Current Affairs of October 2010 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of October 2010. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking & all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 October 2010
- 32 blackbucks die after drinking sewer water.
- SC asks Raju to respond to CBI bail cancella.
- Justice Sharma retires after delivering Ayod.
- India’s exports up 22% to $16.64 billion.
- SBI, PNB increase base rate to 8.5%.
Current Affairs of 02 October 2010
- Three train accidents occur in Uttar Pradesh amid thick fog. Ten people died in the accidents and 45 others were injured.
- Delhi to shut down on CWG opening day.
- Metro hands over road tunnel to IGIA.
- Rs.2,400-cr lift for Gujarat’s Gandhi sites.
- CBI files chargesheet against 14 RPF personn.
- BJP maintains studied silence day after Ayodhya verdict.
Current Affairs of 03 October 2010
- 19 security checkpoints at CWG opening.
- Demoralised’ CRPF gets a new chief.
- Ambanis fortune grows to $40 bn.
- Child tabla performer shines at CWG opener.
- New Zealand gives a thumbs up to the Games.
- Indian hockey eves start as favourites again.
- LIC to approach IRDA for Infra bonds.
- Google has 35 mn Indian SMEs on its radar.
Current Affairs of 04 October 2010
- Kasab’s sacked lawyer Kazmi in big Boss 4.
- Banning BlackBerry will be counterproductive.
- SKS Microfin fires CEO, stock plunges.
- Tata Motors acquires Italian firm Trilix.
- Katrina Kaif’s nose injured yet again.
Current Affairs of 05 October 2010
- Saina and party make promising start.
- Indian shooters win 2 gold medals.
- IPOs, rights may set India Inc record.
- Gold surges to record Rs 19,624/10 gms.
- Gold, silver zoom to scale new peaks
- United Breweries turns loans into shares
- Indian boxers pack a punch in packed Talkato.
- England wins 2 golds in swimming.
Current Affairs of 06 October 2010
- India’s hopes sink as England make a splash.
- New CRPF DG hints at changes to tackle Maois.
- Singhvi directed not to hold media briefings.
- OBC raises lending rate to 8.5 pct.
- India needs to join the currency wars.
- SC judges are wiser: Former HC Judge Sodhi.
Current Affairs of 07 October 2010
- 50 NATO tankers torched in Pakistan.
- Rahul sets off row by equating SIMI, RSS.
- CWG fiasco is a metaphor of our daily experience.
- Floor test for Yeddyurappa on Oct 11.
- Obama’s wife tops powerful women list.
- World economic recovery unbalanced.
- Canada likely to invest $3 billion in Indian high.
Current Affairs of 08 October 2010
- Stomach infection hits Aus, UK swimmers.
- CWG OC to give 30 % free tickets.
- Delhiites give CWG a miss for Singapore.
- CWG Village mishap: Police register case of negligence.
- Rihanna can’t stop thinking of work.
- NSE, BSE to launch pre-trading auction.
Current Affairs of 09 October 2010
- India’s squash hope Dipika pulls out of CWG.
- Woman wrestlers clinch twin gold.
- Saina’s win may not stop Malaysia.
- Sania & Som enter finals.
- 20m walk: India win bronze.
- 4th gold for Narang, Sania gets a silver.
Current Affairs of 10 October 2010
- Gagan Narang: Man with the golden gun.
- Harpreet, Deepika win 2 more golds for India.
- Punjab, Rajasthan ousted from IPL 4.
- Daimler to hike capacity to 70,000 units.
- Shooter Harpreet Singh wins gold.
Current Affairs of 11 October 2010
- K’taka Assembly Speaker disqualifies 16 rebel MLAs.
- Airlines oppose hike in user development fee.
- Bihar boat tragedy toll rises to 36.
- Three CRPF personnel shot dead in Manipur
- Kashmir University to set up advanced IT cen.
- Fortis up over 3 pct on acquisition move.
Current Affairs of 12 October 2010
- Tatas to invest Rs.7K cr in housing.
- Shooters Heena, Annu give India 31st gold.
- MP hamlet shows how a temple and mosque coexist.
- Sachin Tendulkar scores his sixth Test double ton.
- Karnataka HC to decide fate of rebel MLAs fa.
- Muslims, upper-caste poor figure in RJD-LJP.
Current Affairs of 13 October 2010
- Indian women athletes create history.
- Fastest woman athlete stripped of gold.
- Women shooters bag 2 golds.
- BCCI lodges FIR against Lalit Modi.
- India beat Australia in Banglore Test, Win series 2-0.
Current Affairs of 14 October 2010
- India lose men’s hockey final 0-8 to Australia.
- Jwala, Ashwini win women’s doubles badminton gold.
- India lose men’s hockey final 0-8 to Aus.
- Saina wins women’s badminton gold.
- One killed, three injured in UP poll violenc
- New Zealand wins bronze on penalty strokes.
- Punjab to give Rs 11 lakh each to gold medallist.
Current Affairs of 15 October 2010
- IATA sees slower growth in air travel biz.
- Infosys Q2 net profit up 13%.
- Sena allows cable operators to air Bigg Boss show.
- PM to raise visa issue with Obama.
- ADB, WB assess Pak flood damage at $9.7 billions.
- BRTS completes one year in Ahmedabad.
Current Affairs of 16 October 2010
- Fourth Uttar Pradesh rail accident: two express trains collide in thick fog in India’s northern state of Uttar Pradesh. Three people died in the accident and around a dozen were injured.
- Union Bank ups base rate to 8.50%.
- MHA ready to give inputs for CWG probe.
- IOC hikes petrol paise by 72 paise.
- China mine blast kills 21.
- 2,000 students visit MBA fare.
Current Affairs of 17 October 2010
- Fifth Uttar Pradesh rail accidents: A car hit by a train at an unmanned crossing in Barabanki district of Uttar Pradesh. Two of the six people in the car died and four got injured
- India-Aus first ODI called off.
- Jaitley, Nitish attack PM to debate on funds.
- Indo-Pak title for wrestlers.
- 8 of top 10 firms lose Rs 29K cr in m-cap.
- India’s animation industry to hit $1 bn.
- FIFA looks into bribery claims for World Cup.
- Madrid top with Malaga win; Barca beats Vale.
Current Affairs of 18 October 2010
- Sensex reverses loss, closes 44 points up.
- T-20 of Indian cinema contest dropped from IFFI 2010.
- RJD will seek Congress support to form govt.
- Cong, RJD, LJP parties of one political fami.
- CWG mess: D-Day dawns on Kalmadi as minister
Current Affairs of 19 October 2010
- Delhi youngsters out to grab opportunity.
- SAIL appoints six merchant bankers for FPO.
- Rakhi Sawant sports tiger stripes for PETA.
- L&T bags Rs 1,449 cr order from DB Power.
Current Affairs of 20 October 2010
- WFI names tainted wrestlers for Asiad.
- Infosys to invest in China campus.
- Ceat Quarter 2 profit slips to Rs 15.27 crores.
- Govt considering infusing further Rs 2000 cr.
- 1,514 FIRs against army personnel in J-K, 97.
Current Affairs of 21 October 2010
- Indian scientists explore fresh research frontiers.
- Rupee spikes to Rs 44.30 against dollar.
Current Affairs of 22 October 2010
- Sixth Uttar Pradesh rail accidents: A goods train derailed near Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, disrupting rail traffic in the region. No one was injured in the accident.
- CWC asks cops to probe child’s abduction.
- Bank of India Q2 profit up 91% to Rs 616.7 crores.
Current Affairs of 23 October 2010
- AP: Over 1,000 TDP workers leave for New Delhi
- Despite India warning, US to give Pak $2.29.
- I-T dept gives Vodafone 30 days to cough up.
Current Affairs of 24 October 2010
- Indian scientists explore fresh research frontiers.
- RBI mulls changes in regulations for foreigners.
- PM embarks on 7-day visit to Japan, Malaysia.
- Williamson, Bennett join India-bound NZ Test.
Current Affairs of 25 October 2010
- Environment ministers from the G4 bloc (IBSA Dialogue Forum & China) meet in New Delhi, India, to agree a common position ahead of future climate change talks.
- BJP questions Narendra Modi’s magic in Bihar.
- 23 injured after country-made bombs explode.
- TV actress Dolly Bindra joins Bigg Boss 4.
- Sensex ends up 137 pts; RIL leads.
Current Affairs of 26 October 2010
- 10,000 villages to be electrified by March 2.
- J-K seeks Centre’s sanction to prosecute Arm.
- 21 tribals vs 12 mn tonnes of steel.
- PSU banks to recruit 85,000 staff in next 3.
- Gold price spikes to Rs 19,901/10 gram.
Current Affairs of 27 October 2010
- IT cos aim to soften image for Obama.
- RSS leader provided guidelines on Ajmer blas.
- LDF gets drubbing in Kerala civic polls.
- Gold price eases to Rs 19,718 per 10 gms.
- CM seeks info on Adarsh Housing Society scam.
Current Affairs of 28 October 2010
- 12 die after consuming illicit liquor in Pune.
- Preity Zinta to get honorary degree by UK university.
Current Affairs of 29 October 2010
- ITC Q2 net profit up 23.4% to Rs 1,247 crores.
Current Affairs of 30 October 2010
- 12 people drown and at least 20 other went missing after a boat accident in West Bengal.
- Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh in India.
- Miss US crowned Miss World 2010, India fails.
- 609 athletes to represent India in Guangzhou.
- Investigators hunt for mail bombers in Yemen.
Current Affairs of 31 October 2010
- TRAI to come out with regulation curbing unsolicited calls.
- ATF prices to be hiked by Rs 299/KL in Delhi.
- ICC rejects appeals of Salman Butt and Mohhamed Aamer.