May 2014 Quiz Questions with Answers: Here we can check and build our general knowledge by attempting the quiz for the month of May 2014 online. This quiz and its question can help you to grab and remind the major events happened in the month of May 2014. All below questions are specifically designed for certain kinds of competitive exams.
1. Who becomes the world’s first island to run on water & wind power only?
El Hierro: The smallest and least known of Spain’s Canary Islands, El Hierro, is making a splash by becoming the first island in the world fully energy self-sufficient through combined water and wind power.
2. Which among the following cricket nation regain No.1 position in T20I rankings?
India: India on Thursday climbed up a position and regained its number one ranking in Twenty20 Internationals after the annual update of the ICC Rankings. The Indian side has swapped places with ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 champions, Sri Lanka.
3. Name the world’s second largest retailer who looking to exit India over unclear FDI policies?
Carrefour: Carrefour, the world’s second largest retailer, has started to work on an exit plan from India after talks to sell its five wholesale stores to Sunil Mittal’s Bharti group failed.
4. Which among the following director recently conferred with Dada Saheb Phalke award?
Gulzar: Noted lyricist-director Gulzar was on Saturday conferred the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke award by President Pranab Mukherjee at the 61st National Film Awards ceremony here.
5. Who has been won the BMW Open final?
Martin Klizan: Slovakian qualifier Martin Klizan defeated top-seeded Fabio Fognini 2-6, 6-1, 6-2 in the BMW Open final on Sunday for his second ATP World Tour title.
6. Which among the following company won the International Safety Award 2014?
BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL): British Safety Council, UK, has awarded BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) with the. The award was conferred on BYPL on April 25 at the Grosvenor House in London.
7. Who became the first Indian to be awarded the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE)?
Ratan Tata: Ratan Tata became the first Indian to be awarded the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire (GBE) since India became a republic in 1950. British high commissioner to India James Bevan conducted the ceremony.
8. According to World Health Organization (WHO), Which Indian city is the most polluted air in the world?
Delhi: Delhi is the most polluted city in the world when it comes to air quality, according to a WHO study released Wednesday. The 2014 version of the Ambient Air Pollution (AAP) database contains results of outdoor air pollution monitoring from almost 1600 cities in 91 countries.
9. Which Indian state won the 285 awards under UPA rule?
Gujarat: Since 2004, Modi government in Gujarat has received 285 awards among which seven conferred by Prime Minister, 82 by various central government departments and 172 by well recognized national and international agencies for performing well in administration and development areas.
10. Which political party won the fifth consecutive South African election?
African National Congress party: The ruling African National Congress party (ANC) has won South Africa’s fifth democratic election by a significant albeit reduced majority, debunking speculation that the party would be punished over high unemployment and political controversy.
11. Who becomes the second bowler to clinch 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League?
Amit Mishra: After the wicket of Kevin Pietersen, Amit Mishra reached 100 Indian Premier League wickets. Amit Mishra has now become the second bowler to clinch 100 wickets in the Indian Premier League after Lasith Malinga who currently has 114 wickets to his name.
12. Which tennis player won the women’s Madrid Open title 2014?
Maria Sharapova: Maria Sharapova bounced back from a poor start to defeat Simona Halep, 1-6, 6-2, 6-3, on Sunday and win the Madrid Open title. Sharapova, who lost to Serena Williams in last year’s final, crumbled in the opening set when she held her serve just once.
13. Who has been won the men’s Madrid Open title 2014?
Rafael Nadal: Rafael Nadal won his fourth Madrid Open title on Sunday after Kei Nishikori was forced to withdraw with an injury when trailing, 2-6, 6-4, 3-0, in the final.
14. Which among the following university tops Asian university rankings 2014?
National University of Singapore: The National University of Singapore (NUS) was named Asia’s top university, while Nanyang Technological University (NTU) jumped three places to seventh, its highest ever position.
15. Which among the following singer’s new album topped the digital charts in more than 50 countries?
Michael Jacksons: Michael Jacksons new album Xscape has topped the digital charts in more than 50 countries after its release earlier this week. The King of Pops set of eight unheard tracks has been given a contemporary reworking by acclaimed producers such as Timbaland.
16. Who has been becomes the first African-American executive editor of The New York Times?
Dean Baquet: New York Times Co. (NYT) unexpectedly ousted Jill Abramson as executive editor after less than three years on the job, naming Dean Baquet as her replacement. Dean Baquet becomes the first African-American executive editor in the newspaper’s 162-year history.
17. Which university scientists create replica of shark skin with 3D Printing?
Harvard University: Researchers from Harvard University have successfully created a 3D-printed model of shark skin to show the scales help the animal swim. The scientists scanned the animal’s skin and found denticles, teeth-like scales that help sharks move efficiently.
18. Which among the following Lok Sabha will have the highest number of MPs with criminal cases?
16th: The 16th Lok Sabha will have the highest number of MPs with criminal cases against them.
19. Which one of the following European country banned on Indian mangoes from May 1?
Britain: The ''king of fruits'' and other Indian mangoes were banned by the European Union from May 1 after fruit flies.
20. Narendra Modi to resign as Gujarat CM on…………?
21st May: BJP`s PM-designate Narendra Modi is expected to resign as the Chief Minister of Gujarat on May 21 - a day after he will be formally elected as the new leader by the party`s parliamentary board to lead the NDA government.
21. Who became the first woman Chief Minister of Gujarat on 22 May 2014?
Anandiben Patel: Anandiben Patel was sworn-in as the first woman Chief Minister of Gujarat on 22 May 2014.
22. When do we celebrate “World Turtle Day”?
23rd May: World on 23 May observed World Turtle Day. The day is observed to encourage human efforts to help tortoise survive.
23. Which one of the following country won the badminton Uber Cup 2014 on 24th May 2014?
China: China won Uber Cup 2014 of badminton on 24 May 2014. China team defeated the Japan team 3-1 in the final held at Siri Fort Complex in New Delhi.
24. AFC Women’s Asian Football Cup 2014 won on 25th May by............?
Japan: Japan became the first country to simultaneously hold both the FIFA Women’s World Cup (2011) and AFC Women’s Asian Football Cup (2014) on May 25. AFC Women’s Asian Football Cup held in Vietnam.
25. Who has been appointed as the 15th Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014?
Narendra Modi: Narendra Damodardas Modi was sworn-in as the 15th Prime Minister of India on 26 May 2014.
26. Name of 14th Attorney-General of India was appointed on 28 May 2014?
Mukul Rohatgi: Mukul Rohatgi was appointed as the 14th Attorney-General of India on 28 May 2014. He will succeed Gulam Vahanvati.
27. Which Indian university launched mobile app for admission in undergraduate course on 29th May 2014?
Delhi University: Delhi University, the premier university in the country is now phone and tablet ready. The university has launched an exclusive app for those who seek admission in DU and need more information.
28. Which among the following private space travel firm unveiled its new manned Dragon V2 Capsule to take astronauts into Low-Earth?
Space X: The private space travel firm Space X on 30 May 2014 unveiled its new manned Dragon V2 Capsule to take astronauts into Low-Earth orbit and beyond.
29. Which one of the following news channel won gold and silver for Best TV News Channel?
AAJ TAK: Headlines Today and Aaj Tak have won gold and silver for Best TV News Channel Promos at Broadcaster Abbys at Goafest 2014.
Watch Current Affairs May 2014 Quiz Video:
Grab Current Affairs May, 2014 Questions Datewise: