministry.
- 2G: Kanimozhi moves Delhi HC for bail.
Current Affairs of 06 November 2011:
- Former president APJ Abdul Kalam today visited the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP) in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu and said the plant was totally safe and a “boon to the people”. — Nov 06, Hindustan Times.
- An asteroid larger than an aircraft carrier will dart between the Earth and Moon on Tuesday. It will be the closest encounter by such a huge space rock in 35 years. — Nov 06, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 07 November 2011:
- In a major setback for the Centre’s ambitious nuclear plant project, villagers protesting against the Kudankulam nuclear plant have refused to accept former president Kalam’s endorsement of the project. — Nov 07, Hindustan Times.
- Former Pakistan president Pervez Musharraf has said that the country’s nuclear weapons are very hard targets and can never be attacked by the United States. — Nov 07, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 08 November 2011:
- Logjam over the Kudankulam nuclear plant continued today as talks between representatives of protesters and the central and state expert panels over the plant’s safety concerns failed to reach any conclusions despite APJ Kalam’s intervention, reports said. — Nov 08, Hindustan Times.
- Former Libyan dictator Col Muammar Gaddafi scavenged for food and fled from one abandoned house to another during his desperate final days in his hometown of Sirte, one of his top security officials has revealed. — Nov 08, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 09 November 2011:
- A special trial court today acquitted 42 of 73 accused in Sardarpura massacre case in which 33 people were burnt to death on March 1, 2002 post Godhara communal riots in Gujarat. — Nov 09, Hindustan Times.
- The head of the International Monetary Fund warned on Wednesday that Europe’s debt crisis risked plunging the global economy into a “lost decade” and said it was up to rich nations to shoulder the burden of restoring growth and confidence. — Nov 09, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 10 November 2011:
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and US president Barrack Obama are to meet on the sidelines of the ASEAN summit at Bali on November 18, the White House announced on Wednesday. — Nov 10, Hindustan Times.
- Ahead of the two important summits in the Asia Pacific region in the next 10 days, the White House made it intentions clear that US will continue to be a strong power in the region and work with key regional partners in this regard. Manmohan, Obama to meet in Bali — Nov 10, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 11 November 2011:
- Raking up the issue of RSS-Team Anna “nexus”, Congress leader Digvijaya Singh on Friday alleged that Mohan Bhagwat, Anna Hazare and Govindacharya are “contradicting” one another over the issue. — Nov 11, Hindustan Times.
- China’s campaign to stifle dissenters such as artist Ai Weiwei through secret detentions could come cloaked in a thicker veneer of legality if proposed crime law changes go through, a prominent rights advocacy group said on Thursday. — Nov 11, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 12 November 2011:
- NRHM sacks coordinating NGO for bad performance.
- Anticipatory bail of accused in 30-yr-old murder case confirmed.
- Zak launches fashion brand ‘Sher Singh’.
- Mafia controls 90 % of Delhi autos.
- Head of Poundarikapuram Ashramam passes away.
Current Affairs of 13 November 2011:
- Lok adalat settles 2508 cases, awards 1.03cr damages to accident victims.
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi resigns.
- CVC credits Anna for govt’s graft reforms.
- Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar meets Antony, discusses AFSPA.
- Battle of brains for top honour in the quiz finals.
Current Affairs of 14 November 2011:
- Rajat Gupta, former McKinsey head and founder of the Indian School of Business in Hyderabad, pleaded not-guilty to the charges of insider trading that could put him in jail for life, if proven true. HT reports. — Nov 14, Hindustan Times.
- Two Russians and an American on Monday blasted off for the International Space Station (ISS) on a Russian rocket from Russia’s Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan, an AFP correspondent said. — Nov 14, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 15 November 2011:
- Only a division can solve the problems and remove the inherent imbalances in the state, Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati said. — Nov 15, Hindustan Times.
- British Prime Minister David Cameron has reportedly impersonated the Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard during his annual foreign policy speech in London. — Nov 15, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 16 November 2011:
- Issuing notice to CBI, Justice Shali also asked the probe agency to file a status report by December 1, the date on which the bail pleas of other five accused including Kanimozhi are also slated for hearing. — Nov 16, Hindustan Times.
- A salvo of missiles fired by US drones destroyed a Pakistani Taliban base today, killing up to 18 militants in Pakistan’s tribal badlands on the Afghan border, officials said. — Nov 16, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 17 November 2011:
- Team Anna today demanded that Citizen’s Charter, specifying a time limit on government departments for providing services, should be included in the Lokpal Bill as it will help the common people to get their work done. — Nov 17, Hindustan Times.
- Julian Assange’s mother has joined protesters in Australia’s capital demanding the government oppose a possible U.S. extradition of her son in a WikiLeaks investigation. — Nov 17, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 18 November 2011:
- Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was so scared of a military coup after Osama bin Laden’s death that he was ready to create a “new security team” favourable to Americans and promised the US to hand over Pak-based 26/11 perpetrators including those from its intelligence agency to India. — Nov 18, Hindustan Times.
- US President Barack Obama said today there were “flickers of progress” towards democratic reform in Myanmar and opened the door to a new US relationship with the long-isolated country. — Nov 18, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 19 November 2011:
- Former telecom minister Sukhram was today awarded five years imprisonment by a Delhi court after being convicted of taking Rs three lakhs as bribe to give a lucrative contract to a private firm in 1996. — Nov 19, Hindustan Times.
- The Inter-Services Intelligence agency “conclusively authenticated” the delivery of a secret memorandum purportedly sent by Pakistan’s civilian leadership to the former US military chief before army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani raised the matter with President Asif Ali Zardari. — Nov 19, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 20 November 2011:
- Pictures of Aishwarya Rai and her newborn baby girl have been doing the rounds on the internet. However, Ash’s father-in-law, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and her husband, Abhishek Bachchan have claimed the pictures to be fake. — Nov 20, Hindustan Times.
- If Pakistan’s telecom regulator has its way, millions of mobile phone users may be unable to send text messages with “offensive” and “obscene” words like crap, damn, hobo, flatulence, gay, lesbian and slime from Monday. — Nov 20, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 21 November 2011:
- The 30-share benchmark BSE index and the 50-share Nifty both closed down 2.60% each at 15,946.10 points and 4,778.35 points respectively, their lowest close in more than six weeks, weighed by a plunging rupee, faltering domestic growth, sluggish policy and shaky global outlook. — Nov 21, Hindustan Times.
- Officials say satellite surveillance has shown a recent increase in activity at an Iranian site suspected of secret work on nuclear weapons. — Nov 21, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 22 November 2011:
- At least seven people including two children were charred to death when two AC coaches of the Howrah-Dehradun express train caught fire early on Tuesday in Giridih district of Jharkhand, police said. “Seven people, including two children, died after two coaches of the Howrah-Dehradun express caught fire — Nov 22, Hindustan Times.
- The Indian rupee depreciated by 35 paise to a lifetime low of Rs 52.50 per US dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange on Tuesday on sustained demand for the American currency from banks and importers. Dollar gains against other currencies overseas also put pressure on the Indian rupee. — Nov 22, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 23 November 2011:
- India’s giant family-owned Tata conglomerate named Cyrus P Mistry as the successor on Wednesday to the group’s boss, 73-year-old local business icon Ratan Tata, who will retire in 2012. — Nov 23, Hindustan Times.
- Authorities say a small plane has crashed in eastern Indonesia, killing the Spanish pilot and leaving his co-pilot in critical condition. — Nov 23, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 24 November 2011:
- A youth identified as Harvinder Singh on Thursday attacked agriculture minister Sharad Pawar at the NDMC centre in New Delhi. Singh slapped Pawar as he was walking after talking to reporters. — Nov 24, Hindustan Times.
- Arguing that the UN Security Council is no longer reflective of contemporary reality, India has said this poses the “most important challenge” to global peace and security as well as conflict prevention. — Nov 24, Hindustan Times.
Current Affairs of 25 November 2011:
- Nobel Laureates to take part in science conclave at IIIT-A.
- Gujarat goverment agrees for CBI probe in Ishrat case.
- Kingfisher Airlines woos fliers with Rs.2000 incentive.
- NASA to launch new mission to Mars on Saturday.
- Former Egypt premier to lead provisional government.
Current Affairs of 26 November 2011:
- Nanavati panel chief’s son to represent Modi in Supreme Court.
- 3 years on, 26/11 survivors await Kasab’s execution.
- New Zealand Prime Minister set for second term.
- Ailing airlines’ chiefs meet PM, seek his intervention.
- Govt Jobs: 1.3 mn Chinese to compete for 18,000 civil servant posts.
Current Affairs of 27 November 2011:
- India-West Indies third Test ends in thrilling draw after bowlers finally hold sway.
- MLA files criminal complaint against Sukhbir, Bibi Jagir.
- Pooja Missra thrown out of Bigg Boss 5.
- Oxford University Press under pressure over Ramanujan essay row.
- High drama at Hyderabad airport over Kishenji’s body.
Current Affairs of 28 November 2011:
- State civic bodies responsible for checking construction, encroachment within river flood line: State.
- Cayley Aerospace Inc CEO awarded Fellow of Chartered Management Institute UK.
- Michael Jackson’s doctor to be sentenced today.
- Noida: Boy’s death sparks violence, 17 injured.
- 26/11: Moshe still says goodnight to slain parents.
Current Affairs of 29 November 2011:
- PM Manmohan Singh on Tuesday said the government’s decision to allow foreign equity in retail was not taken in haste but after a careful thought — Nov 29, timesofindia.
- No scaling down of military operations against Taliban, says US — Nov 29, Times of India.
Current Affairs of 30 November 2011:
- As he prepares to launch yet another anti-corruption agitation, Anna Hazare today opened a new front against government, attacking it for allowing FDI in retail sector which he said was not in the country’s interest. — Nov 30, Hindustan Times.
- A German federal court was to rule today whether a Muslim pupil has the right to pray according to Islamic rites in school, capping a more than two-year legal battle — Nov 30, Hindustan Times.