Current Affairs of October 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of October 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 October 2011:
- ICICI asked to pay Rs 4,000 compensation to credit card holder.
- Higher education data from UGC surpass govt stats, near China’s.
- Mayawati suspends MLAs with criminal background ahead of 2012 polls.
- Pak making error by supporting terror groups against India: US.
Current Affairs of 02 October 2011:
- PM, Sonia pay tribute to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Tobacco industry relying on movies for brand promotion.
- UIDAI gets first complaint of misuse of personal data.
- Montek meets Manmohan over poverty line controversy.
Current Affairs of 03 October 2011:
- 2G scam: Court defers bail pleas till framing of charges.
- Rajini’s presence on ‘Ra.One’ set brought tears to my eyes: SRK.
- Bigg Boss 5: Shakti Kapoor the only man with 13 beauties in the house.
- Durga Puja festivities begin in decked-up Kolkata.
Current Affairs of 04 October 2011:
- Super 30 chief contradicts Murthy on IITs.
- BJP to take out two ‘Jan Swabhiman yatras’ in UP.
- Jammu and Kashmir villager sends Rs 26 to Montek, PM and Pranab.
- Gold adds Rs. 285, silver sheds Rs. 200 on global cues.
Current Affairs of 05 October 2011:
- Former England bowler Graham Dilley dies at 52.
- World’s cheapest tablet ‘Aakash’ to be launched today.
- Asian markets mixed after wild day on Wall Street.
- Delhi High Court blast accused sent to Tihar Jail till Oct 7.
- Shahrukh plans to quit smoking after ‘Ra.One’ release.
Current Affairs of 06 October 2011:
- Neither PM nor I got right feedback during fast, says Anna.
- Spot-fixing Hearing: Salman Butt agreed to bat a maiden over.
- Obama remembers Steve Jobs as visionary, innovator.
- Goa Chief Minister Digambar Kamat’s role in mining scam questioned.
- Hedging its bet, Pakistan hobnobs with ‘unsavoury characters,’ says Obama.
Current Affairs of 07 October 2011:
- 2.05 lakh to appear in CAT.
- Salgaocar, United Sikkim win in Durand Cup.
- RSS chief wants Hindutva stamp on anti-graft stir.
Current Affairs of 08 October 2011:
- DVAC searches at former TN minister’s premises.
- India wants to weaken, dominate Pak, claims Musharraf.
- Congress sharpens knives for Anna Hazare over RSS link.
- Plan to relax ban on sex determination tests draws sharp reactions.
Current Affairs of 09 October 2011:
- RSS websites relaunched with new features.
- India Today Group stands for editorial excellence: Aroon Purie.
- MI vs Somerset: Malinga propels Mumbai into final.
- Sohrabuddin case witness.
Current Affairs of 10 October 2011:
- Microsoft launches Touch Mouse in India.
- Actress to get 90 lashes for making film about Iranian regime.
- 2G scam: CBI raids Dayanidhi Maran’s home, office.
- Clerks behind counters in railway ticket scandal.
- Indian housing project for the war-hit Tamils in Jaffna progressing slowly.
Current Affairs of 11 October 2011:
- UP Lokayukta indicts former state labour minister.
- Anti-Congress campaign: Digvijaya Singh plans letter salvo at Anna.
- For Loknayak Jayaprakash Narayan’s birthplace, L K Advani’s campaign just another yatra.
Current Affairs of 12 October 2011:
- India pitches for American varsities to open shop in India.
- ISRO launches 4 satellites, 1 to study climate dynamics.
- Age row: Fearing legal tangle, govt turns down army chief’s request.
- Gold rises to Rs 27,190,silver adds Rs 700.
Current Affairs of 13 October 2011:
- Gold rises to Rs 27,190,silver adds Rs 700.
- Uma Bharti wants Advani to be Prime Minister.
- Govt declares Maruti stir illegal; to cancel registrations of unions.
- Karnataka’s deputy Lokayukta quits for “personal reasons”.
- Cabinet approves ordinance to phase out analogue cable TV by 2014.
Current Affairs of 14 October 2011:
- LHMC chief’s wife dies of dengue, toll rises to four.
- Ind vs Eng: Dhoni leads India to emphatic 126 run win.
- Supreme Court faults government for 2G scam.
- Prashant Bhushan attack: Deve Gowda seeks ban on Bajrang Dal, Sri Ram Sene.
Current Affairs of 15 October 2011:
- Jammu and Kashmir Police to organise three-day sports festival from Oct 17.
- Inventory of temple vault riches likely from November 09.
- Google to shut down Google Buzz, iGoogle.
- Power crisis: MahaGenco blames poor quality of supplied coal.
Current Affairs of 16 October 2011:
- U.S. gravitational wave detection experiment looking at India as a possible site.
- Narendra Modi begins day-long Sadbhavana fast.
- Manmohan leaves for Pretoria tomorrow to attend IBSA summit.
- Occupy Wall Street’ protests spread worldwide.
Current Affairs of 17 October 2011:
- Centre prepares multi-winged plan to tackle Naxalism in key areas.
- Ministry bows to BCCI, exempts cricketers from some WADA rules.
- Nepal Prime Minister to seek Indian support for peace process.
- Big B to receive his fourth doctorate.
Current Affairs of 18 October 2011:
- HC puts off Yeddyurappa bail plea till Thursday.
- Court asks Karnataka to explain steps taken to protect Jayalalithaa.
- Benazir’s son Bilawal on Al Qaeda ‘kidnap’ list.
- Dhoom 3 release shifted to 2013.
Current Affairs of 19 October 2011:
- Pune airport braces for swanky look AAI to spend Rs 20 crores.
- As state polls loom, govt for 11,600 new petrol pumps.
- Changing food habits hit growth of Mumbai dabbawalas.
- Delhi High Court to pass orders on Amar Singh’s bail pleas on Monday.
Current Affairs of 20 October 2011:
- CBI quizzes AMU Vice-Chancellor.
- Manmohan blames media in India, China.
- Rs 20L for kin of Modi bodyguards who died in mishap en route to Dwarka fast.
- RTO puts up boards to promote traffic rules.
Current Affairs of 21 October 2011:
- 634 policemen died on duty in one year, CRPF tops list.
- India, France discuss military, civil nuclear deals.
- Farmers to now get Rs 1 lakh crop loanCrop loan for farmers increased to 1 lakh.
- 12 BJP workers injured as protest against power cuts turn violent in Baran.
Current Affairs of 22 October 2011:
- FICCI honours Ronjon Sodhi with sportsperson of the year award.
- CAT quashes Anant’s appointment as Chief Statistician of India.
- Army still opposed to withdrawal of Armed Forces Special Powers Act from J&K.
- Keep 25% of revenue from tickets in separate account.
Current Affairs of 23 October 2011:
- Air India launches drive to recruit staff at various levels.
- Raja, Kani, other 2G scam accused face charges that may lead to life term.
- India aim to keep the winning momentum against beleaguered England.
- After Army, Congress now voices reservations on AFSPA revocation.
Current Affairs of 24 October 2011:
- Caught in debt trap, Nandurbar tribals migrate every year.
- Foreign airlines may be allowed to pick up stake in domestic carriers.
- PIL wants insurance firms to use regional language on policies.
- Steve Jobs’ autobiography: a chronicle of a complex genius.
Current Affairs of 25 October 2011:
- History Dept. demands re-introduction of Ramanujan’s essay on Ramayana.
- Infant rescued after Turkey quake, toll reaches 432.
- Delhi High Court stays summons against SP MP Rewati Raman Singh till November 15.
- Ghulam Nabi Azad prescribes measures to contain encephalitis outbreak in Uttar Pradesh.
Current Affairs of 26 October 2011:
- BSE annuls all derivatives trades for October 26, launches probe.
- Modi calls upon people of Gujarat to work collectively for harmony.
- US joins India, China in opposing emission binding targets by 2015.
- Ramesh dares Mayawati to order CBI probe into irregularities in job scheme.
Current Affairs of 27 October 2011:
- Dying declaration cannot form basis of conviction if it is not trustworthy’.
- Hadlee, Simpson question concerns about too much cricket.
- Nepal rebels call 10-day bandh amidst Diwali festivities.
- Despite mishaps, Darjeeling has to depend on perilous bridges.
Current Affairs of 28 October 2011:
- AEC chairman warns of serious damage to Kudankulam plant.
- IFFI 2011 to screen Film Bazaar 2010 films.
- MERC turns down MSEDCL plea to reduce ZLS refund.
- Indian GP: F1 stars discover a nation’s enthusiasm for the sport.
Current Affairs of 29 October 2011:
- Commonwealth defers decision on Human Rights Commissioner.
- Pakistan appreciates India’s support for successful UNSC bid.
- E-payment gateway to settle retired govt employees’ benefits from April 01.
- Israeli woman found with cartridges at Mumbai airport,arrested.
Current Affairs of 30 October 2011:
- Edwards duo puts West Indies on top against Bangladesh.
- Kamalesh Sharma re-appointed Commonwealth Secretary General.
- 48-hour bandh in hill districts of Manipur from Monday.
- World’s 7 billionth baby to be born in UP on Monday.
Current Affairs of 31 October 2011:
- These hard-core LTTE members see life through spiritual prism.
- Indian firms may land iron ore mining contract in Afghanistan.
- Online registration for IIT JEE 2012 from today.
- Jayalalithaa gives Rs. 50,000 each to two AIADMK workers.