Major Events and Top News Headlines of 01 September 2010:
- India will be responding by tomorrow to Pakistan’s fresh dossier regarding more information on Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorist David Headley and his activities during his multiple visits to the country between 2006 and 2009.
- Barring Anantnag town in south Kashmir, curfew was on Wednesday lifted from the entire Kashmir Valley with people flocking markets to buy essentials.
- The Madras High Court Bench here has said that it cannot compel a lower court to pass orders on an interlocutory (interim) application filed before the latter especially when it had thought it fit to decide the issue only after ordering notices to the respondents in the particular case.
- The Madras High Court on Tuesday directed the Government Pleader to inform the court regarding the stage of investigation relating to a complaint of production and supply of fake malaria detection test kit by a Chennai-based firm.
- New York Governor David Paterson on Tuesday signed into law the first extensive domestic workers’ rights measure in the nation, which he said will correct historic injustices.