Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC Pre.) Exam, 2010
Solved Question Paper of Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC Pre.) Exam, 2010
1. Where is the Indus Civilization city Lothal?
2. Mohenjo Daro is situated in -
(A) Sindh Province of Pakistan
3. Which deity was not worshipped by the Vedic Aryans?
4. The Vedanga consists of the-
(A) Kale, Shiksha, Nirukta,Vyakaran, Chhanda, Jyotish
(B) Kalp, Shiksha, Brahman,Vyakaran, Chhanda, Jyotish
(C) Kalp Shikshaz Nirukta, Aranyak, Chhanda, Jyotish
(D) Kalp Upanishad, Nirukta,Vyakaran, Chhanda
5. The earliest available work of the Sangam R’amils is-
6. The Mahavir belonged to the clan-.
7. The Jain text which contains the biographies of the Tirthankaras is known as-
(C) Adi Purana
8. The first Buddhist Sangeeti (conference) was held at-
9. The propounder of the Madhyamika Philosophy was-
10. The rules of Buddhist monistic life are laid down, primarily, a-
11. The battle between Alexander and Porus took place on the bank of river-
12. The first Persian ruler who occupied part of Indian Territory alas–
(B) Darius J
13. Alexander remained in India for-
(A) 29 months
(B) 39 months
(C) 19 months
(D) 10 months
14. Gedrosia correspond modern-
15. Which of the following statements is not true?
(A) Formal accession of Asoka was very probably delayed
(B) The fifth rock edict proves the existence of Harems of Asoka’s brothers
(C) Asoka held tike viceroyalty of Taxila and Ujjain in the reign of Bindusara
(D) Asoka was the younger brother of Bindusara .
16. The nirvasita (excluded) and anirvasita (not excluded) Shudras have been referred to-
(A) in the Nirukta of Yaska
(B) in the Ashtadhyayi of Panini
(C) in the Arthashastra of kautilya
(D) None of the above
17. The first translator of Mahabharata into Tamil was-
18 Which one of tbe following inscriptions of Asoka refers to the grant of concession in land revenue to a village?
(A) Lumbini Pillar edict
(B) Sarnath Pillar edict
(C) Girner Rock edict
(D) Sanchi Pillar edict
19. Who of the following was not a patron of Jainism?
(D) Chandragupta Maurya
20. Who was the ambassador in the Court of Bindusara?
(D) Antiochus I
21. To propagate his Dharma, Asoka used the services of-
(D) AII of these
22. The last king of Mauryan Empire was-
23. The historian Kalhan was-
(D) None of these
24. Founder of the Satvahana dynasty was-
(A) Shatkarni I
(C) Shatkarni II
(D) Rudradaman I
25. Yen-Kao-chen generally known as-
(A) Kadphises I
(B) Kadphises 11
26. The writer of the ‘Kalpasutra’ was-
27. The writer of the ‘Brihatkatha’ was-
28. According to tradition Kashyapa Matanga introduced Buddhism to-
29. Which one of the following indicates the correct chronological order of era in India?
30. During Pre-Gupta period what was Kahapan?
(A) An office
(B) A luxury item
(C) A coin
(D) A port
31. Which port was known to the author of ”Periplus of the Erithrian sea” as Padouke?
32 Chandragupta-ll married daughter Prabhavati to-
33. Which of the following law givers of the post-Gupta period declared that Sudras were not slaves by nature?
34. Who was the founder of Gahadwala dynasty who made Kannauj the main centre of his power?
35. Which of the following Rashtrakut kings defeated the Pratihar ruler Nagabhatta I?
(A) Indra 11
(B) Krishna I11
(C) Amoghvarsha I
(D) Govind 111
36. Who among the following rulers patronized Jayadev, the composer of ‘Geetgovinda’?
(A) Laxman Sen
37. Who out of the following ousted Jainism from Mysore?
38. Which was the word used for the royal military troops of the Cholas?
39. The Chola rulers undertook extensive land survey to ascertain-
(A) Right of ownership
(B) Government’s share of revenue
(C) Production of grains
(D) Limit of the sources of irrigation
40. Which of the following taxes of Chola period was for educational Purpose?
41. The writer of Tabqat-i-Nasiri wss-
42. The following works were written by Ziauddin Barani-
(A)Tarikh-i-Firozshahi and Qiranussadain
(B) Fatwa-i-Jahandari and Ashiqa
(C) Tarikh-i-Firozshahi and Fatwa-i-Jahandari
(D) Futuhus-salatin and Tarikhi-Firozshahi
43. Which of the following books were written by Amir khusro?
(A) Ashiqa, Qiranussadain Khazain-ul-Futuh
(B) Qiranussadain, Ashiqa,Tarikh-i-Mubarakshahi
(C) Khazainul Futuh, Tarikh-i-Mubarakushahi,Ashiqa
(D) Tarildt-i-Mubarakshahi,Nuh-i-siphr Ashiqa
44. Who wrote ‘Qanun-i-Humayuni’
(A) Gulbadan Begum
45. Which of the following books was written by Ishwardas Nagar?
(B) Bir Binod
(C) Chhatra Prakash
46. With whom of the following Muhammad Ghori aligned against Khusrau Shah?
(A) King of Gujarat
(B) King of Multan
(C) King of Peshawar
(D) King of Jammu
47. At the time of Muhammad Ghori’s invasion against Prithviraj Chauhan who of the following ruled Kannauj?
(A) The Chandellas
(B) The prathihars
(C) The Palas
(D) The Gahadwalas
48. Who of the following contested with Qutubuddin Aibak for Punjab?
(B) Tajuddin Yaldauz
(C) Nasiruddin Qubacha
(D) None of these
49. Who were the Nav Musalmans of the following?
(A) Descendants of Mongols who settled near Delhi and embraced Islam
(B) Hindu converts to islam
(C) Khalji Sultans
(D) llbari sultans
50. Who was appointed as ambassador to China during the time of Mohammad bin Tughlaq?
(C) Ibn Batutah
(D) Abdur Razzak
51. Bahlul Lodi’s significant achievement was the successful war against tie underwritten kingdom of -
52. Rulers of which kingdom built Atala Masjid and Lal Darwaza Masjid?
53. Rai Bharmal wrote on Muslim Literary traditions in the following language.-
54. ‘Chaitanya Charitramrita’ was authored by-
(D) Krislmadas Kaviraj
55. Who succeeded Nizamuddin Aulia?
(A) Sheikh Farid
(B) Sheikh Nasiruddin Chiraghi-Delhi
(C) Sheikh Salim Chishti
(D)) None of the above
56. Raidas, Sena and Kabir were the followers of-
57. When was Wjayanagar visited by Abdurrajjak?
58. Tuluva dynasty was founded by-
(A) Narasa Nasyaka
(B) Immadi Narsimha
(C) Vir Narsimha
(D) None of these 4
59. Who founded the independent Bahamani kingdom in South India?
(A) Abu Muzaffar Alauddin Bahmanshah
(B) Mujahid Shah
(C) Muhammad Shah I
(D) Adil Shah
60. Who founded the independent Muslim kingdom of Malwa?
61. Babur had three wives. Which one of the following was not his wife?
62. Who was Mehdi Khwaza?
(A) Ruler of Bihar
(B) Prime Minister of Ibrahim Lodi
(C) Brother-in-law of Humayun
(D) Brother of Babur
63. Humayun ascended the throne at Agra on-
(A) 7th January 1530
(B) 29th December 1530 ‘
(C) 23rd September 1530
(D) 16th February 1530
64. Which of the following statements is true of the Sher Shah Suri?
(A) He was a fanatic Muslim
(B) He was a staunch Muslim but not a fanatic
(C) He was a staunch Muslim and ill-treated Hindus
(D) He was intolerant towards E of other religions
65. Which out of the following was ‘ not one of the purposes of ‘Sarais’ built during Sher Shah?
(B) For travellers
(C) For officers,
(D) Warehouse for arms and ammunition
66. Who was not appointed as Vazir a during Akbar’s reign?
(A) Bhadurkhan Uzbeg
(B) Shamsuddin Atkakhan .
(D) Nizamuddin Khalifa
67. Which of the following pairs is incorrect?
(A) Akbar-Ralph Fich
(C) Jahangir-sir Thomas Roe
68. Which of the following stale- I meats is true of Akbar’s policy towards the I’Iindus?
(A) He abolished the pilgrim tax but not the Jaziya
(B) He abolished the Jaziya, but not the pilgrim tax
(C) He abolished both the Jaziya and the pilgrim tax
(D) He neither abolished the pilgrim tax
69. Who was the author of ‘Nushka-Dilkusha’?
(A) Khafi khan
(B) Murshidkuli Khan
(C) Abul Fazl
(D) Chicken Burhanpuri
70. Guru Govind Singh was killed in 1708 at-
71. Mir Sayyed Ali and Abdusamad were the court painter during the time of-
(A) Humane Akbar
(B) Akbar, Jahangir
(C) Jahangir, Shah Jahan
(D) Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb
72. Which of the following elements was not found in Akbar’s architecture? (A) Use of red sandstone
(B) Hindu elements
(C) Foliated arches
(D) Charbagh surrounding the tombs
73. Who composed ‘Gangs Lahri’?
(C) Panditraj Jagannath
74. Thicket of the following was not a silver coin during Akbar?
75. Which of the following revolts had agrarian causes at its root?
(A) Rajput revolt
(B) Satnami and Jat revolt
(C) Sikh revolt
(17) Maratha revolt
76. From whom Shahji received the jagir of Poona?
77. What is ‘Mokasa’?
(B) Religious practice
(D) Religious endowment
78. Who was not alive at the time of Shivaji’s Coronation?
(A) Ganga Bhatt
(D) Dadaji Konddeva
79. Which of the following Peshwas is connected with the treaty of Sagola?
(A) Balaji Bajjrao
(B) Balaji Vishwanath
(C) Bajirao I
(D) Bajirao II
80. In which year Ahilyabai Holkar breathed her last?
81. The French East India Company was formed in-
(A) 1664 AD
(B) 1660 AD
(C) 1656 AD
(D) 1680 AD
82. La Bourdonnais was the Governor of-
(D) None of these
83. Mir Kasim removed his court from Calcutta to-
84. The battle of Wandiwash was fought between-
(A) English and the French
(B) English and the Marathas
(C) English and the Nawab of Carnatic
(D) English and Hyderali
85. At the battle of Biddera the English crushed the power of-
86. The Treaty of Surat was concluded by the British with the following Maratha chief-
(A) Narayan Rao
(B) Madhav Rao
(C) Nana Phadnvis
87. The triple alliance against Tipu was formed by Cornwallis consisted of the following-
(A) The English, Nizam’ and the Marathas
(B) The English, Nizam and Awadh
(C) The English, Nizam and Carnatic
(D) The English, Mrathas and Carnatic
88. In the Second Sikh War the decisive battle was fought at-
89. In the Third Maratha War, the English defeated Peshwa Bajirao II at-
90. The Treaty of Shrirangpattam took place in-
91. Which of the following states was not annexed to British Empire by Dalhousie under the doctrine of Lapse?
92. Which one of the following rebellions is associated with Sidhu and Kanhu?
(A) Munda Rebellion
(B) Kole Rebellion
(C) Santhal Rebellion
(D) Big Rebellion
93. The following officer was connected with the suppression of ‘I’hugee.
94. Which of the following British Officers was not in favour of annexation of Awadh?
(C) Hugh Rose
95. Charles Metcalf was the Governor General of India during-
96. Sjndh was invaded during the following Governor General’s one-
(A) Lord Aukland
(B) Lord Ellenborough
(C) Lord Hardinge
(D) Lord Dalhousie
97. The Second Burmese War was fought in the year-
98. Which one of the following Acts abolished the trading rights of the East India Company?
(A) Regulating Act of 1773
(B) Charter Act of 1813
(C) Charter Act of 1833
(D) Garter Act of 1853
99. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(A) Ryotwari Settlement: Madras
(B) Talukdari Settlement: Bombay
(C) Permanent Settlement: Bengal
(D) Mahalwari Settlement: North-Western Province
100. The gradual increase in rural indebtedness in India under the British rule was due to-
1 Fragmentation of Land-holdings
2. Decline of cottage industries
3. Lack of development of h’z.igational facilities
4. Introduction of cash crops wincing of these are correct?
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 2 and 4
(C) 1, 3 and 4
(D) 1 2, 3 and 4
101. At Lucknow the revolt of 1857 broke out on-
(A) May 30, 1857
(B) June 4, 1857
(C) May 15, 1857
(D) June 15, 1857
102. The Asiatic Society of Bengal in Calcutta was founded by-
(A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(B) Sir Williams Jones
(C) Warren Hastings
(D) Keshabchandra Sen
103. The Theosophical Society allied itself to the..-.
(A) Christian revival movement
(B) Islamic revival movement
(C) Hindu revival movement
(D) All of these
104. Which of the following statements about the Ramakrishna Mission is wrong?
(A) It held the pure Vedantic doctrine as its ideal
(B) It aimed at the development of the highest spirituality in man
(C) It prohibited the worship of images
(D) It recognised modern developments in Science and Technology
105. Fifth Session of the Indian National Congress was held in 1889 at-
106. The moderates and extremists were united in the Congress
107. Who among the following was not in Khilafat Committee?
(A) Majhar ul Haq
(B) Hasrat Mohani
(C) Maulana Shauqat Ali
(17) Hakim Azmalkhan
108. Who among the following was the president of All India Trade Union Congress in 1929?
(A) M.N. Roy
(B) N. M. Joshi
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Jayaprakash Narayan
109. Swaraj Party was formed by-
(A) C. R. Das
(B) Motilal Nehru
(C) Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) C. R. Das and Motilal Nehru
110. ‘Luck-now Pact’ was concluded between-,
(A) Congress and the British Government
(B) Muslim League and the ’1 British Government
(C) Congress and the Muslim in League
(D) Congress, the Muslim League and the British Government
111. An AII Party Conference appointed a sub-committee with Ali Imam, Tejbahadur Sapru and Subhash Bose. Who was presiding this subcommittee?
(A) Maulana Azad
(B) wallaby Bhai Patel
(C) Madan Mohan Malviya
(D) Motilal Nehru
112. Who among the following particiated in all the three Round Table conferences?
(A) Madan Mohan Malviya
(B) B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Sardar patel
(D) None of these
113. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(A) Ramprasad Bismil: Lahore conspiracy case
(B) Surya Sen : Chatgaon Case
(C) Bhagat singh : Kakori conspiracy Case
(D) Chandrashekhar Azad: Delhi Bomb Case
114. When were the Congress Governments formed in even out of eleven provinces?
(A) July 1935
(B) July 1936
(C) July 1937
(D) July 1938
115. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(A) Chelmsford: Rowlatt Act
(B) Lord Reading: Delhi Darbar
(C) Lord Willington: Arriving of Prince of Wales in india
(D) Lord Hardinge: II Round Table Conference
116. Subhash Chandra Bose inaugurated the government of Free india at..
117. In December 1931 two school girl students killed the District Judge in koala by shooting-
(A) Suniti Choudhary and Bina Das
(B) Shanti Ghosh and suniti Choudhry
(C) Bina Das and Kalpana Datta
(D) Kalpana Datta and Shanti Ghosh
118. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(A) Chuar Revolt: Orissa
(B) Sanyasi Revolt; Bihar
(C) Parlakhemundi Revolt: Orissa
(D) Rampa Revolt: Kxarnatsk
119. The following countries under- took the responsibility of organizing the Bandung Conference-.
(A) Indonesia, Burma, Cambodia
(B) India, Burma, Indonesia
(C) Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Cambodia
(D) Chinw Japan, Thailand
120. Which of the following Articles of Indian Constitution declares it is a primary duty of the state to raise the level of nutrition and the standard of leaving of its people and the ”Improvement of the Public Health’’?
(A) Article 46
(B) Article 47
(C) Article 48
(D) Article 49