Current Affairs of September 2012 for all types of Competitive Exams Read top news headlines and latest major events happened in India and World in the month of September 2012. The information given will help you to prepare for exams like: IAS, PCS, UPSC, Railways, SSC, Banking and all other competitive exams.
Current Affairs of 01 September 2012:
- 3 held after Maharashtra industries minister Narayan Rane gets stuck in a lift for 45 minutes.
- Supreme Court asks Sahara Group companies to refund Rs 24,029 crore with 15% interest.
- Strive for a consensus among states to regulate retail sale of acid, SC tells Centre.
- Kapil Sibal to visit Central University of Rajasthan, Malaviya National Institute of Technology today.
Current Affairs of 02 September 2012:
- Babu Bajrangi Among 31 Given Life Term.
- Devendra Kumar Joshi appointed as new Navy chief.
- Joker realesed in the Theatre’s today.
- SC tells Sahara firms to refund Rs24,029 with 15% interest.
Current Affairs of 03 September 2012:
- 16th NAM (Non-Aligned Movement) Summit was held in Tehran.
- India on the top, Close on the third days play.
- Richard Bach,76 critical after plane he was flying crashes.
Current Affairs of 04 September 2012:
- Terror strikes US mission car in Pak, 4 killed.
- India Wins 2nd Test Against New Zealand & Win the Series 2-0.
- Govt to ban OTC Sale of 92 Antibiotcs.
- MFG Growth slipped because power cut for 9 month.
Current Affairs of 05 September 2012:
- Paes, Sania out of mixed doubles.
- Grisha win a Silver Medal in the Men’s High Jump.
- Jharkhand ex-chief secretary now director in coal firm.
- Study finds organic food is no better on vitamins, nutrients.
- Gurgaon e-way to be toll-free till September 20.
Current Affairs of 06 September 2012:
- Gold climbs to a new High of Rs 31,980.
- Nokia unveils windows 8 Lumia Smartphone.
- Kaushik Basu appionted as new Economic Chief of World Bank.
- 37 seven die in Sivakasi Unit Blasts.
- State Bank of India cuts deposit rate by 0.5%.
Current Affairs of 07 September 2012:
- Grappler Indu wins bronze in Junior World Championship.
- Pakistan crushed Australia by 7 wickets in the opening Twenty20 international.
- Sanjiv Sharma appointed as new Director Finance in Goa Shipyard Limited.
- Sunita Williams sets record for spacewalk.
Current Affairs of 08 September 2012:
- Higher Subsidies to Push fiscal deficit over 6%.
- Mother Dairy Milk costlier by Rs2 a litre.
Current Affairs of 09 September 2012:
- Prime Minister award Rs22L to Mary Kom, Dutt.
- Teen bomber strikes near Nato HQ in Kabul, kills 6.
- Telecom user base drops by 20 in a month.
- 256% rise in Indian students going abroad in 10 years.
Current Affairs of 10 September 2012:
- Draft policy recommends relocation or regularisation of illegally constructed religious shrines.
- Activist wants Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation men to pay for goof-up.
- Cops get unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) power to hunt for Maoists in Andhra-Orissa Border (AOB).
- Government forms advisory board to implement Official Language Act.
Current Affairs of 11 September 2012:
- 25 terror strikes rock Iraq, 58 killed.
- Djokovic Enters Third Consecutive Open Final.
- PSLV-C21 fires Isro to historic 100.
- India’s milkman Dr. Verghese Kurien passes away at 90.
- Delhi govt slaps ban on all Gutka products.
- Seshagiri Rao appointed as new rail Tel Director.
Current Affairs of 12 September 2012:
- Reserve Bank of India eases ECB guidelines.
- Australia beat Pakistan in Second T-20 Match.
- MIT dethrones Cambridge as world’s top university.
- New Zealand Beat India by one run in only T-20 Match in Series.
Current Affairs of 13 September 2012:
- More than 300 killed in Pak factory fires.
- Vitamin C can keep Alzheimer’s at bay.
- Mulyam attacks Cong, reaches out to Mamta.
Current Affairs of 14 September 2012:
- Sethumadhavan appointed as new chariman of National Book Turst of India.
- Deccan rejects sole bid, fate in BCCI hands.
- Scientist Lesser evil said wine is better for heart.
Current Affairs of 15 September 2012:
- Wine Better for Heart Health Than Vodka study called.
- A. Sethumachervan appointed as new chairman of NBT.
- Dhoni named captain of ICC ODI Team of the Year; Ajmal included in XI.
- PV. Sindhu beat Chinese Olympic championn in Super Series Quarterfinals.
Current Affairs of 16 September 2012:
- Virat Kohli is ODI king but Sanga sweeps awards.
- Tennis body extends Bhupati-Bopanna ‘ban’.
- Google won’t remove and-Islam film.
- Former RSS Chief K S Sudarshan dead.
Current Affairs of 17 September 2012:
- Blind student wins Jagadish Chandra Bose Memorial Gold Medel.
- Indain Airlines pilot headed for strike.
- DU polls: ABVP calls bandh today over ‘foul play’.
- CPM rebel faction wins JNU prez election.
Current Affairs of 18 September 2012:
- Queer groups look to arrange maiden pride parade in Hyderabad.
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission head won’t be named without HC order, says state.
- 2G scam: BJP to attend JPC today, insist on calling PM, Chidambaram.
- North Western Railway to remove unmanned level crossings by March 2015.
Current Affairs of 19 September 2012:
- Consumer price inflation rises to 10 %.
- Sri Lanka beats Zimbabwe opening game of T-20 World cup.
- Mahesh Bhupati Exploring legal option after Tennis Ban.
- SBI cut base rate makes home, atuo loans cheaper.
Current Affairs of 20 September 2012:
- Raise cylinder subsidy cap to 9.
- Watson Stars in 7 Wickets Win Over Ireland in his Opening Match In World Cup.
- India beat Afghanistan in his Opening Match in World T-20.
- Agni test successful.
- Reebok ex-MD,COO held in 870 crores fraud case.
Current Affairs of 21 September 2012:
- No mobile service in 15 Pakistani cities for a day.
- Bharat Salhotra appointed New Director of DFCCIL.
- Narayan Rao appointed NBA president.
- Actor Dinesh Thakur passes away at 65.
- P.K. Rastogi, Director (HR), Engineers India Ltd wins HR Leadership Award.
- Zimbabwe Out of T-20 World Cup.
Current Affairs of 22 September 2012:
- New technology to fight malware.
- 19 killed on Pakistan streets in anti-film protests.
- Govt cushions impact of subsidy waiver on LPG.
- England massive win over Afghanistan in their Opening game.
Current Affairs of 23 September 2012:
- Coalgate figures may not be accurate, hints Chief Justice of India S H Kapadia.
- Government Railway Police nets bag of 45 mobiles worth Rs 5 lakh.
- Himachal Pradesh high court asks CBI to complete probe into fake colleges in HP.
- Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon imposes Rs 5,000 fine on highrises without fire no objection certificates.
Current Affairs of 24 September 2012:
- Oscar nomination for Barfi.
- Deepika win a silver medal in the World Cup.
- Om Puri discharged from hospital.
- Four-year degree at Delhi University.
- Medical Council of India approves 3-and-a-half-yr medical course.
Current Affairs of 25 September 2012:
- Anand Kishore appointed as New CVO of EIL.
- Lakshmipathy appionted new PTI chairman.
- B.B. Pattanaik wins Agriculture Leadership Award.
- No roaming charges from next year.
- Venkateshwar wins CBSE Teacher Award.
- Rest Clinch Irani Cup With Innings Win Over Rajasthan.
Current Affairs of 26 September 2012:
- Maharashtra deputy C M Ajit Pawar resigned from the Democratic Front government.
- Four few days of free ride on Gurgaon e-way.
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 2.
- Pakistan beats Bangladesh, Enter into the Super Eights of the ICC World Twenty20.
Current Affairs of 27 September 2012:
- Murugesan is appointed as new chief justice of Delhi High Court.
- Moon River crooner Andy Williams passes away at 84.
- Simon Taufel will be retire after t-20 world cup.
- England Vs West Indies First Super Eight Match Today.
Current Affairs of 28 September 2012:
- Sandeep Patil appointed selection panel head.
- AC train fares to go up by more than 3% from Oct 1.
- Sima Samar wins alternative Nobel Award.
- West Indies beat England in the Super Eight Match.
- Sri Lanka beat New Zealand in Super Over.
Current Affairs of 29 September 2012:
- Former NSA Brajesh Mishra passes away.
- Passport rates to be increased from October 1.
- ICC T20 World Cup: Watson powers Australia to crushing win over India.
- UG semester exams in Delhi University from November 20.
Current Affairs of 30 September 2012:
- England kept alive their title defence with a six-wicket victory against New Zealand.
- Altamas Kabir takes oath as 39th Chief Justice of India.
- Sri Lanka beat West Indies by 9 wickets to move one step closer to semifinal.