Major Events and Top News Headlines of 01 November 2010:
- =New Zealand Cricket’s General Manager Geoff Allot today said he would step down from his post at the end of this month in the aftermath of the Black Caps’ humiliating 0-4 ODI series loss to Bangladesh recently.
- =Brazilians on Monday celebrated the election of their first-ever woman President, Dilma Rousseff, who pledged to extend policies implemented by popular outgoing leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, her mentor.
- = Indonesia’s deadly volcano has unleashed another powerful eruption, spewing out towering clouds of hot ash. There were no immediate reports of new casualties or damage.
- = China said on Monday that it saw India’s development not as a threat but as an opportunity and India should take a similar view of Beijing’s economic growth.
- = In a bid to give local communities a key role in managing forest resources, the Forest Department’s smallest unit at the grassroots-level will now report to panchayati-raj institutions instead.