Current Affairs of October 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of October 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 October 2012:
- String of Iraq blasts kills at least 32.
- Virat Kohli fashions India win against Pakistan, keeps World T20 hopes alive.
- Tottenham finally beat Manchester United at Old Trafford.
- Facebook, YouTube blocked in Kashmir.
Current Affairs of 02 October 2012:
- British Historian, Jazz Music critic Eric Hosbawm Passes Away at 95.
- Kingfisher Airlines engineers on strike.
- Isros missile woman gets Shastri award.
- Sri Lanka beat England and Qualify for the Semifinal of the World Twenty20.
- West Indies beat New Zealand in a dramatic Super Over and Moves to Semi Final.
Current Affairs of 03 October 2012:
- Hong Kong ferry disaster kills 37.
- India out, Pakistan in Semifinal of ICC World T-20.
- Andrew Sings in Spider-Man Sequel.
- Pakistan beat Australia to keep alive their World Twenty20 semi-final hopes.
- Diesel price may rise further by Rs 5.
Current Affairs of 04 October 2012:
- Researchers discover Bacteria that produces pure Gold.
- Serial blasts hit Syria town, 48 killed.
- Non-subsidized LPG refill at 883, set to go up further.
- Rehman gets 12-week ban for positive cannabis test.
- Petrol prices may come down by 1.6 a litre.
Current Affairs of 05 October 2012:
- Veena Swarup Appointed as New Director (HR) of EIL.
- THDC India Limited wins Project Management Award 2012.
- Sri Lanka beat Pakistan and enter the World T20 final.
- IIT JEE set to go, 40% weightage for Class 12.
- Cabinet okays proposal for 49% FDI in pension & insurance firms.
Current Affairs of 06 October 2012:
- Watermelon could help prevent heart attack, curb weight.
- Sharmila invites the President for Saif’s wedding.
- West Indies reach their first World Twenty20 final after defeat Australia.
- 172 Business schools to use CAT scores this year.
- NSE flash-crash pulls Nifty down by 15.5%.
Current Affairs of 07 October 2012:
- West Indies will win in T-20 Final on Sunday says Chris Gayle.
- Sebi proposes demat format for FDs, insurance policies.
- The price of cooking gas has gone up by Rs 11.42 per refill.
- Obamas biggest fund haul in 12: $181m in Sept.
Current Affairs of 08 October 2012:
- 2 diabetes test to be ready by December.
- West Indies win first World Cup since 1979, beating Sri Lanka by 36 runs.
- Australia retain women’s World Twenty20 title.
- Nasa discovers a new black hole in Milky Way.
Current Affairs of 09 October 2012:
- Scientists developing cream to treat skin cancer.
- Powergrid’s house journal Wins PRSI National Awards-2012.
- Pranay Sahay appointed as new Deputy General of CRPF.
- IOC cuts petrol price by 56 paise litre, Rupees rise.
- Sir John Gurdon and Shinya Yamanaka win 2012 Nobel Prize.
- Kohli lone Indian in ICC World T20 XI.
Current Affairs of 10 October 2012:
- Tomato can cut risk of stroke by more than 50 per cent.
- IMF pegs growth below 5%, 1st time since 2002.
- Indian-origin scientist finds black hole cluster.
- AIIMS to raise rent & food prices for private wards.
- RBI slaps Rs 30 lakh fine on ICICI Bank, Rs 55 lakh on ING Vysya for KYC violations.
Current Affairs of 11 October 2012:
- 35 fresh cases of dengue reported in Delhi.
- Former Zimbabwe player and coach Curran dies.
- US scientists Robert Lefkowitz and Brian Kobilka won Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- ICC suspends 6 umpires caught fixing by sting.
- Delhi University Teachers Association to hold indefinite relay hunger strike from today.
- World Bank cuts India’s GDP growth forecast to 6% for FY13.
Current Affairs of 12 October 2012:
- Sauber appointed first female team principal.
- Anil Kumble appointed head of ICC cricket committee.
- NTPC wins two Public Relations Society of India Award.
- HSCC bags Wins Best Health Care Project Award.
- Mo Yan Win Nobel Prize for literature makes history.
Current Affairs of 13 October 2012:
- Arvind Kejriwal arrested, threatens to continue agitation against Khurshid from jail.
- Former Kerala governor Sukhdev Singh Kang Passes away.
- European Union wins 2012 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Kamla Landmarc buys IPL Team Deccan Chargers.
- Retail inflation eases to 9.73%, a six-month low.
Current Affairs of 14 October 2012:
- No ban on new LPG connections.
- Titans beat Perth Scorchers in the Champions League Twenty20 opener.
- Daredevils beat Knight Riders in their opening Champions League Twenty20.
- Director Yash Chopra is in ICU.
Current Affairs of 15 October 2012:
- Fearless Felix Sets New Record For Highest Ever Skydive With 128,000Ft Jump.
- Six cups of coffee a day ‘cuts risk of both womb and prostate cancer’.
- Vettel wins Korean F1 Grand Prix to usurp Alonso.
- Paes-Stepanek down Bhupathi-Bopanna to win Shanghai Masters.
- Sydney Sixers beat Chennai Super Kings in the Champions League Twenty20.
Current Affairs of 16 October 2012:
- Rajeev Mehrotra appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of RITES.
- Bhupinder Nayyar appointed as Executive Director of Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Cambodia’s former king Norodom Sihanouk dies at 89.
- Auto, taxi strike today on GPS issue.
- Two U.S. economists win the Nobel Prize in economic.
- Inflation at 10-month high of 7.81%.
Current Affairs of 17 October 2012:
- Study: 1 hour of watching TV shortens your life by 22 mins.
- Jaspal Rana has been appointed chief coach for junior pistol shooters of NRAI.
- Sydney Sixers crush Yorkshire by 8 wickets for 2nd consecutive win in the CLT20.
- Chennai slump to second loss in Champions League Twenty20.
- Skywatchers discover planet with 4 suns.
Current Affairs of 18 October 2012:
- Cream from cows milk can protect against HIV.
- Titans crushing 59-run victory over Auckland Aces in their Group A CLT20 Match.
- IPL winners Kolkata Knight Riders crash out of Champions League Twenty 20.
- Closest planet found outside solar system.
- Delhi ranks last in world green index.
Current Affairs of 19 October 2012:
- Housing & Urban Development Corporation Conferred Design Awards.
- Indian Oil has been conferred Petrotech Special Technical Award.
- NTPC Conferred Golden Peacock Global Award.
- Sydney Sixers beat Highveld Lions by five wicket stoenter the semifinals of the CLT20.
- Kevin Pietersen back in England squad for India tour.
Current Affairs of 20 October 2012:
- Deccan Chargers out of IPL, SC refuses to stay its termination.
- Shane Bond appointed as New bowling coach of New Zealand.
- Saina in semifinals f the Yonex Denmark Open, up against nemesis Wang.
- Tata Consultancy Services net profit up 44 % in Quater 2.
Current Affairs of 21 October 2012:
- Saina Nehwal beats world number 1 to enter Denmark Open final.
- Tony Greig reveals lung cancer diagnosis.
- Government suspends Kingfisher Airlines’ licence.
Current Affairs of 22 October 2012:
- Two kitchens can get you two LPG connections.
- Saina Nehwal wins Denmark Open Superseries title.
- Flim Maker Yash Chopra passes away.
- Bharti Airtel Becomes Fourth Largest Mobile Operator in the World.
Current Affairs of 23 October 2012:
- Lance Armstrong stripped of all 7 Tour de France titles, banned for life.
- Manoj Mishra appointed as new Director (Finance) of State Trading Corporation.
- Dinesh Kumar Saini appointed as new Director, Project & Planning of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation.
- TPDDL Wins the gold award for ‘Information Technology Project of the Year’.
- Engineers India Limited wins Petrotech 2012 Special Technical Award.
- Chennai Super Kings beats Yorkshire in his last match of CLT 20.
Current Affairs of 24 October 2012:
- Angelo Mathews appointed as new T20 captain of Sri Lanka.
- Eminent litterateur and Sahitya Akademi President Sunil Gangopadhyay Passes away.
- Pakistan Premier League will be held in March 2013.
- Hero MotoCorp Quarter 2 net profit down 27% on falling sales.
Current Affairs of 25 October 2012:
- General Fang Fenghui appointed as new Chief of General Staff of China.
- Satyajit Ray’s love life revealed by wife Bijoya in autobiography.
- IGNOU revises masters programme in economics.
- 500 bogus colleges closed in UK in 18 months.
- Satirist-actor Jaspal Bhatti dies in road accident.
Current Affairs of 26 October 2012:
- Sun TV buys IPLs Hyderabad franchise for 425cr.
- 56 dead in new ethnic violence in Myanmar.
- Senior IAS officer S B Agnihotri appointed DG (Acquisition) in Defence Ministry.
- Petrol price to go up by 30 paise a litre, diesel 18 paise.
- Gavaskar to receive C.K. Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Highveld Lions beat Delhi Daredevils by 22 runs to enter Champions League Twenty20 final.
Current Affairs of 27 October 2012:
- Saina Nehwal moves into French Open semi-final.
- Suicide bomber kills 40 at Afghanistan mosque during Eid.
- Sydney Sixers defeat Titans to reach Champions League T20 final.
- Vijay Kumar finishes 8th in World Cup shooting.
Current Affairs of 28 October 2012:
- Cannabis spray can help beat cancer pain.
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh recast his council of Ministers.
- Sydney Sixers takes on Highveld Lions today in Champions League T20 Final.
- Saina Nehwal enter in the French Open Semi Final.
Current Affairs of 29 October 2012:
- Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh reshuffles cabinet.
- Myanmar fighting kills 84, displaces at least 22,500.
- Serena Williams reach the final of WTA Championship.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited Quarter 2 net profit down at Rs 1,274.45 crore.
- Saina Nehwal loses in the final of French Open Super Series.
Current Affairs of 30 October 2012:
- British scientists create ultra-sensitive HIV test that detect HIV and Aids Viruses.
- ICC gets innovative, allows Tests to be played at night.
- Reserve Bank of India cuts growth estimate to 5.7%.
- Shyam S. Torka appointed as New Director of MECON.
- Space X capsule completes successful first mission.
Current Affairs of 31 October 2012:
- Mega Storm Sandy Hits United State, 7.5 Million Powerless,33 Dead.
- Karan’s Student of the Year collect 51 crores at Box Office in 1st week.
- Lal Chand Kataria appointed as new minister of state for rural development.
- Helmet must for bikers to buy petrol in Uttar Pradesh.