Current Affairs of November 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of November 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 November 2012:
- Non-subsidised cooking gas cylinder to cost Rs. 26.5 more.
- Kohli to get BCCIs Polly Umrigar Award.
- Indian women win Twenty20 Asia Cup.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Auto Aales up 29% in October.
Current Affairs of 02 November 2012:
- S. K. Biswas appionted as new Director of THDC India Limited.
- Government of India appointed Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala as Executive Director of IIFCL.
- Pronip Kumar Borthakur appionted as new Director of ONGC.
- Telugu Desam Party Leader Yerran Naidu dies in road accident.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan gets French honour.
Current Affairs of 03 November 2012:
- Life Insurance Corporation to pay 2.5 Lakh for dismissing widows claim.
- Wipro Quarter 2 profit rises 24%.
- DDCA wins BCCI’s best association award.
Current Affairs of 04 November 2012:
- Gulshan Rai appointed head of the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team.
- Toyota nudges up net profit forecast to $9.7 billion after Quarter 2 profit jump.
- LPG dealer may be fined for refill delay.
Current Affairs of 05 November 2012:
- Heavy rains lash Andhra; 22 dead, 80000 evacuated.
- Misbah-ul-Haq appointed new batting coach of Pakistan Cricket Team.
- Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna clinched the Paris Masters.
- Sri Lanka beat New Zealand in rain-hit ODI.
- NASA launches new service to text alert people to see Space Station in sky.
Current Affairs of 06 November 2012:
- Car bomb in Syria kills at least 50 Soldiers.
- MC Mary Komas appointed as new superintendent of police (sports) in Manipur.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation awarded JICA President’s Award 2012.
- Rail Telecom Corporation of India won the Innovation in Telecom Infrastructure Award.
- BBMB won a Gold Award for Environment and Silver Award.
- Panabaaka Lakshmi appointed as new Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Current Affairs of 07 November 2012:
- Prince Mohammed bin Naif bin Abdulaziz appointed as new interior minister Saudi Arabia.
- Jason Conrath appointed as new physiologist of the senior Hockey men’s team.
- Sachin Tendulkar Conferred Order of Australia Award.
- Sri Lanka beat New Zealand by 7 wickets in the third ODI.
- Bharti Airtel net falls 29.8% to Rs 721 crore.
Current Affairs of 08 November 2012:
- Valencia beat BATE 4-2 in Champions League.
- Baldness, baggy eyes signal risk of heart attack.
- President Obama Wins Second Term In Victory Over Mitt Romney.
- Cognizant quarterly profit rises 22% to $276.9 million.
Current Affairs of 09 November 2012:
- Huge relief for Azaharuddin as Andhra HC rules out life ban on him.
- Arun Kumar appointed as new Additional Director General of Police of Uttar Pradesh.
- Trade fair open to public from November 19.
- Leander Paes and Czech Radek Stepanek Qualify For Semifinals of ATP World Tour Finals.
- Sun Pharma to buy United State Company DUSA for $230 Million.
Current Affairs of 10 November 2012:
- Petrol Price May Be Cut By Re 1 Per Litre.
- Vijay Kumar Malhotra re-elected as chief of Archery association of india.
- Central Intelligence Agency director David Petraeus resigns over affair.
- Rahul bags 3 more golds for India in Asian Youth Weightlifting.
- Diageo to buy 53% stake in Mallyas USL for $2 billion.
Current Affairs of 11 November 2012:
- Delhi Metro to stop services at 8pm on Diwali.
- 25 dead, 100 injured in Myanmar train blast.
- Leander Paes and Stepanek finished on top of Group A of ATP World Tour Finals.
- Three bronze medals for India’s Chanu at 19th Asian Junior Weightlifting Championship.
Current Affairs of 12 November 2012:
- 17 killed as military helicopter crashes in Turkey.
- BBC chief Entwistle quits over false child abuse report.
- Dean Elgar replaces injured JP Duminy for South Africa.
- Aakash 2 tablet launched in India at Rs 1,132.
Current Affairs of 13 November 2012:
- ESIC conferred ‘ISSA Good Practice Award 2012′.
- Michael Clarke’s double century helps Australia frustrate South Africa.
- Rare muscular dystrophy gene mutations discovered.
- Revised CBSE result for Class XII science students by June 30.
Current Affairs of 14 November 2012:
- Kingfisher Airlines goes back on promise to pay staffers’ salary dues.
- MSRTC cancels 345 bus trips on Kolhapur, Solapur highways.
- Rise in number of new cases, fall in age group causes of concern.
- Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s blueprint to plug gap in water demand, supply.
Current Affairs of 15 November 2012:
- Stuart Law appointed as new batting coach of Australia.
- Indian Women’s squash team in quarter final of World Squash Championship.
- Lonely ‘homeless’ planet found for the first time.
- Inflation falls to 8 month low of 7.45 percent in October.
- Indian diamond fetches record 16.9m Euros at auction.
Current Affairs of 16 November 2012:
- Xi Jinping become the new President of China.
- Former defence minister K C Pant Passes away.
- Petrol price cut 95 Paise in Delhi.
- Sehwag, Pujara help India score 323/4 after day 1.
- Gold demand up 9% in July-September quarter.
Current Affairs of 17 November 2012:
- Pujara smashes double century, England in trouble on the second day of first Test.
- Oil companies resume giving new LPG connections in three states.
- Samajwadi Party names 55 candidates for Lok Sabha polls.
- India beat New Zealand, enter final of Johar Cup.
- Parupalli Kashyap bows out of China Open Quarter Final.
Current Affairs of 18 November 2012:
- Delhi-Noida-Direct flyway toll hike rolled back.
- Train hits school bus in Egypt, 47 children killed.
- Shiv Sena supremo Bal Keshav Thackeray passes away.
- Herath bags five wickets, puts Sri Lanka on top of the first Test.
Current Affairs of 19 November 2012:
- Veteran Bollywood actor Pran hospitalised with Respiratory Problem.
- Bangladesh slum fire kills at least 11.
- Hamilton wins US GP, title race set for Brazil.
- Captain Alastair Cook and Matt Prior lead England Fightback.
Current Affairs of 20 November 2012:
- Gaza death toll crosses 100 as truce efforts build.
- Flemming appointed as new Indian basketball coach.
- NTPC Wins Greentech CSR Award 2012 in Gold Category.
- National Fertilizer Limited Conferred with Safety Award.
- Czechs lift Davis Cup with victory over Spain.
- India crush England by 9 wickets on Day 5 in 1st Test.
- Sunita Williams back on Earth after 4-month stint in space.
Current Affairs of 21 November 2012:
- 23 Delhiites die every day due to respiratory ailments.
- Saina Nehwal enters second round of Hong Kong Open.
- Airtel completes Africa’s biggest mobile transformation.
- India to get record $70 billion remittances in 2012.
Current Affairs of 22 November 2012:
- 26/11 Terrorist Ajmal Kasab hanged, buried in Yerwada.
- Obesity gene may help protect against depression.
- Abul Hasan breaks 110-year record with debut Century.
- BCCI Awards 2012 For Various Categories.
- Pepsi shells out 400crore to be IPL title sponsor.
- Subhanu Saxena is Cipla’s new Chief Executive Officer.
Current Affairs of 23 November 2012:
- 37 Killed in Bombings Across Pakistan as Summit Convenes.
- T. K. Wali has been appointed as the Managing Director of TPTL.
- Ranjit Sinha appointed as the new director of CBI.
- Chief of ancient Saivaite Mutt in Thiruvaduthurai passes away at 72.
- ONGC conferred with Good Corporate Citizen Award 2012.
- Michael Clarke became the first batsmen to score 4 double Hundred in a Year.
Current Affairs of 24 November 2012:
- Grandmaster D Harika in the Semifinal of World Women Chess Championship.
- Smith, Morkel Lead South Africa Fightback against Australia in 2nd Test Match.
- Government raises 800 crore via PSU sell off.
- Aircel told to pay 5 paise per SMS to Vodafone.
Current Affairs of 25 November 2012:
- Bomb blast at Moharram procession kills 7, including 4 kids in Pakistan.
- Usain Bolt won the IAAF World Athlete of the Year Award.
- Now Blood test that can predict death, with terrifying accuracy.
- India all out for 327 and England Reply 178/2 at close of 2nd Day.
Current Affairs of 26 November 2012:
- Garment factory fire kills 112 people in Bangladesh.
- Alok Joshi is new Chief of Research and Analysis Wing.
- Ram Jethmalani suspended from BJP for ‘gross indiscipline’.
- Ross Taylor hit century against Sri Lanka in Second Test.
- Tino Best fires West Indies to 2-0 Series win over Bangladesh.
Current Affairs of 27 November 2012:
- Bijaya Kumar Maurya, has been appointed as Executive Director of Air India.
- Afzal Amanullah appointed as new Director General of BIS.
- PFC Conferred with the Enertia Award.
- NLC Conferred with CSR Award.
- RINL has bagged the ‘IPE CSR Corporate Governance Award 2012′.
- England beat India by 10 wickets, level series 1-1.
Current Affairs of 28 November 2012:
- Samsung launches Series 5 ultrabook with touchscreen for Rs. 64,990.
- London Olympics opening ceremony wins special arts award.
- Ashok Dinda replaces injured Yadav, rest squad unchanged for 3rd Test.
- Sahara buys iconic NY hotels for $800 million.
Current Affairs of 29 November 2012:
- New test to diagnose malaria from a drop of blood or saliva.
- Soft drinks up prostrate cancer risk in men.
- 54 killed in Damascus car bomb blasts.
- Software for Detecting Diabetic Retinopathy Developed by IIT Kharagpur.
- Delhi government eyes 15% quota for poor in private schools.
Current Affairs of 30 November 2012:
- Actress Manisha Koirala Admitted to Hospital for Cancer.
- Jaiveer Srivastavaa wins Business Sphere Group’s Gold Award.
- IPE has conferred IPE CSR Corporate Governance Award to EIL.
- NSPCL Rourkela receives CII (Odisha) Award.
- Ricky Ponting announced his retirement from international cricket.
- PVR buys 69% in Cinemax for 395 Crore.