Current Affairs of September 2011 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of September 2011. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 September 2011
- India’s insult continues, lose to England in T20.
- Indian-origin doctor performs cancer surgery on 99 year old.
- District Governor, Prafull Mukadam graced this do organised by Rotary Club of Nagpur Downtown.
- 76% Delhiites feel CWG expense unjustified, 80% worry about tab.
Current Affairs of 02 September 2011
- ED: FEMA violation of Rs.10,000 cr in 2G.
- Reunion of 94′ commerce batch of Hislop College organized in Nagpur after 16 years.
- HC slams Delhi govt over failure to provide medical care to pregnant women.
- Indira School of Communication (ISC) at waked celebrated the institute’s fifth convocation in Pune.
Current Affairs of 03 September 2011
- BJP alleges Rs.1000 crores defence land scam in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Amit weds Harshita in style amidst grand ceremonies hosted by Anita and Ajay Kakar in Nagpur.
- Sufism is the only tool to retain peace in world: Israel ambassador.
- Most children’s homes remain outside govt radar; Only 60 of 2,054 homes registered under JJ Act.
Current Affairs of 04 September 2011
- Wiki: Yechury, Karat charmed US envoys.
- Fee-reimbursement: Cabinet sub-committee to challenge High Court directive.
- Increase in demand for freshwater fish sees sale of fish seed up by 20 pc.
- Farmer dupes bank, takes Rs 32L loan with fake pattadar passbook.
Current Affairs of 05 September 2011
- CBI finds Reddys’ hoard: Rs 4.5 crore, 30 kg gold.
- Jazz singer Diane Witherspoon mesmerised the crowd with her powerful voice on her tour in India.
- After new link, Metro ridership up by 50,000.
- Cannabis worth ‘3.25L seized from 4-wheeler in Talegaon.
Current Affairs of 06 September 2011
- Chinese bank ICBC gets India licence.
- Ex-CBI chiefs join hands to maintain autonomy.
- NSE to start mobile trading from early October.
- Akshardham terror attack convicts seek CBI probe.
- AIFF XI to shift to Capital after Common Wealth Games.
Current Affairs of 07 September 2011
- 2nd ODI: Cook leads England to easy win.
- Yahoo CEO Carol Bartz fired over phone.
- Prominent clubs in the city organized a fun-filled evening on wheels for the club members in Lucknow.
- No RTE funds? Let states tell kids thatSibal Says 25% Quota In Private Schools Will Stay.
- Students of the cosmetic department of LAD College dressed to a Punjabi theme for Teacher’s Day celebrations in Nagpur.
Current Affairs of 08 September 2011
- Robbed, Russian walks 9,000 km to reach home.
- Twenty-four couples gathered at a popular restaurant and celebrated birth of Lord Krishna.
- Amazing classical dance forms of Kerala displayed at a function organized at a hotel in Lucknow.
Current Affairs of 09 September 2011
- CAG report on AI: Praful denies helping pvt airlines.
- 700 BEST buses display pan masala ads: RTI.
- Corporation reclaims OSR lands worth Rs 50 crores.
- NDRF, Army joint team for international chemical warfare exercise in Tunisia.
Current Affairs of 10 September 2011
- Delhi High Court blast victims say no to compensation money.
- IIMs worried as B-schools boycott CAT 2011.
- Prominent educationists and politicos attend an iftaar party organized by US Embassy in Lucknow.
- IPL franchisees to approach GC for change in rules.
- Ghazipur police accused of torturing accused.
Current Affairs of 11 September 2011
- US united in grief as it marks 9/11 anniversary.
- 9/ 11 meant the US would never be the same again.
- AFSPA set to go from a few areas in Jammu and Kashmir.
- A 36-m road can pave the way for 21 low-cost homes.
Current Affairs of 12 September 2011
- Delhi flush with funds but no ‘project in hand’.
- Security heightened on AMU campus.
- Chennai Super Kings spank Central Stags by 57 runs.
- Soy oil rich in omega-3 fatty acids to hit market by ’12.
- Church sex abuse linked to 13 suicides in Belgium.
Current Affairs of 13 September 2011
- Angola’s Leila Lopes crowned Miss Universe.
- SC order on Jafri’s petition is not a clean chit for Modi.
- Describe colour of terrorism in Kashmir valley: Narendra Modi to Chidambaram.
- CIC: Preparatory info of Cabinet papers can be disclosed under RTI.
Current Affairs of 14 September 2011
- Cash for votes: AIIMS, Tihar file Amar’s health report.
- CWG Scam: CBI conducts raids, files fresh cases.
- Sasan Coal: Tatas to apologise to Supreme Court.
- Mumbai Indians prepare hard and long for Redbacks clash.
- Maharashtra to unveil HIV-friendly private sector workplace policy.
Current Affairs of 15 September 2011
- Curfew in Bharatpur after 3 die in communal clashes.
- Team enjoys go-karting ahead of 5th ODI.
- Technique mingled beautifully with fun and frolic at show organized by Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology in Nagpur.
- BCCI keen to end Modi trial before its AGM.
- Party organised by Sarang Kale at Fionaa lounge for his close friends.
Current Affairs of 16 September 2011
- Illegal property: Karnataka Lokayukta lands in soup.
- Petition in SC questions Jaya’s continuance in office.
- Proud parents Sashanka and Prakash Naidu organized a a grand naming ceremony of their baby girl Sameera.
- I-T dept, banks fight, Rs 2200cr recovered from Mehta scam gets stuck.
- Former British Prime Minister Blair credits Indian Vellani with shaping ‘my approach to politics’.
Current Affairs of 17 September 2011
- Mind Rocks Youth Summit: Kumar Mangalam Birla begins inaugural address.
- Gujarat polls 2012: Modi, Vaghela rely on fast politics.
- Standing committee approves proposal to plant 40,000 saplings.
- MCOCA accused made to sit for ‘identification’ in Patrawala case.
Current Affairs of 18 September 2011
- Sikkim: 5 IAF planes deployed for quake relief.
- J&K crisis: As netas dither, forces find new assertiveness.
- NCW seeks report from police, Delhi Metro in alleged harassment case.
- KKR, TPG, Carlyle, Bain in race to buy Honda’s stake in India JV.
Current Affairs of 19 September 2011
- 6.8 earthquake jolts Sikkim, Nepal; 28 dead, over 100 injured.
- Earthquake measuring 6.8 on Richter scale jolts India, Nepal.
- Artist Ketaki Pimpalkhare organised a preview of her paintings and sculptures, at a club in the city.
- Lawyer Prashant Bhushan gives SC ‘evidence’ against ex-CJIs.
- CLT20: Victoria beat Chennai Super Kings via Super Over.
Current Affairs of 20 September 2011
- NDA divided over Modi’s fast for harmony.
- KBC’s season 5 may finally see Rs.1 crore winner.
- Outsourcing emerged as a new business strategy in early 1980s.
- GGEA to resume strike on 22 September.
Current Affairs of 21 September 2011
- Resist yielding to populism on issue of nuclear energy
- CBI wary of SC probe into PC’s 2G role.
- 23 killed as goods train rams into Intercity Express in Madhya Pradesh.
- In 15 months of Mamata tenure, 270 railway deaths.
- A solar-powered spy plane that flies non-stop for 5 years.
Current Affairs of 22 September 2011
- Hrithik’s Krrish 3 strikes Rs.125 crore deal.
- RTI: 750 MPs bought confiscated guns from government.
- Finally, top babus go for Village darshan and wag finger at OC.
- BMC chief, top cop promise to restore Shivaji Park after visarjan.
- Supreme Court saves Centre of Haj embarrassment, clears flight of 45,000 pilgrims.
Current Affairs of 23 September 2011
- IIM-B student suicide: Police book ex-boyfriend.
- IAF works to seal 126 fighter jet deal.
- Water sports operators hope tourism activities will not be barred from island.
- 57 refugees being smuggled out of country caught by Ooty police.
- CG Road shop-owners, families to take to streets today against demolition.
Current Affairs of 24 September 2011
- Pranab’s 2G note gives new lease of life to Joshi-led PAC.
- Govt to ease rules to get $1 tn into infra sector.
- Retro themed party ‘Once upon a time in Bollywood’ organized by a prominent club in Lucknow.
- India’s telecom equipment security may be key agenda during Obama’s visit.
- FIIs can invest $10 billion more in bonds now.
Current Affairs of 25 September 2011
- 2G scam comes to haunt the UPA govt once again.
- 50% voting, no violence in Mamata’s by-poll.
- Deora meets Dikshit, offers ads worth Rs 10 cr to Prasar Bharati.
- Chennai beat Bangalore by 52 runs, reach CLT20 final.
- 6,541 communal clashes between ’01 & ’09.
Current Affairs of 26 September 2011
- Jayalalithaa condoles deaths in Nepal air crash.
- Mass grave of 1,270 Libyan prisoners found.
- TSJ students out to make a mark in media.
- CWG Scam: Kalmadi’s associates ‘bagged’ travel contracts.
- CJI replaces Justice Kumar with Justice Alam for Ayodhya case.
Current Affairs of 27 September 2011
- Trai regulation puts an end to pesky calls, SMSes.
- Telangana: JAC calls for Hyd shutdown on Sept 30, rail roko in Octoter.
- BITES works on benchmark curriculum with state colleges.
- Another Sompeta in the offing?Govt On Alert As Six Private Players Keen To Set Up Power Plants In Nellore.
- Patnaik to showcase Mahatma through ‘sand animation’ at CWG opening.
Current Affairs of 28 September 2011
- NASA: Satellite fell in south Pacific, not Canada.
- Govt, CBI must answer key questions on 2G spectrum.
- A unique programme called Kadhitari Vedyagat to enjoy Marathi poetry in Nagpur.
- Veteran artist Mohd Shakil displayed his paintings and abstract artworks at an exhibition organized in Lucknow.
- TYBCom students yet to receive hall tickets for October 1 exam.
Current Affairs of 29 September 2011
- 2G note: Ministers, JPC chief meet Pranab.
- OC gets Rs.30-lakh bill for ‘illegal’ hotel patrons during Games.
- Techie found dead in AP after skipping first day in city company.
- DHBVN gives panchayats 5% return for bill recovery.
- ADAG plans Rs 1.25 L cr capex in next few years.
Current Affairs of 30 September 2011
- Tainted Punjab police officers get important posts.
- Fasting, and ‘furious’ with BJP, Modi skips Day 1 of party meet.
- Home ministry nod for prosecution of Kahlon, IAS officer.
- Domestic operations at T3 will start from October 30.